200 replies to this topic

#196 knee_arrow

knee_arrow

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Hello.

Right now I`m diggin´ for the reason my game crashes by transition from cell -27.9 to 28.10. Weird thing is, if I pass with normal running speed, the game crashes. If I pass this point with speedmult 700, it does not crash (in 8 from 10 tests) and I can move around in this cell with usual speed or even re-pass this point without any crash. Is there any known issue like that in connection with DynDOLOD? Btw the new MCM feature is very helpful, so I could name the regarding cells.

my relating Skyrim.ini values:

uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0
iPreloadSizeLimit=8388608000
bUseHardDriveCache=1
uStaticNeverFade=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
bForceFullLOD=1

#197 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:50 AM

Hello.

Right now I`m diggin´ for the reason my game crashes by transition from cell -27.9 to 28.10. Weird thing is, if I pass with normal running speed, the game crashes. If I pass this point with speedmult 700, it does not crash (in 8 from 10 tests) and I can move around in this cell with usual speed or even re-pass this point without any crash. Is there any known issue like that in connection with DynDOLOD? Btw the new MCM feature is very helpful, so I could name the regarding cells.

my relating Skyrim.ini values:

uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0
iPreloadSizeLimit=8388608000
bUseHardDriveCache=1
uStaticNeverFade=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
bForceFullLOD=1

First, I suggest to remove all made up, dangerous and wrong INI settings. Do this by removing the current INIs and using the launcher to create default ones. Then use BethINIs.

Higher speeds or using tcl turns off dynamic LOD, so nothing weird about things being different. See the readme.txt about how to use debug mode to find problematic nifs causing CTD as pointed out in the FAQ.

#198 El_Rizzo

El_Rizzo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

You could always use file and folder compression of the OS. At least some storage space benefit without the overwrite order problems.

Oh I'm not that hard pressed for disc space, it's more a personal quirk of mine to optimize my modded games ;) and since SSE BSAs offer some benefits over loose files (just like BA2s for Fallout 4, but I'm certain you know way more about this than me anyway :D ) I simply wanted to make use of that, but I don't mind leaving the DynDOLOD output as loose files to prevent possible issues. Thanks for the suggestion anyway of course! :)

#199 LordIceWolf

LordIceWolf

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

Good morning

I currently have an issue with DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE / Mod Organizer 2. When i first installed it, it was working fine and all of a sudden, i started getting messages poping up at the top left corner of my screen

DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json

DynDOLOD.esp not found

I tried uninstalling / Reinstalling every component (SKSE, PapyrusUtil SE, DynDOLOD resources and DynDOLOD itself

I have no issues during the setup, textures generation and LOD generation but i keep getting this message in game

I tested with a new game and i still have the same messages

Strangely enough, I am able to manually activate DynDOLOD in the MCM, and i get the pop-up message that it was activated, but i keep getting the message periodically at the top left of the screen. I can play the game no problem but the message is rather annoying.

Any ideas?

#200 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

Good morning

I currently have an issue with DynDOLOD in Skyrim SE / Mod Organizer 2. When i first installed it, it was working fine and all of a sudden, i started getting messages poping up at the top left corner of my screen
DynDOLOD.esp not found

I tried uninstalling / Reinstalling every component (SKSE, PapyrusUtil SE, DynDOLOD resources and DynDOLOD itself
I have no issues during the setup, textures generation and LOD generation but i keep getting this message in game
Strangely enough, I am able to manually activate DynDOLOD in the MCM, and i get the pop-up message that it was activated, but i keep getting the message periodically at the top left of the screen. I can play the game no problem but the message is rather annoying.

Any ideas?

The error message "DynDOLOD.esp not found" is shown when the SKSE papyrus function Game.GetModByName reports load order of DynDOLOD.esp as 255 - which usually means "not found".
It could also mean you have too many plugins (the highest load order of a plugin should not exceed 253 AFAIK. 254 is for ESLs and 255 for temporary forms.
If the load order of DynDOLOD.esp is 253 or less, it could mean the updated game.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or overwritten.
The message is also shown in case a keyword record is not found in the DynDOLOD.esp, which could only happen if generation went really wrong with all kinds of errors or the DynDOLOD.esp was manually edited. Both seems unlikely in this case.

The error message "DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json" happens when certain things for a worldspace worked as they should in DynDOLOD.esm, but then failed to read additional data for the worldspace from DynDOLOD_Worlds.json or things went horrible wrong afterwards.
This can happen when
- JsonUtil.pex papyrus scripts from PapyrusUtil are missing or do not work as expected.
- the json file can not be read (not found, access denied) or its content is malformed.
- the default Game.GetFormFromFile function in Game.pex does not work as expected.
- the Math.LogicalAnd function in updated Math.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or does not work as expected.

Edited by sheson, 07 February 2018 - 01:39 PM.

#201 LordIceWolf

LordIceWolf

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Good morning

DynDOLOD.esp not found

Any ideas?

The error message "DynDOLOD.esp not found" is shown when the SKSE papyrus function Game.GetModByName reports load order of DynDOLOD.esp as 255 - which usually means "not found".
It could also mean you have too many plugins (the highest load order of a plugin should not exceed 253 AFAIK. 254 is for ESLs and 255 for temporary forms.
If the load order of DynDOLOD.esp is 253 or less, it could mean the updated game.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or overwritten.
The message is also shown in case a keyword record is not found in the DynDOLOD.esp, which could only happen if generation went really wrong with all kinds of errors or the DynDOLOD.esp was manually edited. Both seems unlikely in this case.

The error message "DynDOLOD Can not find master data in none.json" happens when certain things for a worldspace worked as they should in DynDOLOD.esm, but then failed to read additional data for the worldspace from DynDOLOD_Worlds.json or things went horrible wrong afterwards.
This can happen when
- JsonUtil.pex papyrus scripts from PapyrusUtil are missing or do not work as expected.
- the json file can not be read (not found, access denied) or its content is malformed.
- the default Game.GetFormFromFile function in Game.pex does not work as expected.
- the Math.LogicalAnd function in updated Math.pex papyrus script from SKSE is missing or does not work as expected.

Good morning

Turns out it was that simple. Had no idea that we had to stop at 253. I was under the impression that as long as the Hex ID was FF or lower, i was good to go. It works fine now. Thanks again for the quick response.

Edited by LordIceWolf, 09 February 2018 - 10:17 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users