Photo

"Multiple Masters" error sorting masters in xEdit

sort clean multiple xedit

Best Answer Mator , 23 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Don't merge plugins that are required by other plugins as masters.  This is a fundamental rule of merging.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 L1Qu1D1

L1Qu1D1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Ok so long time user of step packs, first need to post which am sure this has been answered before but my search came back negative so am sure someone has the answers I need here.

The problem comes from the fact that i've merge the FWE Main and DLCs esps into one so used Wrye Flash to Edit Masters ended up with 4 of the same master in the file header and so when I come to sorting masters I get this error on my UUF3P-FWE patch, although I've done this before I have successfully removed masters in xedit 'right click' remove in header without causing a crash on startup.

This time I need some help and now it has me questioning my previous method so is there a safer way to do this and of course any more info needed just ask.

#2 L1Qu1D1

L1Qu1D1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

Its just as I say, after simply deleting them with xedit I get a crash and I don't think removing records would work either since i'm still using the records I just want to change the master dependancy.

#3 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

So you have removed the missing masters from UUF3P-FWE patch? ie. the plugins for FWE that you now have merged.

What are the masters that you are sorting and in what plugin?

#4 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:47 PM   Best Answer

Don't merge plugins that are required by other plugins as masters.  This is a fundamental rule of merging.

#5 L1Qu1D1

L1Qu1D1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

Seems like Mator has the exact answer but just in case, in Wrye Bash my uuf3p - fwe patch.esp has 4 FO3wanderersMain+DLCs.esp (merged main esp + all FWE DLC patches) as masters, which means I can't sort masters in FO3edit. I also can't remove three of the masters in fo3edit because of a crash reading plugins (FO3 loads but main menu never appears) but I can play without trying to remove the masters.

Anyway I just wanted to ask and see if anybody else has came across this before and if Mator's answer is the best one then it's not much trouble to rebuild my fo3 mod list.

Edited by L1Qu1D1, 24 January 2018 - 08:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sort, clean, multiple, xedit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users