2 replies to this topic

#1 godescalcus

godescalcus

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

The mod provides a DynDOLOD folder in the installation. As I'm using Wrye Bash and the folder is not recognized and installed, I don't know what to do with it. Apparently, it addresses an error that has been reported earler, but the description on nexus doesn't provide detailed instructions as to what to do. Should I manually copy the folder into the Data folder? The folder's contents are two files:

DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_spiceoflifefortsesp.txt (contents below)

and

DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_spiceoflifefortsesp.txt (contents below)

Thanks for any help!

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

The 2 files are needed by TexGen to create LOD textures for the mod as is intended by mod creator. Failure to install the mod according to its instructions would result in missing LOD textures.

The files either need to be in the  ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder or you can copy them to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\ folder

If they exist in both the ones in ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ are used.

Edited by sheson, 27 September 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#3 godescalcus

godescalcus

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Thanks, Sheson. I'll do the same procedure for any mod that comes with the DynDOLOD folder (manually copy it to Data). And I'll mention to the Wrye Bash team (Utumno branch that I'm using) that automatic installation of the folder could be implemented.

Actually, I figured that on the Wrye Bash build that I'm using (latest or one of the latest from Utumno's branch) there's an option to tell the mod manager that the installer has "extra directories". If you do this BEFORE installing the mod, Wrye Bash will then install the extra directories. Didn't test this thoroughly but I think it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users