New Vegas - Can't install Project Nevada with MO2.

Krongfah

Question

Since this is an issue with NV, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be posting it here but...

I can't seem to install this mod with MO2.
After I select all the modules, the installer just seems to run forever, and not installing the mod at all.
I've installed this hundreds of times on NMM and it worked fine every time.

I've not used MO1 in a long time so I'm not sure if there was an issue with it then too.

8 answers to this question

Actually MO2 is now in a stable condition and is a viable alternative to MO1 for all the 32 bit games. Sorry @Greg, so much testing lately that it moves on at quite a pace.

I have just now tried to install PN with MO2 and it worked flawlessly. Note the snippet from my logs:

09:02:31 [D] mod id guessed: Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z -> -1
09:02:31 [D] passed mod id: 40040, guessed id: -1
09:02:31 [D] using mod name "Project Nevada" (id 40040) -> Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z
09:02:37 [D] running D:\Games\MO2\NCC\NexusClientCLI.exe -g FalloutNV -p "D:\Games\ModOrganizer\FNV\profiles\Test2" -gd "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas" -d "D:\Games\ModOrganizer\FNV\overwrite" -se "5.1.4" -i "E:\Games\ModOrganizer\FNV\downloads\Project Nevada 2_5-40040-2-5.7z" "D:\Games\ModOrganizer\FNV\mods\Project Nevada 2"
09:02:52 [D] brought window to front
09:03:00 [D] Installation successful

You may just need to wait a bit longer on your machine due to some unknown reasons.

If you wish to post your logs here we can examine what is happening.

What kind of logs are you referring to here? Just what appears in the lower console? I can't get a crash dump unless the thing crashes. And I'm not smart enough to get one through other means.

I'm having the same issue in MO2. Waited for over an hour for the thing to complete. I've got the same log info that you do, apart from the Installation Successful part obviously.

I tried downgrading to 2.1.0.1, still the same problem. I'll keep downgrading till I get something that works. No idea what the issue could be. Might be related to hardware setup?

I have recently upgraded my MO2 install and this error has been re-introduced. Not sure which revision did it but a report is made and the devs will look into it.

If you are in a pinch you could use MO 1.3.11 to install that mod and then move the folder from MO1's mods folder to your MO2 install. Kludgy method that will get you up and running until MO2 is fixed.

Okay, first of all I'm sorry for necroposting, but I think this might be useful to people like me, who were wondering if MO2 2.2.0+ has this issue or not. I just tried to install the mod with all modules through MO2 2.2.0, and it installed without an issue. I can't guarantee that it installed correctly and there will be no issues when I try to run this thing, but the issue mentioned in this thread was not present.