Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

DarkladyLexy, I think you made a cut-n-paste error when you updated the Change Log Entries for yesterday (12/03/18):

• Main Guide - Realistic Water Two - v1.4.4
  • Main Guide - Immersive KS Hairdos - v1.4.4

Realistic Water Two's version number is correct, but Immersive KS Hairdos' current version number is 2.1

Edited by Decopauge123

In German we say "Glück im Unglück" which means something like to have good fortune in a misfortune.

I did the classic "disable all and enable step by step" technique and just out of a mood I dicided to start with turning on some minor interface mods that I never ever would have suspected to be the culprit. With no mods except USEEP SKSE and SkyUI I had no CTD and I didn't expect one with this 15 or so GUI mods, but to my surprise, I crashed. From there it wasn't hard to find moreHUD being behind all this. But that is probably the best way to do this: Test the least suspicious first.

In German we say "Glück im Unglück" which means something like to have good fortune in a misfortune.

I did the classic "disable all and enable step by step" technique and just out of a mood I dicided to start with turning on some minor interface mods that I never ever would have suspected to be the culprit. With no mods except USEEP SKSE and SkyUI I had no CTD and I didn't expect one with this 15 or so GUI mods, but to my surprise, I crashed. From there it wasn't hard to find moreHUD being behind all this. But that is probably the best way to do this: Test the least suspicious first.

Ah, the rub is to figure out which is the least suspicious, isn't it?  :;):

"Glück im Unglück" sounds a lot like the saying  "Every cloud has a silver lining.": meaning that it's possible for something good to come out of a bad situation, and refers to the idea that a silver lining on a dark cloud is an indication that the sun is behind it.

Edited by Decopauge123

If you're looking for something to improve the Soul Cairn, there's two recent NexusSE uploads:  LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul   and   Soul Cairn HD  from which to make a selection.  LupusHegemonia's 'LH's Soul Cairn HD' (1) all 45 vanilla textures in 4K (2K version is planned, but there's isn't much in the SC to cause vram limit problems) and (2) no ESP.  LoD7995's 'Soul Caird HD' (1) comes with/without an ESP; (2) uses only 20 textures.

Another recent upload to NexusSE is luxor8071's Raven Rock HD: (1) A complete, lore friendly (following the default Bethesda Textures) 2k HD Overhaul of Raven Rock taht includes additional new textures.; (2) no ESP.

I'm about to re-run DynDOLOD and will be testing 'LH's Soul Cairn HD' and 'Raven Rock HD', which have no texture conflicts with anything in my current Build.

LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul

Raven Rock HD

Both of these are on my radar but I am also aware of the already high usage of VRAM the guide is already using. I am still accessing Underground - a dungeon texture overhaul (WIP) like what I see so far will need to tweak other mods though but I have notes written out about them. Not really had much interest in playing lately "Girl Flu" still upon me which makes me very lethargic.

Coughing all night really take it out of you.

Lupus puts out several good texture mods.

I agree, which is partly why I'm looking at LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul before Soul Cairn HD .  I also like that LH's mod appears to be (I haven't actually seen it yet) an HD rendition of the Soul Cairn's original look.

LH's Soul Cairn HD - COMPLETE Overhaul

Raven Rock HD

Both of these are on my radar but I am also aware of the already high usage of VRAM the guide is already using. I am still accessing Underground - a dungeon texture overhaul (WIP) like what I see so far will need to tweak other mods though but I have notes written out about them. Not really had much interest in playing lately "Girl Flu" still upon me which makes me very lethargic.

Coughing all night really take it out of you.

OK, DarkladyLexy, I'll do a "side-by-side" comparison of vanilla Soul Cairn and with LH's mod today, and post the results here.  LH has already been asked about a 2K version for the mod, and said that would be done soon, but it may not be necessary.  I'll also do a "side-by-side" comparison of vanilla Raven Rock and with Raven Rock HD (might be tomorrow before I get that done).

Take care of yourself. :thumbsup:

What's the adavntages of these over Noble textures, or Noble don't cover these two areas?

NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K's Description page doesn't list Soul Cairn or Raven Rock as covered assets, and a review of it's provided textures supports that finding.

aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape's Description page states that the mod is a "... texture replacer for Solstheim landscape set , ground rocks moss, NO architecture", which means that it doesn't cover Raven Rock.  A review of the textures provided by the mod confirms this statement.

• +1 1

Good to know. Due to endless loop of modding i never actually gotten to Solstheim and Raven Rock yet. I am still however toying with the idea of some day completing Skyrim.

P.S. Ah... Who am i kidding...

Edited by sm0kem

Hey guys. I am having this weird anomaly with Hunterborn where i randomly find dead WOLF carcass, but when i pick it up it turns into ELK carcas. Not that i am complaining, but still, something is off here. Have anyone experienced something like that?

All mods currently installed will now be ordered based upon the master list downloaded by the tool and the user metadata that was created while installing mods in this guide. However, they may not be in the order the plugins themselves are expecting. To fix this perform the following:

Open SSEEdit in Mod Organizer 2 and click [OK].

Select all ESMs/ESPs and select "Sort Masters".

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

How confident are we about this step? Sounds risky doing it for entire load order at once