DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello.

Right now I`m diggin´ for the reason my game crashes by transition from cell -27.9 to 28.10. Weird thing is, if I pass with normal running speed, the game crashes. If I pass this point with speedmult 700, it does not crash (in 8 from 10 tests) and I can move around in this cell with usual speed or even re-pass this point without any crash. Is there any known issue like that in connection with DynDOLOD? Btw the new MCM feature is very helpful, so I could name the regarding cells.

my relating Skyrim.ini values:

uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0
iPreloadSizeLimit=8388608000
bUseHardDriveCache=1
uStaticNeverFade=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
bForceFullLOD=1

Hello.

Right now I`m diggin´ for the reason my game crashes by transition from cell -27.9 to 28.10. Weird thing is, if I pass with normal running speed, the game crashes. If I pass this point with speedmult 700, it does not crash (in 8 from 10 tests) and I can move around in this cell with usual speed or even re-pass this point without any crash. Is there any known issue like that in connection with DynDOLOD? Btw the new MCM feature is very helpful, so I could name the regarding cells.

my relating Skyrim.ini values:

uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0
iPreloadSizeLimit=8388608000
bUseHardDriveCache=1
uStaticNeverFade=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
bForceFullLOD=1

First, I suggest to remove all made up, dangerous and wrong INI settings. Do this by removing the current INIs and using the launcher to create default ones. Then use BethINIs.

Higher speeds or using tcl turns off dynamic LOD, so nothing weird about things being different. See the readme.txt about how to use debug mode to find problematic nifs causing CTD as pointed out in the FAQ.

You could always use file and folder compression of the OS. At least some storage space benefit without the overwrite order problems.

Oh I'm not that hard pressed for disc space, it's more a personal quirk of mine to optimize my modded games ;) and since SSE BSAs offer some benefits over loose files (just like BA2s for Fallout 4, but I'm certain you know way more about this than me anyway :D ) I simply wanted to make use of that, but I don't mind leaving the DynDOLOD output as loose files to prevent possible issues. Thanks for the suggestion anyway of course! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning

I currently have an issue with DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE / Mod Organizer 2. When i first installed it, it was working fine and all of a sudden, i started getting messages poping up at the top left corner of my screen

DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json

DynDOLOD.esp not found

I tried uninstalling / Reinstalling every component (SKSE, PapyrusUtil SE, DynDOLOD resources and DynDOLOD itself

I have no issues during the setup, textures generation and LOD generation but i keep getting this message in game

I tested with a new game and i still have the same messages

Strangely enough, I am able to manually activate DynDOLOD in the MCM, and i get the pop-up message that it was activated, but i keep getting the message periodically at the top left of the screen. I can play the game no problem but the message is rather annoying.

Any ideas?

Good morning

I currently have an issue with DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE / Mod Organizer 2. When i first installed it, it was working fine and all of a sudden, i started getting messages poping up at the top left corner of my screen

DynDOLOD.esp not found

I tried uninstalling / Reinstalling every component (SKSE, PapyrusUtil SE, DynDOLOD resources and DynDOLOD itself

I have no issues during the setup, textures generation and LOD generation but i keep getting this message in game

Strangely enough, I am able to manually activate DynDOLOD in the MCM, and i get the pop-up message that it was activated, but i keep getting the message periodically at the top left of the screen. I can play the game no problem but the message is rather annoying.

Any ideas?

The error message "DynDOLOD.esp not found" is shown when the SKSE papyrus function Game.GetModByName reports load order of DynDOLOD.esp as 255 - which usually means "not found".

It could also mean you have too many plugins (the highest load order of a plugin should not exceed 253 AFAIK. 254 is for ESLs and 255 for temporary forms.

If the load order of DynDOLOD.esp is 253 or less, it could mean the updated game.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or overwritten.

The message is also shown in case a keyword record is not found in the DynDOLOD.esp, which could only happen if generation went really wrong with all kinds of errors or the DynDOLOD.esp was manually edited. Both seems unlikely in this case.

The error message "DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json" happens when certain things for a worldspace worked as they should in DynDOLOD.esm, but then failed to read additional data for the worldspace from DynDOLOD_Worlds.json or things went horrible wrong afterwards.

This can happen when

- JsonUtil.pex papyrus scripts from PapyrusUtil are missing or do not work as expected.

- the json file can not be read (not found, access denied) or its content is malformed.

- the default Game.GetFormFromFile function in Game.pex does not work as expected.

- the Math.LogicalAnd function in updated Math.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or does not work as expected.

Edited by sheson

Good morning

DynDOLOD.esp not found

Any ideas?

The error message "DynDOLOD.esp not found" is shown when the SKSE papyrus function Game.GetModByName reports load order of DynDOLOD.esp as 255 - which usually means "not found".

