Problem with the running external installer of mods

danfrost17

Question

Hi, so I am new in the modding community, however, before I found this masterpiece, I tried to use NMM, then with NMM downloaded the mod of Fallout Character Overhaul, of course when I found MO, I instantly did the tutorial, learn the basics, however, when I uploaded the two complements of the main mod, everything work fast, but when trying to download with MO, everything look fine but the pop box said Running External Installer, so I waited long enough, tried to erased the complete NMM, and re-download the mod but nothing work, the same message and loading for hours. Please help! and if it is a silly mistake, forgive my ignorance. (I did everything the mod asked and follow all the steps) 

1 answer to this question

I usually use manual download for all mods myself, and I use the Nexus tracking center to alert me when updates are available. NMM and MO aren't as reliable for downloads as for other tasks.

The external installer isn't about downloading, it is an alternative FOMOD installer. Currently MO can handle all of the installs without an external FOMOD installer. In the MO settings (crossed tools icon) select plugins and then select Fomod Installer and make sure that enabled is true and prefer is true.