Realistic Wolf Howls (by Korvik)

rootsrat

Discussion thread:

Realistic Wolf Howls by Korvik

Wiki Link

This has just been uploaded to Nexus. Simple - it replaces vanilla wolf howl with more realistic one. Just watch the video. It sounds absolutely awesome to me! More than one type of howl too. It's really scary, you can actually hear it's friggin' WOLVES, not some cute puppies :)

Accepted for v2.2.5

--Thanks to Wormheart for creating the mod page

Vanilla wolves sound like they're already dying before you see them.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more...

I can't wait to finish my current playthrough (main quest, finally!) and start anew to test all the cool mods that are on my "to check it out" list :cool:

• 2 months later...
As soon as I get some time' date=' I'll get to it. Never done it before, so expect some exploratory creationism ;)[/quote']

Nooo problem. I think I'll create a help thread for creating wiki mod pages and other workflow tasks. The only way to get the community up and running on this stuff is to train a few, who can then train others.

It is really pretty basic, and it is an exercise that really teaches users about a particular mod and other important factors to be cognizant of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This overwrites AOS, but I am not sure that it is better ....

You can just open the samples with a program capable of playing waw files. Personally I like AOS better (see a pattern over my sound related posts? :^_^:), but EssArrBee might be the better judge as he has more nature experience then I do. The samples in the far files of Realistic Wolf Howls sound more like a little dog tbh...

The medium distance howls of AOS are vanilla, maybe Realistic Wolf Howls is prefered here. The medium samples of Realistic Wolf Howls sound much better then the distant ones imho. AOS changes the howl behavior though so we would need to see if there are oddities (info from LoRdKoRn). Otherwise STEP could just install Realistic Wolf Howls first and let AOS overwrite. That's what I have done with my install for now.

Some videos of howling wolves.

Edited by Spock