Mod Organiser Contradicts STEP Guide?

The13thRonin

Hi all

I'm following the Core STEP guide (v2.10.0). I've installed all of the core files in the fixes section in the order that has been listed but Mod Organizer is complaining that there's a Potential Mod Order Problem (PMOP):

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.
This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs.
Please first ensure your load order is correct!
If it is you should re-order the affected mods (left list!) like this:

• Move Clothing and Clutter Fixes after Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade

Should I keep the mod-list the same as in the STEP guide where Clothing and Clutter Fixes comes before Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade and ignore the PMOP as the screenshot below suggests?:

https://imgur.com/a/j9tIB

or should I allow Mod Organizer to shuffle the mods so that Clothing and Clutter Fixes comes after Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade.

Thanks for the assistance.

Edited by The13thRonin

Please note this thread.

The STEP guide has already carefully examined any conflicts and determined the optimal install sequence. Follow that guide exactly and your modded game will be fine.

I don't understand because the thread you pointed to also contradicts itself. It states:

The official stance for MO is to allow the MO warning dialogue to have the mods (left-hand pane) to be 'fixed'.

But also states:

STEP guides may provide another arrangement and therefore you can disregard any potential errors.

If I'm understanding correctly comment 1. says to allow MO to fix the order. But then comment 2. Says not to allow MO to fix the order.

After finishing the step guide I now have all these potential errors:

• Move Unmanaged: Dawnguard before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Unofficial Patch before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Cutting Room Floor before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Even Better Quest Objectives before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Book of Silence Content Addon before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Stealth Skills Rebalanced before Non-Essential Children
  • Move Thieves Guild Requirements before Non-Essential Children
  • Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma before Non-Essential Children
  • Move The Choice is Yours after Trap Fixes
  • Move Clothing and Clutter Fixes after Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade

I just want to know whether I'm supposed to allow MO to reshuffle the order around or not?

Edited by The13thRonin

STEP and MO are not the same thing. @Tannin, MO's author believed that feature is a good idea but also realises that others may have a different idea.

STEP has already checked whether the mods it uses have conflicts so as I mentioned above: follow the guide and disregard the messages.

Open "Settings -- Plugins" and set Basic diagnosis plugin to 'False'

There is an almost infinite number of valid mod orders and an almost infinite number of invalid mod orders.

STEP gives you one valid order and tells you to use that because they tested it.

MO determins one valid order algorithmically and warns you if you deviate from that.

Both are fine. As long as you use STEP and only STEP you can use the MO suggestion or follow the STEP guide to the dot, you get a valid order.

The moment you install more mods than in the STEP guide, you only have the MO order to go by.

It still gives you only one out of infinite valid mod orders but at least you know that it is valid.