Familiar with this FO3 Mods?

GamerPoets

Question

I'm spending the next couple of days checking out these listed mods to see if I can find any issues with them, if they do what they say they do, compatibility and what not... Obviously it would take more than a day or two for me to completely test them out so I was curious if anyone has any direct experience with them. I didn't want to clutter up Kelmych's forum with this question. The Jefferson Crash Fix is a God send for me as i lost an entire RP series back when due to the issue it fixes. 

Jefferson - Rivet City Crash Fix

Point Lookout - Double Barrelled Shotgun fix

Radio Ownership Fix

Council Seat Fix

Fixes Wasteland Scout Hat

6 answers to this question

I previously looked at several of them but I wasn't sure they were useful and hadn't had time to test them. There wasn't enough detail in the comment posts to be sure they were. They all look like good candidates for the guide and I don't think they are in the Unofficial Fallout 3 patch.

Good to see you  = )

The Double Barrel "fix" works just fine. Checked it out in xEdit as well and what it changes seems to make sense to me. I read the comments on it and people complain that it's not a fix but unless you have a gun with double triggers (and the option to shoot one barrel at a time) I've never heard of (or could even find on google) a double barrel shotgun that has to shoot two shots at once. I'll be using this one. I like not going through 2 shells at once... need to check the others = )

Edit: Of all the "fixes" on nexus these were the only ones that didn't seem to be a part of anything else. I had a list from Yuk and other mod authors but they all seemed to have been put in the patch.

Absolutely = ) This series is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Finally have the abilities to do it correctly.

Radio Fix works as described. In the Family subway station there is a radio (and some other places but only tested this one) that is red instead of green. Turn the radio off and the guard shoots you like you stole something. With the mod the radio is now green, no ownership, turn it off and on and the guard doesn't care. I couldn't find anything in xEdit that would tell me what the mod was about (maybe just lack of experience with it) but from what the author says he only set these specific "problem radios" to not have ownership, nothing else. Guessing I need to open the mod in the GECK to check out what was done better? ... though I don't think there is a need to.

Edit: off to the council....

Council Seat Fix works just fine as well. Simple. Adds the Railway Rifle Schematic as an additional gift (makes sense reading the mod page). Just ran through it using the wiki to guide me quickly. 

EDIT:

Scout Hat Fix adds meshes like it says. Seems to relate to FormID 00074952 in the Fallout.esm which is KIDOutfitWastelandChild03Hat with the name Wasteland Scout Hat. 

This hat is suppose to not be anywhere in the game due to the bad mesh in the vanilla game.. though... i don't know how to look to see if it exists or not? I may add this to my own plugin later on if I find that it fits somewhere. Definitely not a CaPD guide mod... i think?... unless the hat is in the game world and I just don't know how to find it...

Final note for this thread = )

The Jefferson Crash Fix is something hard to show because I don't think that it happens for everyone. Again, I did lose my entire first FO3 RP series due to this issue lol but all the save files are long gone because I gave up on it before this mod was creative.

This fix Deletes a leveled mini gun super mutant at FFSuperMutantCamp 04 . All the mod does is add a Deleted flag to this creature. (looked in xedit). To really know if it works someone would have to be in the situation that I was in, load the mod and test it. Not even sure it's possible to guarantee that you will encounter this issue unless under specific conditions (High enough level, happened to me before going into the Jefferson Memorial a second time... dad already dead... scientists ready to go..). I'll be using it because it's only a single creature being deleted and the issue was horrible. Though I can't give proof of it's purpose.