Can not find DynDOLOD Resources Core Files

Jurias

Question

yo I'm new to DynDOLOD, but I followed the step by step instructions, whenever I started up the DynDOLOD.exe I got an error that the DynDOLOD Resources couldn't be found. I assumed that it had something to do with my admin rights, so I started it as admin, but it gave me an error that it couldn't find the Skyrim.ini file (because it was looking for it in my(C:) instead of (D:)) Is there a way to change the search path of the DynDOLOD.exe? or what should I do lul

Edit:

This is the log error part I got before running it as an admin:

[00:00:04.679] Background Loader: [solitudeExterior.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:04.680] Background Loader: finished
[00:00:05.759]
[00:00:05.777]    DynDOLOD Worlds 2.18 (1) using TES5LODGen by Ehamloptiran, Sheson and Zilav, starting...
[00:00:05.795]
[00:00:05.811]
[00:00:05.827] DynDOLOD.exe 10/16/2016 (1229999453)
[00:00:05.845] LODGen.exe 8/5/2016 (1225083360)
[00:00:05.863] Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.

.... and this is the log error i get after running it as an admin:

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD based on xEdit starting session 2016-10-16 10:08:58
[00:00:00.012] Using Skyrim Data Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.021] Using ini: C:\Users\HI\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.026] Fatal: Could not find ini
Edited by Jurias

9 answers to this question

yo I'm new to DynDOLOD, but I followed the step by step instructions, whenever I started up the DynDOLOD.exe I got an error that the DynDOLOD Resources couldn't be found. I assumed that it had something to do with my admin rights, so I started it as admin, but it gave me an error that it couldn't find the Skyrim.ini file (because it was looking for it in my(C:) instead of (D:)) Is there a way to change the search path of the DynDOLOD.exe? or what should I do lul

Edit:

This is the log error part I got before running it as an admin:

[00:00:04.679] Background Loader: [solitudeExterior.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:00:04.680] Background Loader: finished
[00:00:05.759]
[00:00:05.777]    DynDOLOD Worlds 2.18 (1) using TES5LODGen by Ehamloptiran, Sheson and Zilav, starting...
[00:00:05.795]
[00:00:05.811]
[00:00:05.827] DynDOLOD.exe 10/16/2016 (1229999453)
[00:00:05.845] LODGen.exe 8/5/2016 (1225083360)
[00:00:05.863] Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.

.... and this is the log error i get after running it as an admin:

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD based on xEdit starting session 2016-10-16 10:08:58
[00:00:00.012] Using Skyrim Data Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.021] Using ini: C:\Users\HI\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.026] Fatal: Could not find ini

Since I can't edit anymore:

I dont think changing the path is the solution, because when I change my entire account to be an admin account it still gives me the DynDOLOD Resources Error.

Edited by Jurias

Since I can't edit anymore:

I dont think changing the path is the solution, because when I change my entire account to be an admin account it still gives me the DynDOLOD Resources Error.

Problem was solved after installing core files manually! thanks for the mod man hahah!

Edited by Jurias

Hi Sheson, i'm having a problem while runing DynDOLOD.exe x64, when i open it, it reads all the files in my Skyrim Data, at the end it shows a mesage saying: "Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD".

I'm modding skyrim SE, and i did install the Resources archives for the SE version, i don't know what's the issue, here is my load order:

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp=1
SMIM-SE-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp=1
SMIM-SE-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
CC'sEnhancedOreVeinsSSE-HearthfirePatch.esp=1
Vivid WeathersSE.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
Footprints.esp=1
RelightingSkyrim_SSE.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp=1
Eli_Breezehome.esp=1
DustEffectsSSE.esp=1
Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp=1
Blowing in the Wind - Lanterns of Skyrim Patch SSE.esp=1
Man Those Borders!.esp=1
SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp=1
Trees in Cities.esp=1
Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch SSE.esp=1
CinematicFireFX.esp=1
Open Cities Skyrim.esp=1
Trees in Cities - Open Cities Skyrim Edition.esp=1
Blowing in the Wind - Open Cities Skyrim Patch SSE.esp=1
Eli_Breezehome-Open_Cities-Patch.esp=1
DesyncBirdsOfPrey.esp=1

post-11280-0-72908500-1494818412_thumb.png

Edited by Lukinch

On 5/15/2017 at 5:20 AM, Lukinch said:

Hi Sheson, i'm having a problem while runing DynDOLOD.exe x64, when i open it, it reads all the files in my Skyrim Data, at the end it shows a mesage saying: "Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD".

I'm modding skyrim SE, and i did install the Resources archives for the SE version, i don't know what's the issue, here is my load order:

You need to start TexGen/DynDOLOD in SSE mode with the -sse comand line argument as explained in DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html

I got this:

Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.?RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual.html requirements section.

Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources archive has been installed completly.

Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: TES5

I reinstalled 2 times the ressources but i got this message again. Are you using the last version of SKSE for this beta, version 2.0.7?

Edited by mirage711

I got this:

Error: Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.?RTFM DynDOLOD_Manual.html requirements section.

Verify the core files from DynDOLOD Resources archive has been installed completly.

Verify the game is starting in the desired game mode. Current mode: TES5

I reinstalled 2 times the ressources but i got this message again. Are you using the last version of SKSE for this beta, version 2.0.7?

SKSE has nothing to do with running TexGen/DynDOLOD standalone. SKSE is required for the game.

The message tells you to verify the game mode is started in the desired game mode and that it currently is started for TES5. Set the command line parameter -sse to start the tools in SSE mode as explained in the manual for SSE.

Edited by sheson

I am playing SSE on a Win7 machine. I am using MO2 to organize my mods. I am using DynDOLOD standalone version 2.42.7 and DynDOLOD Resourses SE version 2.41.7. I have pointed MO2 to both of the x64 versions of the executables which I then run through MO2. I have installed PapyrusUtil SE. I have generated DynDoLOD textures with TexGenx64, converted the created texture folder into an archive and installed it via MO2. Yet I keep running into the message: "Can not find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD" and I am, at this point, at a loss.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Edited by whitelion1284

In several places I have seen references to creating shortcuts with specific arguments and I'm wondering if this may be the step I'm missing. The documentation on this tool seems to be rather vague, at least for a lay-person like myself. I've read the funtastic manual but still have not a clue. Do I need to create a shortcut or add an argument somewhere in order to define the correct game? If so how do I do so?

In several places I have seen references to creating shortcuts with specific arguments and I'm wondering if this may be the step I'm missing. The documentation on this tool seems to be rather vague, at least for a lay-person like myself. I've read the funtastic manual but still have not a clue. Do I need to create a shortcut or add an argument somewhere in order to define the correct game? If so how do I do so?

From the DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html Installation Skyrim SE

"Add -sse as a command line parameter to DynDOLOD.exe/DynDOLODx64.exe or TexGen.exe/TexGenx64.exe to start the tools in Skyrim SE mode. See DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt for help."

Adding command line parameter is a basic OS function. However, the included DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt contains specific instructions how to create a windows shortcut or how to set up an executable in MO.