It could also mean you have too many plugins (the highest load order of a plugin should not exceed 253 AFAIK. 254 is for ESLs and 255 for temporary forms.

If the load order of DynDOLOD.esp is 253 or less, it could mean the updated game.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or overwritten.

The message is also shown in case a keyword record is not found in the DynDOLOD.esp, which could only happen if generation went really wrong with all kinds of errors or the DynDOLOD.esp was manually edited. Both seems unlikely in this case.

The error message "DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json" happens when certain things for a worldspace worked as they should in DynDOLOD.esm, but then failed to read additional data for the worldspace from DynDOLOD_Worlds.json or things went horrible wrong afterwards.

This can happen when

- JsonUtil.pex papyrus scripts from PapyrusUtil are missing or do not work as expected.

- the json file can not be read (not found, access denied) or its content is malformed.

- the default Game.GetFormFromFile function in Game.pex does not work as expected.

- the Math.LogicalAnd function in updated Math.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or does not work as expected.

Good morning

Turns out it was that simple. Had no idea that we had to stop at 253. I was under the impression that as long as the Hex ID was FF or lower, i was good to go. It works fine now. Thanks again for the quick response.

Edited by LordIceWolf

• 3 weeks later...

Start the game from the launcher once, so the registry settings are updated with the correct path information.

If that is not it, double check the command line parameter. You maybe accidentally adding a switch that can be used to define the path to the INI.

I have a simmilar problem, only mine says this:

[00:00:00.000] TexGen based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-02-24 10:26:57
[00:00:00.004] Using Skyrim Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.007] Using ini: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.010] Fatal: Could not find ini
[00:00:09.530] Saving: Settings
[00:00:09.533] Saving: Logs

I see the problem but don't know how to fix it. It is taking the path of Oldrim and not Special Edition. I am using MO2. I have also ran the launcher as suggested.

I have a simmilar problem, only mine says this:

[00:00:00.000] TexGen based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-02-24 10:26:57

[00:00:00.004] Using Skyrim Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\

[00:00:00.007] Using ini: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

[00:00:00.010] Fatal: Could not find ini

[00:00:09.530] Saving: Settings

[00:00:09.533] Saving: Logs

I see the problem but don't know how to fix it. It is taking the path of Oldrim and not Special Edition. I am using MO2. I have also ran the launcher as suggested.

DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Installation Skyrim SE

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim SE mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Installation Skyrim SE

Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim SE mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help.

Maybe its just me but it seem unclear. I am left with questions.

• 1st When following DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt to create a shortcut Do I do the same for the TexGenx64.exe. The instructions don't say. They just say create a shortcut from DynDOLODx64.exe.
  • 2nd Now that that is done now what? Do I run it right there? Do I go into MO2 and use the shortcut instead of the original?

What I did was followed the instructions and ran it outside of MO2. After running I got an error that said "An error occured while loading modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error." So I check the log at the end it said "Fatal: <EOSError: System Error.  Code: 2. The system cannot find the file specified>"

So I figured I would try use it in MO2 again. Same error I started with "Fatal: Could not find ini"

All I seem to be left with is create a shortcut and change the end to -sse. To this point I am just guessing what I am supposed to do.

Sorry to be a pain but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

*Edit

Ok I just figured out all you need to do is go into MO2 Create an executable for both the DynDOLODx64.exe and the TexGenx64.exe in MO2 then add -sse in the ARGUMENTS space and it works. For anyone out there having the same issue.

Edited by sevrick

I was running DYNDOLOD for a new play-trough, but again the process fails, reading the LOD, I can just find this error that looks suspicious, but don't know what it means:

[00:16:54.574] Building a list of LOD objects, please wait...
[00:16:54.810]   World DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:54.841]     Reading Large Reference Data for DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:54.866]         Found 0 large references
[00:16:54.895]     Gathering references in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:3A000800] for STAT ACTI MSTT CONT FURN DOOR LIGH TREE 
[00:16:54.923]     Filtering 0 references in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:3A000800] for LOD
[00:16:54.949] Saving objects LOD data to H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt
[00:16:54.982] LOD references: 140, unique LOD objects: 0
[00:16:55.036] DoLODThread DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:55.070] Creating mini atlas data
[00:16:55.209] Gathering meshes for atlas creation
[00:16:55.257] No flat atlas created
[00:16:55.273] No atlas created
[00:16:55.289] Combining mini atlas map
[00:16:55.311] Executing LODGenx64.exe
[00:16:55.327] "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt" --logfile "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt" --dontFixTangents --removeUnseenFaces --skyblivionTexPath
[00:16:55.411] Master in DLC2SolstheimWorld found
[00:16:55.434] Error: There is a problem with the winning overwrite for 
[00:16:55.455] Non esm/esp master  for 
[00:16:55.489] Write next object id 01B1A8 to C:\Users\lento\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid

[00:16:55.509] Write next object id 04BFFB to C:\Users\lento\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid 

THE LOG FINISHES WITH: 

[00:18:00.174] Exception in unit userscript line 325: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 2216)

Thanks for any help you could give me!!

