• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 somnomania

somnomania

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

I just went back to Skyrim and the Creation Kit after several months of not playing, and I'm encountering some major problems. Primarily, it's that even with the default MO profile, launching Skyrim + SKSE via MO, new game sits on the title screen infinitely, and continue gives me the warning about missing content (even with no mods active, on a vanilla save) and then does an immediate CTD when I clear the message. If I use the vanilla launcher, the game runs fine, both new games and continuing save files. I've validated files with Steam. I found this problem because I was trying to test out a build and the COC command wasn't working.

So I guess my question is should I uninstall/reinstall MO? SKSE is the same version it was when I last played, and to my knowledge absolutely nothing has changed about any part of my configuration. I'm just assuming the problem is with MO, but I have no idea.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

Post your logs and your MO INI. Please use spoiler tags.

#3 somnomania

somnomania

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

MO .ini:

mo_interface:

Mod_Organizer_17_11_12_22_21, which is a hella huge log and went well over the post limit, is here on Pastebin.

Edited by somnomania, 12 November 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

A few things to mention, one is not that important but needs to be addressed, the others are probably the cause of your issue.

1. You have an explicit reference to SKSE's executable in your INI that doesn't need to be there. Delete the section that starts with "1\" immediately after the ones for listing "5\". MO doesn't need to be told of the location of that as it is automatically recognised.
  2. Your logs make mention of a mod "camp" that no longer exists in your default profile. Either resolve that by restoring that mod or delete your INI and profiles and start afresh.
  3. Additionally you have a ton of mods that are installed directly into the Data folder and not via MO. This will make conflict resolution a bit problematic and you should consider moving all of those into MO's management.

#5 somnomania

somnomania

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Deleting the .ini and profiles seems to have fixed it, thank you! The "mods" in the data folder are all unfinished builds of mine or things that I pull from in the CK (like General Displays), and the CK won't let me look anywhere for plugin files besides the Data folder, otherwise I would move them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users