5 replies to this topic

#1 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

I am working on putting together my guide again and am looking for some help. It is basically Tech's SSE Guide with Dreads packs and a few other mods (LOTD, Followers, Quests, ect). When I run LOOT should it load Lanterns of Skyrim before The Unofficial SSE Patch. I always thought that USLEEP would come directly after Dragonborn.ESM

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

I don't think there are any conflicting records that it would need to be USSEP before LoS.

#3 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

When I filter for conflicts should I Choose "Check for Errors" in the left pane of SSEEdit, Follow the video in Neo's guide or follow the FO3Edit Training Manual - PDF Version-8629 https://www.nexusmod...ut3/mods/8629/?. All 3 are slightly different from each other

#4 Razorsedge877

Razorsedge877

Jarl

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Lets say you run SSEedit, Run the show conflict losers filter and decide to start with the USSEP conflicts. the three mods I al looking at are Skyrim.esm, USSEP.esp and  imp_helm_legend.esp. for DESC - Description the improved helmets matches Skyrim.esm entry. Should I choose the USSEP entry in my CR Patch or stay with Immersive helmets entry? I really hope this makes sense. From the few things I have read it seem like learning how to forward USSEP entries should be my first step.

#5 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

When you say 'run the show conflict losers filter' do you mean right clicking on the right pane in xEdit and selecting 'hide no conflict rows'? or are you using an actual filter?  Which specific records are you looking at?  I'm far from an expert, but I would imagine you want to copy the record from USSEP into your CR patch, then carry forward / merge changes to BODT - Body Template, any KWDA - Keywords added, and the Armature fields.

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,104 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Lets say you run SSEedit, Run the show conflict losers filter and decide to start with the USSEP conflicts. the three mods I al looking at are Skyrim.esm, USSEP.esp and  imp_helm_legend.esp. for DESC - Description the improved helmets matches Skyrim.esm entry. Should I choose the USSEP entry in my CR Patch or stay with Immersive helmets entry? I really hope this makes sense. From the few things I have read it seem like learning how to forward USSEP entries should be my first step.

When it comes to resolving conflicts in xEdit...

1. If it's something what will break the game or mod, then you typically forward it.
  2. If it's a fix from USSEP (which most are), you'll typically forward it. The UPs should always be used when making mods and patches. It's something a lot of mod authors forget to do.
  3. If it's neither of the above, then it's really all about what you want the results to be.

That's really all there is to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users