Exception Message: Out of memory

Veyrah

Question

"Exception in unit userscript line 322: Error while creating image data with params: Width=8192 Height=4096 Format=A8R8G8B8. Exception Message: Out of memory"

Is the error I am getting.

I'm on a Windows 10 with 8gb ram.

Using mo2 with SSE. Tried using the 64 bit exe but that gave me an "Access violation error".

Running the x86 version works for 512 tile size, as I have tested and seen in-game.

Do I not have enough system ram to generate 1024 tilesize?

log: https://www.codepile.net/pile/v0R5BB65

4 answers to this question

I got the steam version but changed some things to be able to use a certain version of SE for a certain SKSE version. Everything runs fine so far so I didn't expect it to be a problem for DynDolod. Which it isn't really as I am able to generate the lods when using 512 texture size just fine, so the program is working. Just setting it to 1024 makes it "run out of memory", which doesn't seem likely to be the case as I have sufficient ram.

Also I believe I have the latest DynDOLOD version as I downloaded it last week.

There is no reason to change the steam installation folder, only alternative download versions do that. It will mess up installation paths in the registry. It is enough to replace the SkryimSE.exe to run older engine versions.

The log shows DynDOLOD version 2.27. If you search this forum for this type of  error, you will find similar reports back 6 months ago.