Edited by SLOWMAN87

I was running DYNDOLOD for a new play-trough, but again the process fails, reading the LOD, I can just find this error that looks suspicious, but don't know what it means:

[00:16:54.574] Building a list of LOD objects, please wait...
[00:16:54.810]   World DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:54.841]     Reading Large Reference Data for DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:54.866]         Found 0 large references
[00:16:54.895]     Gathering references in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:3A000800] for STAT ACTI MSTT CONT FURN DOOR LIGH TREE 
[00:16:54.923]     Filtering 0 references in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:3A000800] for LOD
[00:16:54.949] Saving objects LOD data to H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt
[00:16:54.982] LOD references: 140, unique LOD objects: 0
[00:16:55.036] DoLODThread DLC2SolstheimWorld
[00:16:55.070] Creating mini atlas data
[00:16:55.209] Gathering meshes for atlas creation
[00:16:55.257] No flat atlas created
[00:16:55.273] No atlas created
[00:16:55.289] Combining mini atlas map
[00:16:55.311] Executing LODGenx64.exe
[00:16:55.327] "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt" --logfile "H:\MODS SKYRIM SE\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.36\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt" --dontFixTangents --removeUnseenFaces --skyblivionTexPath
[00:16:55.411] Master in DLC2SolstheimWorld found
[00:16:55.434] Error: There is a problem with the winning overwrite for 
[00:16:55.455] Non esm/esp master  for 
[00:16:55.489] Write next object id 01B1A8 to C:\Users\lento\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid

[00:16:55.509] Write next object id 04BFFB to C:\Users\lento\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid 

THE LOG FINISHES WITH: 

[00:18:00.174] Exception in unit userscript line 325: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 2216)

Thanks for any help you could give me!!

here is my full log, it took me a while to find were could I upload it without restrictions: https://es.scribd.com/document/372331180/Dyndolod-Log-slowman87

here is my full log, it took me a while to find were could I upload it without restrictions: https://es.scribd.com/document/372331180/Dyndolod-Log-slowman87

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13029-dyndolod-236-skyrim-se-beta-with-dynamic-lod/page-12?do=findComment&comment=213772

remove duplicate xx000800 DLC2SolstheimWorld in Genesis Watchtowers Reborn.esp

Edited by sheson

1st When following DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt to create a shortcut Do I do the same for the TexGenx64.exe. The instructions don't say. They just say create a shortcut from DynDOLODx64.exe.

From DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

Installation Skyrim SE

From DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt

Add either -tes5 or -see as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in the desired game mode.

What I did was followed the instructions and ran it outside of MO2.

There are no instructions that say to run the tools outside of MO2. The instructions are mod manager agnostic as much as possible. DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt explains how to add command line parameters to the executable dropdown in MO.

Weird, SSEEDIT didn't gave me any error report on the "error check verification" on Genesis Watchtowers Reborn.esp, I thought I had fixed it. Thanks for your help sheson, really really appreciated. 

Edited by SLOWMAN87

Is it nomal or expected that I always get some unattached instances of DynDolod syripts in my savegame? I just started a new game, and just checked my last savegame file. It found four SHESON_* script instances (_Firstborn, _LODObject, _Master, _Minion), as well as a form- and keyword-instance. So I followed the clean save procedure by deactivating DynDOLOD in the MCM, go inside a house, check it's still deactivated, save and quit. Start game again withtout DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp enabled, load save, wait a minute, save again, quit, enable plugins and start game, load save, go outside, wait for initialization message and save! And the resulting savegame file suddenly included the same unattached instances again (yes, I cleaned them before with FallrimTools to see if they appear again). So I thought it might be something wrong with my installation. So followed the uninstallation procedure (like above) but this time uninstalled DynDOLOD completely and rebuilt it entirely from scratch (also tripple checked that all necessary plugins were activated, while unecessary ones were disabled). Well, this time I found some more unattached instances, but that's expected due to DynDOLOD was completely removed atm. However, I tried it both ways - left the savegame file untouched by FallrimTools, as also tried with cleaning all unattached instances from it before installing the new version. But no matter what I do, each time I have it installed, I get about 5 to 6 unattached instances, mostly the same ones I mentioned at the beginning.

One time I get those first when I saved inside a house and noticed that DynDOLOD disables itself inside interiors. So I thought it might lead to missing objects inside the savegame file because of that. But actually I cannot rememberthat I ever had this problem in my last playthrough, and just because I've just started a new game, I don't want it to be messed up some time later. better check for the reason now.

Thanks by the way for this great tool and mod!! Never want to play without it!

Edited by Godis