Mystery Modders Shrines HD (by Mystery Modder)

Jorus

As you said some well thought through coloring alterations done with this mod and I would call it an improvment of the vanilla texture both in the detail and new style of some of the shrines.

And no overly noisy bump-maps as I have seen other "HD" shrine textures have ;) And it doesnt cover the them in a Goldish yellow/Bronze only texture which I didn't like one bit.

Comparison photos I took with Vanilla and MM Shrines textures.

Vanilla;

Posted Image

MM Shrines HD;

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

I know of another little shrine mod that came out recently that has not been posted here yet if you would like a little more competition. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to to post a mod but I have already done a few today and don't want people to think I am blindly throwing mods up.

I know of another little shrine mod that came out recently that has not been posted here yet if you would like a little more competition. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to to post a mod but I have already done a few today and don't want people to think I am blindly throwing mods up.

Quality over quantity (yes it works both way :P), if you think it's a possible candidate for STEP then by all means post it.

So I got bored... marking this mod for testing.

Vanilla               Golden Gods Shrines           Shrines HD              The Divine Shrines     The Divine Shrines (optionals)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm not sure who thought Golden Gods Shrines was a good idea... even without the HRDLC the Vanilla ones aren't awful.  Personally I like the changes this mod brings, but even if we decide against it I think we should remove Golden Gods Shrines.

Yeah the golden shrines look completely out of place. Then I must admit Shrines HD does not look that much essential comparing to vanilla. In general I tend to stick with vanilla textures until a big jump in quality is done by any mod.

I've always felt that the golden statues looked too lavish for most of the small shrines and local temples in Skyrim. I would enjoy a version of the golden shrines where they selectively replaced only the shrines in the larger temples (or even just the temple in Solitude).