Spice of Life Forts

godescalcus

Question

The mod provides a DynDOLOD folder in the installation. As I'm using Wrye Bash and the folder is not recognized and installed, I don't know what to do with it. Apparently, it addresses an error that has been reported earler, but the description on nexus doesn't provide detailed instructions as to what to do. Should I manually copy the folder into the Data folder? The folder's contents are two files:

DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_spiceoflifefortsesp.txt (contents below)

// wbBuildAtlasFromAtlasMap expects _n.dds with same filename as dds, create the missig ones

// Thanks sheson :)
textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextfloor01_n.dds,textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impextfloor01cice_n.dds
textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextrubble01_n.dds,textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextrubble01ice_n.dds
textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextrubble01_n.dds,textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impextrubble01ice_n.dds
textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\NobleSkyrimForts\Imperial\impextfloor01_n.dds,textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impextfloor01bice_n.dds
textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\AmbFortsVanillaStyle\Imperial\impextwall01_n.dds,textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\AmbFortsVanillaStyle\Imperial\impextwall01ice_n.dds

and

DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_spiceoflifefortsesp.txt (contents below)

// These do not need to keep alpha, LOD alpha is on/off only

// See 'data file format' in DynDOLOD TexGen.pas
//Thanks sheson :)

//SetB
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impextrubble01.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setb\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impextfloor01.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setb\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setb\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\AmbFortsVanillaStyle\Imperial\impextwall01.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setb\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1

//SetIceB
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impextrubble01ice.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\seticeb\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\spiceoflife\forts\steveowashere\ice\impextfloor01bice.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\seticeb\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\seticeb\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\spiceoflife\forts\AmbFortsVanillaStyle\imperial\impextwall01ice.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\seticeb\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1

//SetK
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Langeys\imperial\impextrubble01.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setk\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextfloor01.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setk\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setk\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Langeys\riften\ratwaybwall03.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setk\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1

//SetJ
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\NobleSkyrimForts\Imperial\impdirt01.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setj\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\impextfloor01c.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setj\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\NobleSkyrimForts\Imperial\impwall05.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setj\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall01.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\setj\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1

//SetIce
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\VividForts\imperial\impextrubble01ice.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\SetIce\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impextfloor01cice.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\SetIce\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05ice.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\SetIce\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\Ice\impwall03.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\ice\SetIce\imperialforticelod.dds 1 1

//SetH
0 1 1 1 textures\dungeons\imperial\impextrubble01.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\seth\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Langeys\imperial\impfloorstone01.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\seth\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\NobleSkyrimForts\Imperial\impwall05.dds 0.5 0.5 0 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\seth\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1
0 1 1 1 textures\SpiceofLife\Forts\Steveowashere\impextwall01c.dds 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 textures\lod\spiceoflife\forts\seth\imperialfortlod.dds 1 1

Thanks for any help!

4 answers to this question

The 2 files are needed by TexGen to create LOD textures for the mod as is intended by mod creator. Failure to install the mod according to its instructions would result in missing LOD textures.

The files either need to be in the  ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder or you can copy them to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\ folder

If they exist in both the ones in ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ are used.

Edited by sheson

Thanks, Sheson. I'll do the same procedure for any mod that comes with the DynDOLOD folder (manually copy it to Data). And I'll mention to the Wrye Bash team (Utumno branch that I'm using) that automatic installation of the folder could be implemented.

Actually, I figured that on the Wrye Bash build that I'm using (latest or one of the latest from Utumno's branch) there's an option to tell the mod manager that the installer has "extra directories". If you do this BEFORE installing the mod, Wrye Bash will then install the extra directories. Didn't test this thoroughly but I think it works.

On 9/28/2017 at 12:08 AM, sheson said:

The 2 files are needed by TexGen to create LOD textures for the mod as is intended by mod creator. Failure to install the mod according to its instructions would result in missing LOD textures.

The files either need to be in the  ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ folder or you can copy them to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\ folder

If they exist in both the ones in ..\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD\ are used.

Sheson, sorry to res this old thread but I have the same problem now with DynDOLOD 3.0 - Spice of Life Forts was installed and ran correctly with DynDolod 2.9x but now with 3.0 it's purple textures again. I guess that would mean those two config files no longer work? How could I fix them to work with 3.0 and tell TexGen to generate the necessary textures?