Photo

Settings file location for DDSopt auto directory?

Best Answer ATMPlays , 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

I didn't think of looking at the registry. I did I quick search via the Find feature and found it in a lot faster than an hour. For anyone wondering it is the registry entry under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\DDSopt

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ATMPlays

ATMPlays

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

Hi, I am currently DDSOPT optimizing Immersive Weapons. I accidentally set the directory to the MO mods folder and now DDSOPT won't load up to let me change directories. I tried to reinstall it to reset the directory but that didn't work. It doesn't seem to be in the ini file either. I couldn't find any other settings files in the AppData and Documents directories. Can I change this?

#2 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

When DDSopt input directory or output directory is set to a very large folder you need to wait for it to fully load the folder before making changes. It might take more than an hour. I'm not sure what registry keys have the input and output directories. You could search for them in the registry I expect, but I usually just let DDSopt run until it finally loads the full folder and I then change it to the correct one.

#3 ATMPlays

ATMPlays

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM   Best Answer

I didn't think of looking at the registry. I did I quick search via the Find feature and found it in a lot faster than an hour. For anyone wondering it is the registry entry under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\DDSopt

#4 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm glad you found it so quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users