Photo

Changing/Applying a Texture in NifSkope

nifskope

Best Answer TechAngel85 , 10 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Your screenshot is not there, but it sounds like you just need to edit the UV Map for that section of the mesh. This will allow you to move the map to the part of the texture you need it to use.

Right-click on the NiTriShape where you need the make the edit and go to "Texture>Edit UV".

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreamerSteamer

DreamerSteamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Hi

I'm trying to change a texture for the mod Mage Backpack by Tumbajamba (http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/31191) in NifSkope. Specifically I want to change the texture of the banner on the back, which is taken from the mythic dawn banner, to the texture of the banner of the college (textures\architecture\winterhold\winterholdbanner01.dds).

The problem is, that the mesh originally takes the the part of the texture which is right in the middle, where the mythic dawn symbol is, however the college/winterhold symbol is in the upper right corner of the texture (I'm using the one from Designs of the Nords - http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/13429) which results in, the texture not being properly displayed in game, because the mesh does not use the part of the texture I want it to.

Does anyone know how I can change the mesh, so that it takes the part of the texture in the upper right corner?

I've attached a screenshot of the missplaced texture in game.

Greetings

DS

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:17 AM   Best Answer

Your screenshot is not there, but it sounds like you just need to edit the UV Map for that section of the mesh. This will allow you to move the map to the part of the texture you need it to use.

Right-click on the NiTriShape where you need the make the edit and go to "Texture>Edit UV".

#3 DreamerSteamer

DreamerSteamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Okay thanks :)

Just one more question regarding NifSkope settings, how do I make the textures visible, because the mesh is completely blank/white when I open it in NifSkope.

Now the screenshot should be visible

Attached Files

Edited by DreamerSteamer, 10 September 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

You have to place the textures directly in your data folder for Nifskope to be able to display them.

#5 DreamerSteamer

DreamerSteamer

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

Thanks ^^

The curse of being a MO user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users