Safe leveling mod/practices

baronaatista

Question

So I have this playthrough I want to do but I’d really prefer to start with an already skilled character, as the RP behind it is an old, skilled mage high elf who is bored of a life of luxury & decides to go adventuring (own property in Solitude Alt Start).

I want to give him gold, some gear, spells, etc. and level to 50-60 ish in his ‘class skills’. I’m aware of the console command player.advskill, and I know how to add gear and so on through the console, but I’m not sure of the safety of these commands. Did some searching already but haven’t found much definitive, mostly just some mod suggestions - levelers tower is way too much, definite no...

Wondering if anyone has advice here; good mod/mods for this? If the console is safe I’d rather do that, slow though it may be as I don’t particularly want to add anything to this setup... but if there’s a good, safe mod /mods that work I’d love to check them out.

3 answers to this question

Just bumping this as I didn't get a response before.  Pretty much planning to just get started with this character as it's something I've wanted to do for a bit, but I have an ongoing playthrough currently and want to re-jig my setup a bit for this next one - so it will be a bit before I get around to it.  I'll check back here if I don't get a response, but wind up playing this character for a significant amount of time without issues (using console).  Would still love to know though if anyone in the community has done something like this, or any mods people have used and are reliable (additem menu looks interesting but seems to have a fair number of bug reports...).

Edited by baronaatista

That sets my mind at ease a bit, thanks. I was pretty sure adding items would be no big deal, mostly the player.advskill command that worried me. Had some CTD issues recently so I’m maybe more concerned than I should be - just looking forward to some real fleshed-out playthroughs with a couple characters I’ve been planning for a long time and don’t want to screw it up with bad practices in the beginning.