Photo

Help, if you please. Some things I need to be clarified.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

Greetings.

First time I'm using DynDOLOD & TexGen, I used to using SSELODGen...

So, I did the following guide (which I published to my SSE Guide in Nexus):

Now... I installed the HD LODs Textures SE and I want to install too the Imperial City LOD fix for custom lods (Beyond skyrim Bruma).

So, even if I made my LODs... now after install these two, I need to re-run the TexGen & DynDOLOD again? And, what do I need to tick to have BUILDINGS/OBJECTS LODs too (except the trees)???

And if I finish that too ...and then, after a while, I'll install something else... do I ALWAYS NEED to re-run the TexGen & DynDOLOD for the ENTIRE things I have, all over again? And of course DELETING the existing TexGen/DynDOLOD Outputs and DynDOLOD.esp ???

...Finally, another small thing. Even if I chose -2 for the LODs' brightness, my snowy trees looks quite bright (SFO snowy trees). Is it safe to place -4/-5 to the amount or the LODs will be VERY dark (which I don't mind for regular stuff but for snowy it will be silly to be very dark)?

#2 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

I suggest to read D:\DynDOLOD_Manual.html section "How LOD works in Skyrim", "Generating" and "Updating". Also read  DynDOLOD_TexGen.html "Update Texture Atlas". This has been as asked a few times already.

The default LOD in Skyrim is static. This means it is precompiled and can not change based on events in the game

Precompiled means that changes need to be generated if they should show up in the game.

Tip: If the load order changes often, consider generating LOD only for the base install of Skyrim Legendary and only the mods which are considered essential. There is no technical requirement to update LOD just because a mod was added. The worst that can happen is that LOD is missing for new objects. This will make it easier to remove non essential mods from the load order without having to generate LOD from scratch.

There is no need to generate LOD just because a new mod was added. New objects may be missing LOD, but that is only a visual problem.

Technically it is safe to set any number to the tree LOD brightness setting. They will either be darker or brighter but nothing else will happen. If the weather and ENB combination messes badly with individual billboards, I suggest to edit or create better matching source billboards.

#3 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Yes, I've read a lot tutorials, I have a wide picture clarified but I need few stuff to be more clear...

I already making my own billboards, since I'm the author of FORESTS OF DIBELLA and I'm editing them via Photoshop.

So... just to be sure... if I want flora LODs but ALSO building (like from HD LODs Textures mod), I can do them together via DynDOLOD, right? At the same time...

Also... does anything (negative, positive) if I have enabled all the cities expansions, flora changes, etc... or I need to disable these?

#4 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

DynDOLOD generates tree, static object and a new optional dynamic LOD. Buildings are static objects. Flora can be billboard tree LOD or static object LOD depending on the source assets and settings. DynDOLOD can generate all these supported LOD types in one session with the currently installed LOD meshes and textures in the load order.

Not sure what mods you are referring to with "all the cities expansions, flora changes". Check the "Compatibility" section of the manual and maybe search this subforum for a mods name.

When generating LOD the load order should typically contain all mods that affect LOD, like plugins adding objects like landscape features, buildings and trees and their LOD meshes and textures.

#5 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Prisoner

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Cities expansions, man - like JK Whiterun, Another Riften, JK Riverwood, stuff like these.

#6 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:01 AM

Read the "Compatibility" section in the DynDOLOD manual to check for mods that have been specifically tested already, but note the limited support for Skyrim SE and also this post and this one maybe.

When generating LOD, the load order should typically contain all mods that affect LOD, like plugins adding objects like landscape features, buildings and trees and their LOD meshes and textures. If LOD for a plugin is not desired, disable that plugin. If a mod in the load order causes problems with LOD make a post about it so it can be solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users