Mod Organizer not installing Core Requirements of DynDOLOD Resources SE

NuroDragonfly

Question

Hello all...

There seems to be a distinct lake of help fixing this, which is quite disturbing, as there seems to be complete arrogance on how to fix the issue.

To be specific:

17:27:34 [D] data path: G:/MO 2.0.8.3b
17:27:34 [D] Working directory: G:\MO 2.0.8.3b
17:27:34 [D] initializing core
17:27:34 [D] usvfs log messages are written to G:/MO 2.0.8.3b/logs/usvfs-2017-09-10_07-27-34.log
17:27:34 [D] initialize plugins
17:27:34 [D] looking for plugins in G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\plugins
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "check_fnis.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "diagnose_basic.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_fallout3.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_fallout4.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_falloutNV.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_oblivion.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_skyrim.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "game_skyrimse.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "inieditor.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_bain.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_bundle.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_fomod.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_manual.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_ncc.dll"
17:27:34 [D] loaded plugin "installer_quick.dll"
17:27:35 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
17:27:35 [D] loaded plugin "plugin_python.dll"
17:27:35 [D] loaded plugin "preview_base.dll"
17:27:35 [D] no plugin splash
17:27:35 [D] managing game at G:\Steam Games Launcher\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
17:27:35 [D] setting up configured executables
17:27:35 [D] configured profile: Default
17:27:35 [D] initializing tutorials
17:27:35 [D] loaded language en_US
17:27:35 [D] interface Ethernet seems to be up (address: fe80::396e:f4aa:2503:5774%6)
17:27:35 [D] reading save games from C:/Users/Denn/Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition/Saves
17:27:35 [D] displaying main window
17:27:35 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved
17:41:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved
17:41:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\plugins.txt saved
17:41:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\loadorder.txt saved
17:41:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:11 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:12 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved
17:42:12 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:35 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:36 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved
17:42:36 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:47 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved
17:42:52 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:42:56 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\lockedorder.txt saved
17:43:51 [D] simple expression matched, using name only
17:43:51 [D] passed mod id: 0, guessed id: -1
17:43:51 [D] using mod name "DynDOLOD" (id 0) -> G:/Games - Loading Programs/Dyndolod Files/DynDOLOD-Resources-SE.2.30.7z
17:43:53 [D] module name :  "DynDOLOD Resources SE"
17:44:12 [C] failed to extract 00 DynDOLOD Core Files - Required\Interface to Interface: Interface not found in archive   - THE SPECIFIC ISSUE #1
17:44:12 [C] failed to extract 00 DynDOLOD Core Files - Required\Scripts to Scripts: Scripts not found in archive   - THE SPECIFIC ISSUE #2
17:44:12 [D] installing to "G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE"
17:44:19 [D] Installation successful   - NOT TRUE AT ALL!
17:44:19 [D] G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved

Mod Organizer 2.0.8.3b, which is the current version, will not install DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.30 Core required files, and this means that DynDOLOD TexGen and DynDOLOD 2.31 Standalone do not work.

Nobody has SPECIFICALLY outlined how to fix this, and that is after doing all required re-installation of various programs as per basic instructions, so somebody needs to give a SPECIFIC list of how to fix the problem that is not the generic "watch and install program guide" as I wouldn't be here if ANY of them had helped.

I used to use NMM but it is **** to be blunt, as I always used MO for Fallout games and know my way around it, and since I've started modding SSE I initially used NMM (latest version) to see what's been released for SSE, and today decided to finally do a proper mod of the game after some extensive testing of various mods, including a fully functioning and working DynDOLOD 2.30, but now it doesn't install and work for MO 2.....WTF!

The next issue is that DynDOLOD isn't reading the Mods List either, it's only reading the un-modded Data files of the 4 basic ESM masters for SSE...

I know how to mod my games from Nexus etc, so don't reply with any basic info, this is clearly a complicated issue with the need for expert advice please peoples. If my tone is "unpleasant" to some it's because i've already found all the "so called" help put out on the net to be very UN-helpfull, and quite rudely given, with no actual help.

Something is going wrong and the author of DynDOLOD is not taking msgs on their Nexus page so help is needed...

Regards,

Nuro

11 answers to this question

Leaving aside the details about the missing "interface & scripts" folders, I'll make one mention about your naming scheme for your MO folders. Don't use . (periods) in the names, change it to something less problematic like: G:\MO2 or G:\MO and leave off the version number part. Tools run from MO/MO2 already have a hard time navigating through the VFS without confusing Windows with badly named folders.

Now let me address the nature of your post. Clearly this is your first post here on the STEP forum but you've obviously been looking elsewhere for answers. Perhaps you're unaware that DynDOLOD's main support forum is here! That may have saved you some angst if you posted your question here first.

The "so-called" help does not exist here, the creator of DynDOLOD does however actively support his work and you will see this by the many posts and answers in this sub-forum.

So welcome to STEP and please remain courteous in your future posts. I'm sure the answer to your query will be forthcoming shortly.

Hello,

Yes my "attitude" was rather harsh, but as stated it was with reason, imo.

Though, yes, I take the hint with good grace, sir, about courteousness in the future.

So is there a specific location within this forum about MO2 and DynDOLOD? because I didn't see it hence my post in the first, rather frustrated, place...

Regards,

Nuro

PS: What's this about periods? Is this some American slang referring to a word I used? I mean this in all deadpan and non abusive seriousness, as I have no idea what it is you mean...being an Australian English speaker, which is basically the Queens English so to speak, IE the Oxford and Macquarie Universities Official form of the language, you have me completely confused. And if this is some old English word, well I've never come across it, as the word Period means something very specific to me, and non of those are what I'm referring to... :confusion:

Hello all...

