Skyrim SE - LOTD

Hi everyone. I have been trying to get the ball rolling on publishing a guide with LOTD (and maybe open cities). I have asked TechAngel85 for permission to copy and paste a lot of his very well put together guide to speed up the process. Like a lot of you I have a very busy life (single full time father to a teenager, work too much and martial arts classes) so anyone willing to offer input or help with patching and so on would be awesome. The main thing I do not want from this guide is nudity, skimpiness, A ton of porting mods from Skyrim LE, and a ton of patches that are not Nexus related. If this guide catches on I would rather just make a nexus page. This guide will also need SKSE. basically I do not want a guide that is so complex that we are flushing out bugs a year from now. This is a first for me so please have patience.

So I present to you a very rough draft. I pretty much have just installed the first half including the UI. I figure this will be a good spot just to test how the game is working. I know I had to get rid of Simply bigger Trees Billboards and any LODs in HQ Tree bark because I was getting 2 dimensional trees in the big lake before Riverwood, I also Have not rum DynLOD yet. (I haven't fixed this in the guide yet). I probably will work on the guide more Thursday or Friday so I hope to hear from you guys.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Razorsedge877/Skyrim_Extended_LOTD_2#Player_.26_NPC.27s

• +1 2

Nice start save me the hassle. I was thinking of creating an update to my guide for SSE next year once Vortex was out. I'll let other know about and tell it in in BETA.

Thanks for checking out the guide. I also was like should I wait for you guys, wait for Vortex ect,ect. I just decided to go with it. I kind of tried breaking it up between visuals and gameplay. I figured doing it like that would give people a vanilla exp or a modded exp by adding the gameplay section. I'm not sure if that is a crazy idea or what. Well bI hope you check in once awhile to offer your opinion

I dont need Noble Skyrim. I had been thinking about getting rid of it. I guess i had ben comparing the two for conflics with MO.

As for Windsong i will check it out. I have been curious about cbbe also. The problem with cbbe is maybe armor converions.

Do you think LOTD is to far down on my install list. I fivure as long as it doesnt overwrite any textures from my graphics section i should be fine.

I also think my mod naming system is different than everyone else, example cutting room floor = main file, cutting room floor = optional = file. I do this in my mod manager because if i am in my downloads forder and i hit the name colum it puts everything in alphabetical order and is very easy to organize. I just hope the names arent long winded.

To be honest I am not that well versed in using Wrye Bash as a mod manager but if it was me i would load the extra and modified quests included LOTD higher up that way any better texture that overwrite them would. For me on Skyrim they are above Vivid weathers but things might be different for SSE like i said not that well versed.

I wouldn't worry so much about naming just do what works for you best.

It looks good, my current game (haven't actually started playing it) looks similar. I'm just finished with my LOTD patches and load order (phew...). I see you have unique uniques. I don't think it's compatible with the SE version of LOTD?

Lol. Phew is right. Making and up-keeping a guide is takes up a lot of time and I even cheated. I'm not sure what you do for a living but I pretty much never even used a computer till about three years ago and had to teach myself everything (well of coarse it was a Gopher SKSE vids using NMM and than figuring out MO, and now its Wrye Bash, ect) which in itself can eat up a lot of time. So now it is time to learn conflict resolution. Fun Fun lol

I will look up Unique Uniques, Thank you for pointing that out.

It looks good, my current game (haven't actually started playing it) looks similar. I'm just finished with my LOTD patches and load order (phew...). I see you have unique uniques. I don't think it's compatible with the SE version of LOTD?

I do not see Unique Uniques mentioned on the description page. I will take it out of the guide.

Do you unzip every file to make sure the installer is structured properly? I cant remember what mod it was but I seen your guide had instructions to repack it ever though I figured out by luck it needed repacked.

I also noticed I do not need White Phial Replacer. Or maybe I need the optional for 50% the size, I have to look that up 

Edited by Razorsedge877

Can you give an opinion on open cities. Do you think it is unecassary even though it is pretty cool. I am worried about Nav Meshes. I am not ready for that yet. I am also starting to check out ETAC since it states being compatible with Immersive Citizens.

