Some questions about the Step guide for Morrowind

hejohoo

I am interested in trying out the STEP guide for Morrowind but I have a few questions. (I am following this: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Morrowind )

1 - Is there some more info to be found on some of the steps on exactly how to install things? For example in 3.D Shader Library section the links that I am supposed to follow and install just directs me to some place with text? What should I do there? For example this: https://pastebin.com/kPCpcsHe

2 - One of the first steps is to Install MGE XE. It also states that: "After install, adjust the resolution to what the system is using(for example 1920 x 1080)"

Is it necessary to play in the resolution of my system? I often actually prefer to play Morrowind in a lower resolution because I think it looks less sharp and more smooth and organic in some way.

3 - I see that the STEP page seems to be modified quite frequently. It was actaually modified yesterday as of latest "This page was last modified on October 25, 2017, at 12:41."

Does this mean that things are added or removed etc and improved over time? And if so, is there some easy way to check what has changed or improved so I can update my Step installation with time if superior things are added or removed?

4 - Say that I have gone through the whole STEP guide and created my fully modded Morrowind. Is there a way to backup everything so I can restore things in case I buy a new computer or reinstall it etc without having to redo everything from scratch?

There is not. The only official guide from STEP is the Skyrim guide. Though many of the user guides are of very good quality.

Oh I did not know that. From searching around the internet many seem to point to this Morrowind STEP guide as the best one. Do you know any good STEP guide for Oblivion?