Terrain parallax question

elenhil

Question

I'm encountering a parallax-related bug in the vicinity of Whiterun. It seems that there are two meshes (rocktundraland-something and tundrapond-something), each looking OK, that meet (blend, whatever), and the place where they meet looks bugged. Here is the area with ENB effects off, and here it is with ENV effects on.

What exactly is going on here? From the looks of it, which of the meshes (or is it the texture?) might be messing up this slope (and why only the slope, not the whole of the terrain on that mesh)?

4 answers to this question

Wouldn't missing a parallax-enabled terrain texture result in all terrain surfaces showing the same glitch? After all, in this screenshot there are areas of both meshes (left and right edges of the screen) that look fine. It's just the area where they meet that is glitchy.

Wouldn't missing a parallax-enabled terrain texture result in all terrain surfaces showing the same glitch? After all, in this screenshot there are areas of both meshes (left and right edges of the screen) that look fine. It's just the area where they meet that is glitchy.

To me it looks like it's the issue I explained above. The mesh on the left might not be terrain but is using the terrain texture, which would explain such behavior. Did setting that parameter to false fix the problem?