Having issues with DynDOLOD And Legacy of the Dragonborn

Shadow3122

Question

my problem is simple; when I have DynDOLOD installed and LoDB I get whole buildings missing from the Hot Springs area. Without the amazing mod installed the building are there and the behave as normal. I'll post my log and some Screenshots so I can illustrate my problem and hopefully find a fix for me.

With DynDOLOD active:

post-11970-0-50587400-1508734408_thumb.jpg

Without:

post-11970-0-24368900-1508734615_thumb.jpg

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This was an existing save where the explorer guild house was already build?

Did you update an existing DynDOLOD and followed the clean save routine or is this the first time DynDOLOD was introduced to the save?

Where you in an interior when updating / introducing DynDOLOD?

I tried to replicate the different scenarios and could not, once the everything is build it is there across saves etc. I will try to test some more. DynDOLOD should not interfere with the enable states of the full models in the cell.

You should be able to fix by enabling these form ids (xx is the hex load order of Legacy of the Dragonborn, 13 based on the log) in console:

prid xx3431b7

enable

prid xx34311d

enable

prid xx34311e

enable

prid xx34311f

enable

Yes, the guild house was built before I installed DynDOLOD, maybe I shouldn't have but I only found out about it afterwards. I did get to an interior cell before going through with the install and everything. I'll try the console commands and report back. Thanks for responding so quick!

Well, the console commands gave me back like 65% of the guildhouse. I dunno if it's something DnyDOLOD is overwriting that's causing the issue or what my brother has the same mods installed and apparently he has no problems so I dunno I'm at a loss.

That is just the thing, DynDOLOD is not overwriting or changing the "markers" to enable the 4 guild house stages that can be build.

Verify you entered all 4 form ids correctly, you can just repeat the prid and enable. You might want to disable first and then enable again, to see which parts belong to which "marker"

If you still have stuff missing, load the game where it shows, click on one of those objects that show now and note its form id.

Look up that form id in xEdit "FormID" top left and press enter. In the right window find the row XESP - Enable Parent / Reference and use that form id to do the same prid xxxxxxxx / enable in console.

If there is no XESP - Enable Parent, enable the reference form id you found via console.

I'll share with my experience too because I've been messing around with DynDOLOD/Legacy of the Dragonborn as well here lately. The LOD works out pretty good for me really. All but for the large pillar of stone under the archway, beneath the Dragonborn Museum. That, and the world map is missing most if not all of the Dragonborn Museum and the Solitude windmill is missing its windmill. I might be mistaken on the red windmill being on the world map after running DynDOLOD, so don't hold me to that.

I'm new to this site even thought I've been modding around for a while now. It's almost shameful that I haven't already signed up here.. 

Anyways. I whipped up a couple of albums on flickr and I'm going to try my hand at sharing them here so you can see what I've come up with using DynDOLOD as it pertains to LotD. I named the albums DynDOLOD pics-LOD and DyndDOLOD-NO LOD. The LOD album is with LOD loaded and I tfc 1'd at Katla's Farm and flew over from there to snag the pics. The NO LOD album is me standing right underneath the archway and tfc 1'ing up from there. I tried pasting my log to pastebin but it told me the file was too large.. My load order is a beast.. I can put the log up on google drive or somewhere here ina few if you want to check it out Sheson. Like I said, I'm new here so bear with me. :) 

LOD - https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6iHvs4

NO LOD - https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6iJkC2

I guess to wrap up this ramble I'll say that the only real issues I'm having here is the abrupt transition of that pillar, and Solitude is a little jacked up on the world map. Other than that, I'd say DynDOLOD does a pretty good job for me on SSE. I also just created an album called Skyrim SE Map Pics on flickr. All of those pics were created by DynDOLOD. I'll link it as well. Hope some of this ramble is useful Sheson. 

Skyrim SE Map Pics - https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6uYrUW

EDIT - This is all after running DynDOLOD and starting a new game with LotD installed from the start.

Edited by fattyzhouse

The dragon born museum not showing on the worldmap is by design, since it is a rather large nif it is not assigned to LOD16. You could either add rules for it or change the filenames of the LOD models from _1 to _2 if you really want to.

Windmills not showing on the worldmap should be normal, not even sure if that is even possible, I never looked into it.

What is wrong with the pillar? Does it not have the same texture between LOD and full model or is it just that transistion from LOD not having shadows while the full model has?

Edited by sheson

No sir, I'm used to the weird shadows there. My issue there is the LOD for that pillar is way different than what you see after the transition from LOD. Here's an easily accessible before and after so you don't have to dig back through my flickr madness to see what I mean. 