I am also very curious about Genisis Surface Spawns, Run and Swim after Me, and Genisis Unlimited (Makes spawn points in dungeons.)

Open Cities + ETAC is a no-go as far as I'm aware (also would imagine ICAIO is no-go as well - the way Open Cities works, as far as I understand it, is that it actually builds the city into the regular worldspace; meaning its actually a different city.  So any mods affecting the vanilla cities will not work, as you won't ever visit there), and while I haven't tried it, my big concern would be performance with open cities.  The area around Whiterun is already pretty heavy, especially with the DynDOLOD .esp's for the buildings around there (pretty sure those are a thing in SE?  forgive me, haven't done much with SE so far).  Performance again may not be as big an issue in SE, but I'm sure there are limits.

Also I think the LE ETAC has some, but not complete compatibility with ICAIO - from what I read on the SE edition, *she's re-building the mod completely with compatibility in mind, but it sounds like there will be a lot of AI package stuff, minor new quests + dialogue, which sounds at least like it's doing some of what ICAIO does - may be intended more as a replacement.  That being said, I believe *she only has one town finished right now so it may be a bit before it's really ready to go.

Never played with Genesis, but if you're using SIC and OBIS, not really sure more spawns are necessary?  Totally a preference thing.

Run and Swim after Me (I believe you mean Follow me and Swim After Me?) I've heard that there are potential issues with allowing NPC's to follow you through zones or cells or whatever - if I remember correctly it was Dreadflopp that advised against it?  There is a mod that's scripted (no .esp) and only does the Swim after Me part (for LE, not sure about SE) - I know I use it because NPC's follow me through water, but I can't for the life of me remember the name or find it in my MO - and I have a well organized Mod Organizer.  Dammit. * oh also if you use an encounter zone mod, you will basically have to re-make it in order to patch with Follow Me and Swim After Me, as they both touch basically all the same records in order to do what they do... not that it's all that much extra work.

I have been playing with in LE for a long time now and absolutely love Sands of Time Sleeping Encounters though.  Fits perfectly with a Hunterborn/Frostfall playstyle, gives a little risk to camping.  As I'm reading, the SE edition doesn't appear to have a proper menu of any kind at the moment, which is kind of a bummer.  All settings can be controlled with some easy console commands though, explained in the 'posts' tab.  His default settings look pretty solid, at least for my tastes.

Edited by baronaatista

Do you unzip every file to make sure the installer is structured properly? I cant remember what mod it was but I seen your guide had instructions to repack it ever though I figured out by luck it needed repacked.

I also noticed I do not need White Phial Replacer. Or maybe I need the optional for 50% the size, I have to look that up 

White phial replacer: no idea :)

You can double click the innstaller in Wrye Bash to quickly unzip and check the installer. I usually don't do that, most mods work ok and you can (most of the times) se if files/folders are missing from the sub-packages esp/m filter sections. There are cases where manually checking the file structure is nescessary though.

Can you give an opinion on open cities. Do you think it is unecassary even though it is pretty cool. I am worried about Nav Meshes. I am not ready for that yet. I am also starting to check out ETAC since it states being compatible with Immersive Citizens.

I am also very curious about Genisis Surface Spawns, Run and Swim after Me, and Genisis Unlimited (Makes spawn points in dungeons.)

I agree with baronaatista, open cities are cool but not worth it imo. I think it works well but mods need to be made compatible since it's basically a new town. ICAIO do have a patch, so it's compatible.

I'm using ETaC but it's just one village atm.

Regarding mods that lets npc's follow you through zones/doors etc, I don't know if I have said that it can cause issues. But I think it probably can if you have an enemy following you to where it shouldn't. What if an npc is waiting somewhere in a dungeon where there should be no enemies, waiting to interrupt you to talk, taking the quest to the next stage and there is suddenly enemies following you there. It'll possibly work just fine but might in the worst case scenario break the quest.