Having issues with DynDOLOD And Legacy of the Dragonborn

Shadow3122

Question

my problem is simple; when I have DynDOLOD installed and LoDB I get whole buildings missing from the Hot Springs area. Without the amazing mod installed the building are there and the behave as normal. I'll post my log and some Screenshots so I can illustrate my problem and hopefully find a fix for me.

With DynDOLOD active:

post-11970-0-50587400-1508734408_thumb.jpg

Without:

post-11970-0-24368900-1508734615_thumb.jpg

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hmm, I thought that was what I did when I went to line xx43de96 and it matched what you had shown exactly. I still have the log from the other day as well as the newest one. I'll give them both a better look at some point to see what I'm missing. Thanks again man. 

If the line is the alt texture file, then the next thing to check is the logfile from LODGen ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel_log.txt

Make sure LODGen is a new version so the log should say

Skyrim Object LOD Generator 1.8.5.0

on top and then also has a line that references the alt texture file

Using Alt Textures: ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_alt_textures_tamriel.txt

This was an existing save where the explorer guild house was already build?

Did you update an existing DynDOLOD and followed the clean save routine or is this the first time DynDOLOD was introduced to the save?

Where you in an interior when updating / introducing DynDOLOD?

I tried to replicate the different scenarios and could not, once the everything is build it is there across saves etc. I will try to test some more. DynDOLOD should not interfere with the enable states of the full models in the cell.

You should be able to fix by enabling these form ids (xx is the hex load order of Legacy of the Dragonborn, 13 based on the log) in console:

prid xx3431b7

enable

prid xx34311d

enable

prid xx34311e

enable

prid xx34311f

enable

hey Sheson I tried this fix and i doesn't seem to work for me i keep getting Complied script not saved expected end of line message. any suggestion would be helpful.

Having two small issues myself.  They're not game breaking or anything, but more a minor annoyance.  First is, I've done the thing about extracting and changing the names for the Dragonborn Gallery LOD meshes and changing the _1 to _2, but still doesn't show on my world map.  I don't know exactly how to set a rule for that.  Not that big of a deal, but the LOD generator does the added piece of the arch, and it has this big gaping hole in it as a result.

Second, from inside many city walls there is no LOD for objects outside the walls.  Example, I can't see my Explorers Society guildhouse or any of the other structures other than the airship from inside the Solitude walls.  They're all there and fine when I'm outside on the arch, and have full LOD from the docks and such, but inside the walls, nothing.  Same with the city battlements, such as outside Whiterun.  They're there outside, even show on the world map, but inside nothing.

I can get screenshots if you need to show you.  Hoping you can show me how to set rules to fix this if need be.  This is a wonderful mod, and helps so much with the visual representation of Skyrim, and these small issues aren't enough to warrant an uninstall, but I'd love it if there's a fix.

P.S.  For my Whiterun battlements and other cities, I'm running a merged .esp of the "Better City Entrances" but without Windhelm, as I use the Windhelm Bridge and Windhelm Exterior mods for it to expand on the bridge and docks.  The city battlements and the DBM guildhouse used to show up outside the city before DynDOLOD, so not sure why they don't now.

Thank you for your time, and for this wonderful tool.

First is, I've done the thing about extracting and changing the names for the Dragonborn Gallery LOD meshes and changing the _1 to _2, but still doesn't show on my world map.  I don't know exactly how to set a rule for that.  Not that big of a deal, but the LOD generator does the added piece of the arch, and it has this big gaping hole in it as a result.

If you rename a mesh file from _lod_1.nif to _lod_2.nif in the name, nothing else needs to be done. Next time LOD is generated that model will also be used for LOD level 16 and show up on the map. No additional rules required.

Second, from inside many city walls there is no LOD for objects outside the walls.  Example, I can't see my Explorers Society guildhouse or any of the other structures other than the airship from inside the Solitude walls.  They're all there and fine when I'm outside on the arch, and have full LOD from the docks and such, but inside the walls, nothing.  Same with the city battlements, such as outside Whiterun.  They're there outside, even show on the world map, but inside nothing.

You are confusing the loaded cells with the LOD area past the loaded cells. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off/on. What remains are the loaded cells.

The child worlds / walled cities cells are planted over the parent world cities. Mods that edit the immediate parent world cells right outside the walls also need to add the same objects to the child world cells in order for the object to show - unless the object has the Full LOD (neverfade) checked and the child world has the Use SkyCell flag checked (which is the case for all walled cities).

For some obvious vanilla objects around Whiterun / Solitude the DynDOLOD Resources has the Exterior plugins/patch files, but nothing for other mods. There is no function in DynDOLOD to automatically patch such object from parent to child world.

If you rename a mesh file from _lod_1.nif to _lod_2.nif in the name, nothing else needs to be done. Next time LOD is generated that model will also be used for LOD level 16 and show up on the map. No additional rules required.

I did this exactly before generating the LOD, but nothing.  Just a gaping hole in my arch.  The exact files you pointed out to the other user, and the current files are named museum_lod_2.nif and slgcdome01ext_lod_2.nif respectively.

You are confusing the loaded cells with the LOD area past the loaded cells. Type tll in console to toggle LOD off/on. What remains are the loaded cells.

The child worlds / walled cities cells are planted over the parent world cities. Mods that edit the immediate parent world cells right outside the walls also need to add the same objects to the child world cells in order for the object to show - unless the object has the Full LOD (neverfade) checked and the child world has the Use SkyCell flag checked (which is the case for all walled cities).

For some obvious vanilla objects around Whiterun / Solitude the DynDOLOD Resources has the Exterior plugins/patch files, but nothing for other mods. There is no function in DynDOLOD to automatically patch such object from parent to child world.