LOD - https://imgur.com/a/k3tSO

Close - https://imgur.com/a/gMx9i

It's never done this before. I've been using DynDOLOD for quite a while now and I've never noticed it being this way. It seems like it started acting up right around the time I installed LotD and re-ran DynDOLOD. That's when I headed out towards Solitude and noticed the oddity. I'm not really in playthrough mode so when I install new mods, I re-patch, re-DynDOLOD, and start a new game. I've been doing that for a couple of years now, actually.. But recently I've tried reinstalling Noble Skyrim and it's appropriate HD LOD textures and re-running DynDOLOD but it keeps on giving me the same weird LOD texture. I've tried re-installing quite a few mods to try and remedy this, actually. Same weird LOD every time. I haven't tried to re-run DynDOLOD without LotD since I installed it, but I'm thinking about trying without it again just to see if it has anything to do with that mod. 

Thanks for the suggestion about the Museum. I like the idea of changing the nif file from a _1 to a _2. I'm not at all familiar with changing the rules for running Dyn, but I'm positive I can change the filenames without any trouble.  The map thing almost bothers me more than the pillar. LoL

That texture change is not correct. That "cave rock" texture is the default texture from the full model. When LOD is generated it is replaced by the textures from the mountainslab texture sets defined on the base record xx1665e5 that you can see on the lower part.

It is fine for me with DynDOLOD 3.25. Make sure there are no old versions of any of the files in the standalone installation.

Maybe try removing all files ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\ before the next generation.

After generation check that ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_alt_textures_tamriel.txt contains a line for the reference xx43DE96 that places the pillar into Tamriel.

xx43DE96	2=CaveGEPillar01:11=textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds,textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds,,,,,,	0=CaveGEPillar01:3=textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds,textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds,,,,,,	1=CaveGEPillar01:9=textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds,textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds,,,,,,
To make the museum appear on the map, these are the LOD meshes shipping with the mod

..meshes\lod\dbm\museum_lod_1.nif

..meshes\lod\dbm\slgcdome01ext_lod_1.nif

You need to extract them from the BSA, then rename _1 to _2 and just leave them as loose files.

Edited by sheson

Yessir. Line xx43de96 is identical to that. Letter for letter. Also, I ALWAYS delete the cache folder. Been doing that ever since Michael of GP mentioned it in the very first DynDOLOD tutorial. So that shouldn't be it. Man, those were some good modding times back then. The learning curve was heavy for me in those days. I guess I make it sound like it was forever ago..

I figured out the correct files to change from a_1 to a _2 last night after I re-ran Dyn and found that only the dome had appeared on the map.. My DA had went and renamed the files in meshes/DynDOLOD/lod/dbm instead. LoL ! I went ahead and dug the correct files out of the Legacy bsa so I'm sure I'll have it on the map after this next round of Dyn. It's weird how that bothers me more than the pillar. 

You really don't have to spend any more time on what I have going on. I just noticed the title to this thread and figured I'd throw my experience out here just in case mine and Shadow3122's issues were related somehow. 

I'm sure I'll end up figuring out the pillar and when I do I'll come back and drop another line.

Speaking of lines, while I have you on one, I guess I would like to ask one more quick question. There are actually four files in meshes/lod/dbm. The other two files are slgcdome01ext_lod_1 and slgcdome01extglow_lod_1. Shouldn't I throw a _2 on the end of those as well ? Or just leave those two tucked away in the bsa ?

Thanks for your time, Sheson. You walk amongst mere mortals. :)

Well, I took some time and tinkered with it as best I could and I don't know what's wrong with my install. I tried what Sheson recommended and that didn't work so I started over from square one uninstalled DynDOLOD, regenerated and reinstalled and to my joy it seemed to work... for a bit. Now, what I get treated to is the guildhouse appearing, going into low polycount version then eventually disappearing along with the walkway and fence. So I'm out of ideas and honestly I'm starting to weigh whether or not it's worth spending these last few days trying to fix it that could be spent playing the game. :unsure:

There is really no reason those markers being disabled by anything once they are enabled. There is probably something else at play. Maybe a patch or other mod.

Maybe you can compare difference to your brothers setup. It could be just different order of plugins.

If you find the time, do a test with a new game.

Edited by sheson

So! some results in the positive! I gave regenerating one last try just using the high preset without trying to use any of the  advanced options and it looks like it's finally working. Time will tell if the fix holds but for now it looks like it's mostly solved in that the guildhouse is there and exists in the virtual physical world. Thanks for the help Sheson, it's rare that a mod developer takes the time to help fix a problem one guy is having (at least in my experience).

Just a quick follow up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling pretty much everything I had going on to see about fixing that pillar. (I mean, everything that I thought might be causing the problem.) The only solution I could find is to extract the pillar itself from the LotD bsa (meshes/dbm resources/landscape/slabpillar01.nif) and use nifskope to change the two texture paths from (textures\dungeons\caves\CaveBaseWall05.dds and textures\dungeons\caves\CaveBaseWall05_n.dds) to (textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds and textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds.) Doing that fixed the LOD issue with the pillar perfectly. 

With LOD loaded- https://imgur.com/a/2sj7T

NO LOD Loaded- https://imgur.com/a/JNNu1

I figured I should come back with a follow up and share that pillar fix just in case someone else comes by here with the same issue. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, man. I'll reinstall the holycow.esp soon and go sacrifice some kids in front of it for you. Lol