Lod Trees on Map

ebene

Question

Hi, I've generated successfully the lod from all my worldspaces but i want to remove the tree lod from all the maps.

What .bto files do i need to remove?

Dyndolod generated Lod for levels 4,8 & 16.

Edited by ebene

Allright, perfect, thanks.

I've read the section, but what does it mean set LOD 16 for all tree mesh rules to empty instead of Billboard?

"If tree LOD is not desired on the map, either set LOD 16 for all tree mesh rules to empty instead of Billboard. "

I'm sorry but what do i exacly have to do? where do i set LOD 16 for all tree meshes to empty?

"Alternativly edit Skyrim.ini and set the object LOD level for the map to 32, which turns off all object LOD on the map, since by default there is no LOD level 32 static object LOD:
[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

To generate LOD level 32 static object LOD, set Level32=1 in '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini'. LODGen.exe will generate it to be like LOD Level 16, but without any billboards."

So with this option i need to set Level32 = 1 and then re-generate all lod again?

Edited by ebene

Read the entire document. In "Generate 3D Tree Static LOD" step #7 it explains how to set the tree mesh rule in order to generate 3D tree LOD. Notice how LOD 16 is set to Billboard.

Choose only one of the 2 different options.

Changing the tree mesh rule or wanting BTOs for object LOD level 32 requires to generate object LOD again so the changes take effect.

ok found it, 

Question, if i set the lod 16 for all tree meshes to empty instead of billboard that means that i will not be able to see those in tamriel world also?

I just want to remove them from the worldmap, i don't want to remove that lod sections from the world.

Edited by ebene

If you set LOD 16 to empty then there will be no tree LOD in that furthest LOD level in the world and on the map, which by default uses object LOD level 16.

If you do not want that, then use the alternative option that makes use of LOD level 32 for the map instead.

Choose only one of the 2 different options. Choose the one that fits your needs.

Sorry for bumping up and old post, instead of creating a new one, but I'm also trying to resolve the same issue.

After reading through the information outlined here, I'm trying to understand, depending on what someone wants, we either set in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini;

Level32=1

OR

Add in Skyrim.ini

[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

We only use one of these options?

I want to see trees in the distance in the game, so I should use Level32=1?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Trees on map is determined by the Tree rule in DynDOLOD, whether or not you are using level32 object LOD on the map. If using Level32, ensure to change the tree rule to point to something other than None for LOD Level 32. I recommend Billboard6 for the map. And the combination is Level32=1 and uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 for level32 map. For default Level16 map, it is Level32=0 and uLockedObjectMapLOD=16.

9 hours ago, mooit said:

Sorry for bumping up and old post, instead of creating a new one, but I'm also trying to resolve the same issue.

After reading through the information outlined here, I'm trying to understand, depending on what someone wants, we either set in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini;

Level32=1

OR

Add in Skyrim.ini

[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

We only use one of these options?

I want to see trees in the distance in the game, so I should use Level32=1?

THANKS

Obviously setting DynDOLOD to generate object LOD Level 32 files and setting the game to use them for map requires both settings.
Read  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Trees-on-the-Map

If you want to see trees in the distance generate tree or ultra tree LOD.
Read https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Workshttps://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-LOD and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

Ok...

I did this for settings, I thought this is all correct now?

xLODGen - LOD32
DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - Level32=1
DynDOLOD - LOD32 - Billboard6
Skyrim.ini :
[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

But I still see trees on the map.

Map.thumb.jpg.e6edadb2b80e1c6bbd334519de60729a.jpg

THANKS

39 minutes ago, mooit said:

Ok...

I did this for settings, I thought this is all correct now?

xLODGen - LOD32
DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - Level32=1
DynDOLOD - LOD32 - Billboard6
Skyrim.ini :
[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

But I still see trees on the map.

Map.thumb.jpg.e6edadb2b80e1c6bbd334519de60729a.jpg

THANKS

You instructed DynDOLOD to specifically add tree LOD to LOD Level 32 using Billboard6. If you do not want trees in a LOD Level, the setting should be None.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Trees-on-the-Map

I did read that link before.

I want trees in the game, LOD32 Billboard 6 is the default from the Step Guide, so I left it the same, I thought none is to remove the trees from the game, not the map?

And I thought if someone wants to use LOD32 Billboard 6 in the game, then you add these two options below to remove the trees from the map?

Level32=1
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

THANKS

Edited by mooit

1 hour ago, mooit said:

I did read that link before.

I want trees in the game, LOD32 Billboard 6 is the default from the Step Guide, so I left it the same, I thought none is to remove the trees from the game, not the map?

And I thought if someone wants to use LOD32 Billboard 6 in the game, then you add these two options below to remove the trees from the map?

Level32=1
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32

THANKS

https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works
Terrain LOD is separated into 4 LOD levels while object LOD is separated 3 LOD levels respectively. The LOD levels are named 4, 8, 16, 32 based on the number of cells for the edge length. For example LOD Level 4 covers 4x4 cells, LOD Level 8 covers 8x8 cells etc. Typically object LOD does not have a LOD level 32 - it can only be shown on the map.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Trees-on-the-Map
By default the map shows object LOD from LOD level 16. Since the tree mesh mask rule defines to use a billboard for LOD Level 16, these trees show on the map together with the other objects from this LOD level.

If all rules for LOD Level 32 are set to None (not a single LOD model is used in LOD Level 32) for a worldspace, LODGen will generate LOD Level 32 to be like LOD Level 16, but without any billboards. If there are any models or billboards defined in LOD Level 32 for a worldspace, then LOD Level 32 will be generated for the worldspace as usual with only the specifically assigned models - just like the other LOD Levels.

Do not follow a guide that specifically adds trees to the map, if you do not want trees on the map.
To not have trees on the map, do as explained the DynDOLOD documentation, leave LOD Level 32 at None, so that no trees are added to it. Then instruct DynDOLOD to generate object LOD Level 32 files. Then tell the game to use object LOD Level 32 for the map.

Thank you very much for all your time, before and now, it's greatly appreciated Sheson.

I'm also very grateful for DynDOLOD and all your hard work, for this amazing app you bring us.

You truly do help make my life brighter by it!

No Trees on the Map! :D

Map.jpg

Edited by mooit