Drag and Drop not working... Again!

Aezaeo

Question

Ok, I still play oldrim and I've been using MO 1.3.11 for quite sometime. About a year ago my MO stopped allowing me to use drag and drop. Now, heads up I know all about "No Groups" and using "Priority," which I had always done and it worked. When it stopped working all the settings had not changed it just randomly stopped working. I stopped troubleshooting after days of no fixes. Again, that was like a year ago.

Fast Forward to about a week ago, I randomly tried playing oldrim via MO and what do you know, the damn drag and dropping was working out of nowhere. So I was pretty excited since that was the main reason I didn't wanna mess with modding in Oldrim. The shear amount of mods I have was just gonna take too much time to manually adjust priority via number changing. So i had some issues with Windows altogether and I decided to reformat and do a clean install of Windows 10 Home. Now remember, MO started working again randomly even with the windows issues I was having.

Now, Here I am with a clean install of Windows 10, Version 1709, Build 16299.98. I got to test MO and to my surprise, the drag and drop is no longer working AGAIN. I literally have no clue why it stopped working the first time a year ago and I have no clue why it randomly started working a week ago, and now after a clean install of Windows 10 for it to be not working again, I'm at a loss.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Something on your system may be affecting it as I am on the exact same setup as you and it works fine for me.

Keep in mind drag&drop in MO was always a bit flaky, likely due to the weird way Qt framework handles things.

Is the drag&drop failing only in the left pane or can you do it in other panes? ie the archives and plugins tabs.

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know that it's not my Windows build/version because I was about to try another Clean install but hold off on Windows Updates for troubleshooting purposes. Drag&Drop is failing entirely through out MO. Archives/overwritefolder/Left Panes/Plugins, nothing works in regards to Drag&Drop. Another thing I thought I should mention is that I have MO installed on a separate drive from my OS as to avoid UAC issues. Also I can unzip a whole new clean MO and it still refuses to allow Drag&Drop to work. 

I'm thinking you're right about it being tied to my system and that's the conclusion I've come to a year ago. Just strange how it always worked then stopped then started again then stopped again, lol. Pretty annoying. If you have any suggestions that I may not have tried I'm all ears. I feel as though after pretty much a years worth of troubleshooting I've exhausted all my ideas.

Edit: I was wondering if you're using MO 1.3.11 as well? I ask because if I run MO 2.0.8.3 the drag and drop feature works as it should. But since MO 2 has too many bugs I don't care to use it, also I still run Oldrim.

Edited by Aezaeo

Yeah i use 1.3.11 for all the 32bit games. I have been testing the MO2 2.1 versions and they are coming along nicely. Stay tuned for those.

I'd reckon it may be either your mouse or graphics drivers that may be playing badly with MO. As I said the Qt framework has been known to be flaky. You just happen to be getting the rough end of the stick more than others.