I appreciate the explanation on this.  Like I said, neither of these small issues are game breaking for me, but simple minor annoyances.  If I have to, I'll try toying with some mods in the CK to tweak LOD settings for them.  I thank you for the timely reply and the advice.  Oh, also, I'm on SSE, so that may be part of my issue, as I know it's still sort of in a developmental phase and a lot of things about SSE are a bit more temperamental.  Anyway, thank you again for your timely reply and advice.

I did this exactly before generating the LOD, but nothing.  Just a gaping hole in my arch.  The exact files you pointed out to the other user, and the current files are named museum_lod_2.nif and slgcdome01ext_lod_2.nif respectively.

Maybe another model needs _2 as well to fill all holes? I might have a look some time myself and make adjustment for things to show properly on the map as well.

If I have to, I'll try toying with some mods in the CK to tweak LOD settings for them.

That is the thing, it is not LOD you need to adjust, just add references for the full models to the child world.

Maybe another model needs _2 as well to fill all holes? I might have a look some time myself and make adjustment for things to show properly on the map as well.

It could be.  I noticed when I cracked open LotD in the CK just to have a look, the museum was invisible there too due to it not being able to read from the BSA, so I extracted the meshes for the museum and dome from the meshes/dbm resources/architecture folder in the BSA.  Maybe that will help.  I'll see next time I run DynDOLOD, which will probably be when I go to bed tonight.  It takes so long I figure it's just best to set it, let it run, sleep, and finish out when I wake up.  lol

That is the thing, it is not LOD you need to adjust, just add references for the full models to the child world.

Okay, I get what you're saying here, but those refs should already exist.  In LotD before running DynDOLOD I could see the guildhouse outside the walls from the porch of my safehouse.

While I'm at it, one more question to be sure I'm doing all this right before I run it again tonight.  In my DynDOLOD > Docs folder, there is a folder called SkyrimSELargeRefGrid which contains a bunch of .esm, .esp, and .esl files titled Overwrite and OverwriteRNAM.  I know what they're for, but how do I use them?  Do I have what I want enabled when I run DynDOLOD or do I add them and enable them after?  Also, do I use either Overwrite or OverwriteRNAM or do I use both?  Finally, do I use the .esm/.esp or .esl/.esp combo like with DynDOLOD or do I just use one or the other?  Sorry for so many questions, but the documentation on that doesn't really explain how to use it, just what it does, so I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks again for being so on top of things and the timely replies, as well as your willingness to walk me through this.  It's my first time using DynDOLOD so it's a learning process.

Okay, I get what you're saying here, but those refs should already exist.  In LotD before running DynDOLOD I could see the guildhouse outside the walls from the porch of my safehouse.

The refs do not exist in the child worldspace Solitude. They only exist in the Tamriel parent world. Before dynamic LOD is generated, they are flagged Is Full LOD which means they are always visible in all connected worldspace regardless of distance. They get updated for dynamic LOD, which means that flag gets unset which the consequence that they can not be seen from the child world anymore.

What I wondering is from where behind the wall you are high enough to be able to see the building(s)?

In my DynDOLOD > Docs folder, there is a folder called SkyrimSELargeRefGrid which contains a bunch of .esm, .esp, and .esl files titled Overwrite and OverwriteRNAM.

They are examples to document and test the large reference engine bugs. They have no use for game play.

Edited by sheson

What I wondering is from where behind the wall you are high enough to be able to see the building(s)?

The porch of the DBM Safehouse.  It's high enough you can see right over the wall out onto the hot springs on the arch, and normally can see the guildhouse out there.  So, I need to go into the .esp and flag these things as full LOD again?  Oddly, I no longer see them even without the DynDOLOD .esm and .esp active, having loaded the clean save I had to check it out, so not sure exactly what would cause it to do that when it was just fine there before.

The porch of the DBM Safehouse.  It's high enough you can see right over the wall out onto the hot springs on the arch, and normally can see the guildhouse out there.  So, I need to go into the .esp and flag these things as full LOD again?  Oddly, I no longer see them even without the DynDOLOD .esm and .esp active, having loaded the clean save I had to check it out, so not sure exactly what would cause it to do that when it was just fine there before.

Remind me, access to that only happens after advancing some quest right?

For a quick "fix" you can just remove the overwrite from the DynDOLOD plugin that unsets the flags.

If this also happens with a save that never saw a DynDOLOD plugin, then something else is happening.

Remind me, access to that only happens after advancing some quest right?

That is correct.  You get the key to it a few quests in, but can still walk up on the porch at any time to check out the view.

For a quick "fix" you can just remove the overwrite from the DynDOLOD plugin that unsets the flags.

If this also happens with a save that never saw a DynDOLOD plugin, then something else is happening.

Nah, I'd had DynDOLOD installed before, followed the procedures, did an uninstall, cleaned the save, etc.  So, to remove the overwrites, is that something I can do in xEdit?  Because it gets far too complicated in the CK since I'd have to ESMify a dozen mods so it doesn't erase them as Masters.

So, to remove the overwrites, is that something I can do in xEdit?  Because it gets far too complicated in the CK since I'd have to ESMify a dozen mods so it doesn't erase them as Masters.

That is very easy to do in xEdit:

Get the form id from console in game. Enter form id in xEdit top left FormID field, hit enter.

In the right window find the row FormID, then the column in the DynDOLOD plugin, CTRL + left click that entry, it will underline.

Now the left tree view highlights the overwrite in the DynDOLOD plugin, right click it, select remove.