STEP 3.0 Development Progess

development step news announcement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to give the community an informal update on what is happening behind the scenes. I remember being a community member myself just how "silent" things can get on the project and progress. I also mentioned I would try to keep everyone better informed during this process.

Please feel free to use this topic for Q&A and discussion. We will be updating periodically with progress updates so, if you care to be "in-the-know" with the latest updates, please follow the topic.

To follow, click the "Follow this topic" button located at the top right corner of the Topic Title Bar; beneath your username.

Planning Stages - in progress

Nov 04, 2107
Currently, we are still within the planning stages of development. We have taken some time to write out an overview of what we want and where we're heading on papers the team are sharing. This overview laid out our basic goals, provided insight on which directions to move, and has revealed some areas of where we need to dive deeper before the next stage.

We're in the process of doing those deeper dives now. These dives are further drill-downs into specific areas of the of the design, where more detailed information is required. The main pages of the site are being dived into to define the frameworks (front and back end), layouts, and the rest of their technical and visual designs. Other areas are also being dived into at the same time such as the Content Management System's (CMS) features, design, and database tables required.

As a teaser, some of the features of the development will include:

• A front-end framework built with responsive design for mobile devices
  • A custom CMS with features for easy page creation and editing
  • Mod Picker integration for Guides and Packs
  • Updated and more secure software versions (server-side software, wiki, and forums)
  • Community Discord channels for various uses
  • User selectable themes

That's about all I have to share for now.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

News and Updates

This post will be used to post periodic updates about the development. It will often be updated after meetings and when milestones are reached.

Dec 6th, 2017

Another quick update...

This week we are in the process of finalizing some real-life stuff to do with the project as a whole. We will likely reveal what this is after the first of the year and prior to 3.0 release since it's a pretty large change and is actually already in effect now. As for dev work, Mator has started putting some stuff together, however, the majority of this work will start up within the next few weeks. During this time we'll be purchasing all the software and other things needed to complete the work. Stay tuned! Things will start getting exciting very soon!

Nov 12th, 2017

Just a quick update after our Hangout today...

Tonight's meeting was mainly catching up with where everyone was sitting with the planning, getting into some details about Mod Picker, discussing future avenues, and getting our project management environment started. We're getting closer to starting development. I would say we're within the final stages of the planning now. Once the planning is complete, the pace will likely quicken since we've laid a good, solid foundation by digging into details early on. There is still some prep work to do, but I can say that progress is being made.

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

News post updated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: development, step, news, announcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users