STEP 2.10.0

hamsteronspeed

Hi everybody!

I got a question on part "2.D Fixes" the 7th download "STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures" . The directions for this download says "Simply download and install one of the Optional Files and then check the archive in the Archives tab." So I downloaded one of the optional files, "STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard Version 1.2" from nexusmods and installed it using MO, but when I check the Archives tab in MO I don't see this listed. The only things that are listed under Archives are:

data

Unmanaged: Dawnguard

Unmanaged: Hearthfires

Unmanaged: Dragonborn

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02

Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

Does STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures I downloaded need to be listed in the Archives section or am I OK to continue downloading/installing the rest of the mods? The next one I need to download is "Appropriately Attired Jarls"

Thanks for your help!

Edited by hamsteronspeed

Ohhh...no. I hadn't activated anything actually. Does this mean, I should activate everything now or just this one file? I must have missed the instructions to activate them somewhere.

Yes, you should be activating every mod after you install it. It will be the only way any plugins or any bsa's show up in their respective tabs on the right-hand pane of MO.

• 6 months later...

Hey, i am trying to install STEP:Core and i encountered some problems along the way, which block me when i try to generate DynDOLOD.

First, Lepidoptera Of Skyrim was hidden by its creator and is inaccessible.

Second, when i installed the STEP compilation patch, the installer told me that i was ineligible for the Core patch. I unchecked and asked to install the Core Patch, as i thought it was because of Lepidoptera Of Skyrim.

I generated LOD Textures fine, but now i encounter this problem:

'Duplicate Form ID [number] in file [44] DynDOLOD.esp'

qggkf7Q.jpg

Any idea on how to proceed ?

You can safely skip Lepidoptera of Skyrim.

The mods required for the STEP Core or STEP Extended patch can be found in the STEP Compilation topic. You should also go back through to the guide to ensure you have installed everything required for the patches.

You shouldn't generate the bashed patch or run DynDOLOD until you get the issue with the patches sorted out.