Photo

MO 1.3.11: Error with Skyrim HighResTexturePack ESPs disabled

loot error mod organizer

Best Answer stickman1024 , 13 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

So I figured it out, the error is caused by having "Hide inactive ESPs/ESMs" enabled in Workarounds. Simple...

After creating a whole virtual machine trying to replicate the error, I installed LOOT 11 again and looked at the logs. Instead of just giving up breaking like LOOT 12, it spammed this a couple hundred times:

[17:51:23.173766] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack01.esp" is active.
[17:51:23.199791] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack02.esp" is active.
[17:51:23.226817] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack03.esp" is active.

That gave me the clue. After that LOOT 11 just displayed the plugin list and I could sort, but probably slower than normal as it continues to panic about the missing plugins.

I can't remember why I needed to enabled that. I searched a bit but couldn't find much information besides the STEP MO Guide saying "Currently bugged, so do not use." I'm guessing that's what you would advise?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

Some weird problem with LOOT:

https://github.com/l...loot/issues/855

I guess I'll just have to do a three more clicks every time, not a problem. Although, I'm curious if anyone is still using MO and experienced this? That's the latest version of LOOT.

P.S. Sorry, forgot to mention LOOT in the title. Need more coffee.

Edited by stickman1024, 11 December 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#2 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

I am just curious about why this only occurs to those three ESPs. First I though LOOT maybe looks for them to identify the game, but that's not the case in seems. I wonder if it is just because they are unmanaged in my set up.

#3 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

As I've noted in that GitHub issue, there is no inherent difficulty in running LOOT via MO.

Yours is the first report of this nature and without your MO logs or other such diagnostic info it will be hard to see what is different in your setup.

#4 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Here are the logs.

Actually I was a bit surprised of the statement "Running LOOT through Mod Organiser is unsupported" as I know MO is not in active development but never thought it was "abandoned".

I had been actively using MO with all versions of LOOT since it was released and had no problem. I took a hiatus since April and probably skipped at least one version of LOOT. I did a complete reinstall of LOOT this time, deleting LOOT's files in %appdata% and backed up my userlist.

Running LOOT 1.3.11 with HighResTexturePacks Disabled and LOOT fails to completely load as described on GitHub:

Running LOOT with HighResTexturePacks Enabled. LOOT loads and sorts successfully. MO managing BSAs is still enabled and I did not enable Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp but the BSA is loaded:

mo_interface.log:

Here are the logs.

Actually I was a bit surprised of the statement "Running LOOT through Mod Organiser is unsupported" as I know MO is not in active development but never thought it was "abandoned".

I had been actively using MO with all versions of LOOT since it was released and had no problem. I took a hiatus since April and probably skipped at least one version of LOOT. I did a complete reinstall of LOOT this time, deleting LOOT's files in %appdata% and backed up my userlist.

Running LOOT 1.3.11 with HighResTexturePacks Disabled and LOOT fails to completely load as described on GitHub:

Running LOOT with HighResTexturePacks Enabled. LOOT loads and sorts successfully. MO managing BSAs is still enabled and I did not enable Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp but the BSA is loaded:

mo_interface.log:

Edited by Greg, 11 December 2017 - 10:14 PM.
Changed code to spoiler

#5 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Can you check your MO settings and ensure the log level is set to "debug"?

If not, enable it and post another log with just the vanilla assets in a new profile, ie. all the DLC and Hi-Res stuff and nothing else. (This is just to cut down on the size of the log.)

None of those logs show any DEBUG listings which will be needed for me to see what is/isn't loading.

Where the line reads:

INFO (18:21:49.0255): working directory: G:\Program Files\LOOT
INFO (18:21:49.0255): injection done

There should be a slew of lines listing various things that all start with: DEBUG.

#6 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for fixing the spoilers, I thought it looked weird but I had to run out the door quickly. Sigh, I'm really out of it these days...

So a new profile with nothing but DCL and HiRes stuff ESPs disabled worked normally:

However, as soon as I enabled one other mod (SkyUI in this case), same problem occurred:

#7 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:10 AM

I enabled Hi_Res ESPs, and LOOT runs fine on the same new profile with SkyUI.esp enabled. It's all really weird.

So currently it seems:

1. Vanilla (unmanaged) assets: LOOT runs normally

2. MO asset(s) with Hi-Res ESPs disabled: LOOT error

3. MO asset(s) with Hi-res ESPs enabled: LOOT runs normally

The bottom line is under the same conditions none of these problems occurred with LOOT 0.11.x and older.

