Fallout 3 vs TTW

TTW includes a lot of FNV so you might prefer the CPD guide since it’s FO3 only. For now don’t clean Bethesda ESMs since more info on this will be added soon. Reading the TTW guide might provide useful info even if you aren’t using it.

My last replay of FO3 was at launch in 2008 so I have really bad memories of hundreds of crashes so my question is mainly on stability, if the newer version of the FNV engine can be more stable and I can ignore the FNV content completely

Edited by Hackerpcs

While it is true the FNV engine is a more stable one than the FO3 engine, installing TTW is not just a case of playing FO3 in FNV. There are a LOT of cosmetic and gameplay changes, some away from vanilla, that needed to be made. Balance, gun/ammo choices, creature strengths, armour ratings etc. that are very different from vanilla FO3.

Has anyone played the GOG version of FO3? Just wondering if it is more stable without the Windows live and DRM components.

Hm, I have the launch and GOTY retail editions, didn't know there was a GOG (isn't it too new for GOG?)

Edited by Hackerpcs

While I have never used the disk version of the game, I assume it's similar to the Steam version (without Steam obviously). In all honesty, the GOG version seems much more stable than the other versions. No fiddling with GFWL or 4GB stuff. If you can afford it, it is highly recommended to grab the GOG version. Or wait until it's on sale (probably this Christmas).