C++ Coders needed to fix Mod Organizer to work with the new Windows 10 Version/Insider Builds

ATMPlays

Question

On October 17th a the Fall Windows 10 Creator Update is coming out, with it comes a patch for the DX9 4 GB VRAM limit. But it breaks Mod Organizer (at least in insider builds). Tannin and others have layed out how to fix it in this GitHub Issue. All we need is some coders proficient in C++ to build and compile MO with these fixes. I'm sure everyone would appreciate if someone solved this problem.

8 answers to this question

I have also "put out feelers" for coders in as many places as I can think that coders/gamers would look.

Push comes to shove I may have to reinstall my development environment for MO/MO2. Not pleased about that as last time it was a hassle of different installs just to get the correct files to compile.

That and the fact that I'm not a very good coder. :cool:

I have also "put out feelers" for coders in as many places as I can think that coders/gamers would look.

Push comes to shove I may have to reinstall my development environment for MO/MO2. Not pleased about that as last time it was a hassle of different installs just to get the correct files to compile.

That and the fact that I'm not a very good coder. :cool:

I could probably try to fix it myself but I don't want to install the Insider version and I don't have any other Windows Keys to put it on other computers. If it is not fixed by the fall update I will update my PC and try to fix it myself

@chrisbro-MSFT,  a Microsoft developer apparently, just posted on the GitHub that build 16289+ will have the fix for this so maybe there will be no need to make any changes.

Sweet, I just read that myself. I guess we will see when the build comes out if it works or not. If it doesn't I will take up your offer to fix it here without the update and then letting the users here on the STEP forum test it.

This is pretty awesome and my hat's off to the Microsoft developers that walked this up the chain to get it fixed so quickly. What I find really annoying though is that the original 4GB issue sat in Microsoft Connect since 2015 and is still active. I think Microsoft Connect was a good idea when it was created, but it's become a dumping ground for issues and is no longer useful.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1263324/gpu-memory-allocation-limit-on-directx9-windows-8

I had seen that the 4GB dx9 issue was still listed on connect but I can verify that as of build 16278 it no longer exists. Confirmed by Boris's VRamSizeTest for DX9 running that build Win 10 64bit. Somone on the connect end really needs to reply to that thread and close it, unless they are waiting for the fall release to go public and not just insider.