Mod organizer 2 isn't seeing skyrim se

ichinzen

Question

When i try to manually have it set to run skyrim se i go to the folder and it doesn't see it, and if i try to automatically set it to skyrim se it starts up oldrim instead Honestly i have no idea what to do now. I finsally thought i'd be able to play skyrim again without the constant crashing that oldrim was prone to but alas perhaps that is but a pipe dream. Mo 2 also seems to crash while using the browse function as well for seemingly no reason. If i delete oldrim while it attempting to boot it up (now that it is somehow hooked into it for odd reasons i can't understand) trying to browse causes an immediat crash.

I guess my only other choice is to manually mod skyrim se at this rate ugh i shudder at the very thought of attempting to do so.

Edited by ichinzen

2 answers to this question

Welcome to STEP @ichinzen

Please post your logs, either inside spoiler tags or by using PasteBin or similar.

SkyrimSE needs to be run at least once to set the registry settings which MO2 then uses to "see" it. It makes no difference where MO2 is installed but preferably in a folder away from Windows' UAC folders, like "Program Files (x86)", and also in a folder away from the actual game folder is preferred.

Not sure what you mean by:

If i delete oldrim while it attempting to boot it up (now that it is somehow hooked into it for odd reasons i can't understand) trying to browse causes an immediat crash.

I'm assuming you mean something other than what "delete" actually means. Perhaps "quit or exit".

Welcome to STEP @ichinzen

Please post your logs, either inside spoiler tags or by using PasteBin or similar.

SkyrimSE needs to be run at least once to set the registry settings which MO2 then uses to "see" it. It makes no difference where MO2 is installed but preferably in a folder away from Windows' UAC folders, like "Program Files (x86)", and also in a folder away from the actual game folder is preferred.

Not sure what you mean by:

I'm assuming you mean something other than what "delete" actually means. Perhaps "quit or exit".

No i meant uninstalling oldrim itself and trying to use broswe function.

Edited by ichinzen