There seems to be a distinct lake of help fixing this, which is quite disturbing, as there seems to be complete arrogance on how to fix the issue.

Excuse me? You have one post. This seems to be the first time this issue is brought up here.

If you have a problem with a tool like MO, in that it reports that it installed something successfully that then doesn't work for you, I suggest to ask for help in the appropriate forums for the MO version you are using.

It might help to realize, that despite the messages about script/interface folders the installation of DynDOLOD Resource SE works for everybody else with MO since many months.

Nobody has SPECIFICALLY outlined how to fix this

If nobody has a such a problems, nobody is posting about that problem and nobody requires a fix.

The next issue is that DynDOLOD isn't reading the Mods List either

DynDOLOD, just like the game or xEdit reads the current mod list from C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt

This can be verified in the log ("Using plugin list ..."). Use a mod manager that correctly updates this file with the current mod list. Typically MO does that. It seems you have a problem with a third party tool.

Also check the data path is discovered ("Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path..."). If things are off start the game through its launcher once so settings are written to the required places.

I know how to mod my games from Nexus etc, so don't reply with any basic info, this is clearly a complicated issue with the need for expert advice please peoples.

You seem to have an installation and setup problem with a third party tool.

If my tone is "unpleasant" to some it's because i've already found all the "so called" help put out on the net to be very UN-helpfull, and quite rudely given, with no actual help.

You seem to believe you are entitled to help for free tools that are released as-is. You are mad because there has been no past discussions about your problem?

I suggest to put aside emotions and attitude, it usually helps with looking at things more logically like discovering the root cause of problems instead of symptoms.

Something is going wrong and the author of DynDOLOD is not taking msgs on their Nexus page so help is needed...

There is an entire section of a forum that I can be reached at because Nexus is not a good platform. However it is intended to discuss DynDOLOD and LOD related things. Not providing help with third party tools.

The reported problems seem entirely about MO alone.

If MO reports something as "Installation successful" and then doesn't work as expected, it seems like a strong hint to look at MO. the DynDOLOD Resources SE is a simple archive with a FOMOD installer. Seems it worked and was installed as intended.

Edited by sheson

Hello Dragon Prince,

First things first, I wrote my initial post exactly because of finding such responses as you just did then...denigrating and recalcitrant, instead of helping. If a person who is trying to mod, using peoples tools, ask' for help, I do consider it a right, as that is the point we are trying to achieve here for all..

Clearly MO2 2.0.8.3b is not installing DynDOLOD Resources correctly, irrelevant of any other people who have it working. I have followed the STEP guided installation via MO2 to the letter, as well as watched the GP video just for reference and I do not get the same results as either instances have achieved. I'm clearly at my wits end by the way, and yes my normal decorum is not on show, but that happens once you have spent an entire Sunday (Australian time) trying to fix something that seems to be unique all of a sudden.

I'm not a new modder, hence my rather blunt sit rep of the problems and frustrations I'm experiencing, trying to use the better format of MO2 instead of NMM (which we all know puts files directly into the Data folder) of which it worked perfectly in, but now doesn't for some reason. DynDOLOD is a GREAT tool for the immersiveness of the environmental natural of SSE, and I give a great deal of thanks to the person responsible for having the creativeness to invent such a program.

I have been a Nexus subscriber over the years (since Fallout 3) and have donated also. The fact I have only joined the Forum here today is because I can follow instructions and rarely, if ever, do I have issues with my mods....and to be repetitive, hence my frustrations in my initial post. So on one hand I do apologies for my blunt Australian tongue (a national trait) but on the other I don't, to be honest. I know I've done the right thing by the community, as I have contributed in other forums for years with help, and ideas and Beta testing etc, so I know my conscious is clear. I now require help myself with an extremely frustrating problem, which seems to be hard to get...and all I want to do is have decent LODGen in my SSE playthrough... :crying:

So I hope we can find a solution to the reason these files, which don't seem to be in the RAR file in the first place from my look into it, are not installing into MO2 and move forward mate... :confusion:

Anyway regards ::):

Nuro

1. "periods" or dots if you prefer  - GrantSP was referring to a possible problem with your path statement "G:\MO 2.0.8.3b\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE" it would be better witten "G:\MO 2_0_8_3b\mods\DynDOLOD Resources SE.

2. As Sheson (the author of DynDOLOD) pointed out your problem might be with MO2 not installing correctly with the fomod which could lead to the missing core requirements.

3. MO2 is beta and is having problems with third party tools and reading/writing files in some versions of Windows 10.

You could try reinstalling DynDOLOD  resources manually.

OR

You might want to consider Wrye Bash as your mod manager as it is far more stable than MO2

If you want to get more help with MO2 then ask a moderator to move this thread to the correct subforum.

@Sheshon

Although I do not actually play SkyrimSE, I did notice that the SSE version of DynDOLOD resources does not have those two folders whereas the Skyrim version does. That's why I left that part of his question to you.

MO/MO2 is installing ALL the folders that are supplied in that package. The FoMOD however does still have references to interface and scripts.

Inconsequential as can be seen from experience of the past 8 months or so and the log entry of MO completing the installation with "Installation successful".

As I already pointed out in my one time answer, user needs to check which game paths and plugins.txt DynDOLOD is using. The most likely reasons for the problems is not setting the required command line parameter.

Edited by sheson

The log he posted is from installing the resources archive, not running DynDOLOD. MO logs it as successful because it is, all the files in the archive are successfully installed. However the 2 folders: interface and scripts, are shown as "failed to extract" because they do not exist in the SSE version of the resources archive. They do in the old Skyrim version.

I'm simply pointing out that there exists a difference in the supplied files in the two different game versions, if SSE doesn't need to have those 2 folders then the FoMOD need not reference them.