P.S. Could you please also edit the topic to say "MO 1.3.11: LOOT 0.12.1 error with Skyrim HighResTexturePack ESPs disabled"?

Edited by stickman1024, 12 December 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#8 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

Well this is truly odd. Your logs show nothing wrong at all, in fact I think the only thing I can advise now is to move the MO install into a folder directly off the root drive.

Posssibly the folder: Program Files is getting recognised by Windows as a UAC folder and it is again interfering with LOOT and MO. From the look of it that folder is of your creation? Not a Windows default one?

Other than that you could also go back to LOOT 11 and stick with that until 13 comes out.

Just to clarify that odd LOOT error message only comes up when you have MO manage assets and disable the dummy plugins?

#9 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

Correct. MO managed assets and disabled dummy plugins, specifically only the HiRes ESPs(which are unmanaged), is when LOOT fails. I have much larger profiles with other dummy plugins like Unofficial HiRes Patch disabled, and dozens of BSAs with no ESPs. LOOT works on those as long as I enable the 3 HiRes ESPs and leave everything else as-is. 

You are also correct that it is not a default "Program Files" folder, it's my big SSD just for games and media stuff. I'm not sure if UAC interfere in the same way there, and if that was the case I would imagine older versions of LOOT breaking as well.

I think for the time being I will just do this strange work-around of enabling the HiRes ESPs everytime I run LOOT, and then disabling them afterwards.

I think I might switch to MO2 at some point, but my mostly subjective and unscientific feeling is that it's a LOOT problem not MO.

Edited by stickman1024, 12 December 2017 - 02:48 AM.

#10 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

MO2 is now in a very stable beta phase and I have high hopes for it in the future. I've been testing it with all my games, 32 and 64bit ones, and it works like a charm.

Just had a brain wave. You're using the Unofficial Hi-Res patch also are you not? Are you also disabling that along with the official patches?

#11 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:03 PM

Yes as I mentioned, disabling the Unofficial Hi-Res patch ESP has no effect. In fact, whether or not archive management is enabled in MO has no effect either.

Error only occurs when Hi-Res texture pack ESPs are disabled, and when MO managed ESPs are enabled.

To replicate the error:

LOOT Version 0.12.1 (build 46956175)
Mod Organizer 1.3.11 Rev. d1c81666578e+

1. Skyrim vanilla assets are unmanaged (located physically in /Skyrim/data)

2. Enable Archive Management in MO

3. Disable HighResTexturePack01.esp, HighResTexturePack02.esp, HighResTexturePack03.esp

4. Install any mod containing an ESP in MO

5. Enable the MO managed ESP(s)

6. Run LOOT via MO, LOOT Errors

"Work-around": Enable the High Res Texture Pack ESPs, LOOT runs normally. 

I can replicate it 100% of the time on the same machine. I am going to set up everything from scratch in another machine or a VM tonight and report back.

Edit: Just to reiterate, this never occurred with LOOT 0.11.x and older.

Edited by stickman1024, 13 December 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#12 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

I am probably going to migrate to MO2 over the holidays. Haven't looked into what procedures are involved yet.

#13 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Ah sorry I missed that point you mentioned about the Unofficial Patch. I was hoping it was something simple that we missed.

I'd like to see your tests with another machine because I cannot replicate it with my setup and we share the basics: OS, directory structure, software versions etc.

#14 stickman1024

stickman1024

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:20 PM   Best Answer

So I figured it out, the error is caused by having "Hide inactive ESPs/ESMs" enabled in Workarounds. Simple...

After creating a whole virtual machine trying to replicate the error, I installed LOOT 11 again and looked at the logs. Instead of just giving up breaking like LOOT 12, it spammed this a couple hundred times:

[17:51:23.173766] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack01.esp" is active.
[17:51:23.199791] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack02.esp" is active.
[17:51:23.226817] [debug]: Checking if plugin "HighResTexturePack03.esp" is active.

That gave me the clue. After that LOOT 11 just displayed the plugin list and I could sort, but probably slower than normal as it continues to panic about the missing plugins.

I can't remember why I needed to enabled that. I searched a bit but couldn't find much information besides the STEP MO Guide saying "Currently bugged, so do not use." I'm guessing that's what you would advise?

#15 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

I have never used that setting nor seen anyone ask about using. TBH I have no idea why that option is available, I see no benefit from having it active.

I think I might ask the MO devs to see about having these settings logged so we can easily see what is enabled. Thank you for testing it out and supplying the full detail. This is very much appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loot, error, mod organizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users