Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

• 2 months later...

I updated to Windows 10 Fall Creator's build, but I Windows keeps saying my GPU is not the NVIDIA but the Intel Etcha-sketch default. Theoretically, I can now use more than the 4MB of VRAM for running mods and such. However, when I run the VRAM Test, it still shows only 4MB. How do I tell the laptop to default use the NVIDIA GPU and not the Intel craptastic one? I don't want to tell Windows to shut off the Intel processor and then the computer melts into a paperweight (10 bonus points if anyone knows what a paperweight is).

Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.63GHZ

8MB RAM

64-bit Windows 10 version 1709, build 16299.192

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Intel HD530

I updated to Windows 10 Fall Creator's build, but I Windows keeps saying my GPU is not the NVIDIA but the Intel Etcha-sketch default. Theoretically, I can now use more than the 4MB of VRAM for running mods and such. However, when I run the VRAM Test, it still shows only 4MB. How do I tell the laptop to default use the NVIDIA GPU and not the Intel craptastic one? I don't want to tell Windows to shut off the Intel processor and then the computer melts into a paperweight (10 bonus points if anyone knows what a paperweight is).

Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.63GHZ

8MB RAM

64-bit Windows 10 version 1709, build 16299.192

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Intel HD530

>960m

It's not actual a full 960 but since you asked, there should be an option in Nvidia Control Panel or in your Power Settings to set your GPU as the main one on your computer. Also set your settings for visual display to single display performance if you haven't already. If you're going to try to use enb, I don't know if its still a thing, but don't use the wrapper version.

Cheers.

Edited by ZidanReign