MO and xEdit not working quite right together

MrBrightside

Question

I have been having a rather interesting issue recently involving running xEdit through MO. I have since developed a workaround, but its time consuming and not optimal. What is happening is that when I run xEdit through MO, I can utilize all the functions but whenever I make a change to a plugin (cleaning, moving something, adding bash tags) I get a message that usually looks something like this "could not rename G:\SteamLibrary\steammaps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Advanced Recce Merged.esp.save.2017_12_25_13_39_12 to G:\SteamLibrary\steammaps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Advanced Recce Merged.esp". I included a screencap for some clarity. I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but I think that it might be a permissions issue even though I'm running both xEdit and MO as admin. I have tried to gain full control of the FNV directory via win10 security settings, but I'm not sure if that's working. Tried to untick read-only for the folder, but that isn't working either.

My workaround to this so far is to install xEdit in a different drive entirely and run it from there, but then it only picks up stuff in FNV's data folder instead of MO's mod directory. However, it can edit plugins that I move into FNV's data directory without any issues. So theoretically I can move plugins back and forth from MO's mod directory to the data folder in MO to edit them, but this process really only works when I'm editing one mod at a time and is not at all optimal if I'm having to edit a plugin with multiple masters.

If anyone could provide any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: for some reason my screencap didn't show in the attached files

Edited by MrBrightside

Alright I now have MO 2. Right now its only seeing the Data folder of FNV. How do I redirect it to see the MO mod files? Or should I just copy/paste everything from MO1 to MO2?

Copy-paste is probably easiest, though you may want to cut and paste if you have a lot of mods and your hard drive space is limited.

I, I think its working. If it is, this could be huge. If I cut and paste everything what will happen to my mod list though? Won't it become jumbled? Should I use LOOT after I transfer everything?

Both mod and plugin order are stored in your MO profile (modlist.txt and plugins.txt).  You can copy those over as well.

List didn't seem to copy over, should I run LOOT? Otherwise I'll just try and sort manually.

Edit: It seems that the left hand pane resembles MO1 as I left it, the right hand pane attempted to put them alphabetically.

Edit: Alright I moved the load order correctly over from MO1

Edited by MrBrightside