Photo

Main Menu has no text, only spinning logo.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Hey guys, I need some help here. I've been running a very heavily modded Skyrim over the past few years and it eventually imploded on me. Too much bloat. I decided to come back to it after a year or so. I completely wiped everything and started new, this time following STEP as a base. I've followed all instructions in the guide, but my main menu has no text. I can't start a new game.

I have only STEP mods installed, minus a few changes. Such as a different body mod and a lack of lanterns and fog, because those mods were pulled from the Nexus. All STEP Extended patches installed just fine with no errors, LOOT has zero errors and zero warnings, no dirty edits, loot order is perfect. I also have a bashed patch with zero errors, FNIS and DSR are also both ran and successful with no errors. There doesn't seem to be a single thing wrong, nothing is saying I have a problem. I followed the guide to a T. 

I know it isn't my specs, I run Skyim at the absolute maximum at all times. My rig is well above maximum requirements. I haven't done any extra INI tweaks, nothing that wasn't in the guide. My enblocal.ini is also to guide specifications. I did everything by the books. I did a search and found another post with someone who had this same issue, but it was a while back and no solution was found. At least he never posted it. I have no idea what could be causing this issue, any ideas?

LOOT Load Order

As you can see, I haven't even started putting in my own personal mods. Just the STEP base. I've made sure to re-run LOOT, FNIS, Wyre Bash and Dual Sheath Redux before launching the game, but still no luck. No issues are popping up. SKSE launches, I see the ENB Boost stuff in the upper left corner, the emblem spins and spins, but the menu options never appear. I tried leaving it for a while, tried alt tabbing, nothing seems to work.

#2 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

I have an update. It's somehow caused by Mod Organizer. If I launch SKSE, TESV or Launcher through MO, it doesn't work. But launching any of those 3 direct from the folder, it works. Any ideas on how to fix that?

#3 NumberXer0

NumberXer0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Can't seem to find an edit button, but..it seems like it's my Bashed Patch. Everything works fine until I toggle it on. Wyre Bash gives me no errors and everything is green.

#4 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

The only think I can think of is the main font replacement mod. This should be fine if your language is English, but you shouldn't install the main font replacement mod if Skyrim's language is set to anything other than English.

#5 elenhil

elenhil

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

I can confirm it's the Bashed patch. And I use no font replacements, mind you.

Workaround: use an older version (307.201612232300 in my case) to recreate the patch and you'll be OK.

P.S. Too lazy to report it to the WB team

Edited by elenhil, 26 December 2017 - 02:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users