Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

"

Grand thanks, that makes sense. Lettng those poor poor NPCs enjoy the benefits of their soon to be loot enchanted gear

"

Haha, yeah, if you dont become wolf food in first 10 min of the game

With all the difficulty enhancers Lexy baked into this, it will be one hell of ride

Grand thanks, that makes sense. Lettng those poor poor NPCs enjoy the benefits of their soon to be loot enchanted gear

I actually have my own C.R patch that's I've been working on for the last few months. It's also absorbs a few smaller mods (that only affect a few records into it) so I won't be using the one here. That said I've checked it out to compare with my own. Its not all that different. Plus if I needed to really use a patch from here that has a dependency I would just clean out the records from it with xEdits 'Report Same as Master' whatever it's called and do it that way.

Well I'll leave out the Undead mods at the moment so.

It's great to have the list here though, as alot has changed since I started (since SE release) so it's great to grab what I have missed

I had been looking for a Build that went beyond STEP, which I had been following.  That is what led me to 'SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn', and while I worked on it, wondered if someone is working on an SSE version of that Build.  In January I went to it's forum, found out about this Build, and haven't looked back.

I've never played as a Lich, but I figure it's might be worth a try at some point.  I had heard of LoTD, but never used it until this Build.  I've started it, and so far have enjoyed it.  I can mod Skyrim on my own, but I can get so much more of of it when I follow a build like DarkladyLaxys's.  This is especially true now that she's added the NPC Enchant fix to the Build.

Edited by Decopauge123

I actually have my own C.R patch that's I've been working on for the last few months. It's also absorbs a few smaller mods (that only affect a few records into it) so I won't be using the one here. That said I've checked it out to compare with my own. Its not all that different. Plus if I needed to really use a patch from here that has a dependency I would just clean out the records from it with xEdits 'Report Same as Master' whatever it's called and do it that way.

Well I'll leave out the Undead mods at the moment so.

It's great to have the list here though, as alot has changed since I started (since SE release) so it's great to grab what I have missed

Hey seanopoo I can vouch for you, I have mostly the same mods as you with the exception of a few, been following your progress since you started a build by Paul (one of the pack authors) and I noticed after that that is was similar to LOTD build by Darth hence my interest in it. never did get to see your CR patch though. so yeah he pretty much knows what he's doing.

Also an update on my EVT lod issue I had, I did a conversion of the Classic version (what a faff) and yes the lods do look better than the SSE version so there is something borked in there, definitely not a placebo either.

"I don't think it matters either way." was the response when I asked matortheeternal in the zEdit Discord channel "Should 'zPatch.esp' be deactivated in MO2's Left Pane before running TEXGEN/DynDOLOD, as is done with 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp'?".

Edit:  I'm going to leave zPatch.esp activated to see if there are any messages about it.

Running TEXTGEN/DynDOLOD with zPatch.esp activated caused it to be processed twice for each run. Each time it was processed, it's 78 masters (for my current build) were listed. The processing produced no output other than the lists of masters in the TEXGEN and DynDOLOD logs. I'm keeping zPatch.esp deactivated for future TEXTGEN/DynDOLOD runs (even if doing so reduces the processing by only a microscopic amount).

It's good that you found a solution that works for you. :thumbsup:

What I curious about is why you had to develop your solution, and if anyone else had the same problem.  I had no problem creating the zPtach.esp, other than not reading the directions and trying to use zEdit v0.3.0 the first time I attempted to create it.  I switched to v0.2.0 and had no further problems creating the ESP.

I'm curious about that myself. I have no Idea why it didn't work the first time. I followed the guide to the letter, and havn't had any problems before. BTW, i'm not a newbie with regard to using the usual modding tools like xedit, wrye etc. Still, i couldn't build this zPatch the "normal" way, but had to find a workaround.....

So I've been debating on character build for this play through and settled on a Bosmer. For one, I've never played this race yet, and two, i can relate to their love of forest and archery. I must have been a wood elf in previous life LOL. But even though he is a Bosmer from game mechanic perspective, for backstory he is actually a mix - his father was a Nord, and his mom was a Bosmer, so he is deeply attached to the Nord ways of living as well as Wood Elves.

Here is his mug shot https://imgur.com/E11CgZG

And backstory:

Two moons ago a Khajiit caravan, smuggling moon sugar and skooma from Elseweyr to Whiterun, found him in a shallow ditch along the main road. Something about his bloodied lifeless body caught an eye of Khajiit elder leading the caravan, and so they picked him up and loaded on a carriage. 

Slowly they nurtured him back to life and his wounds started to heal, but his mind remained empty. He couldn't remember who he is or what has happened to him. All he had was fragments of dreams about his childhood. He kept seeing the same dream every night - a large Nordic house hidden deep in a snowy mountains and surrounded by lush forests. His father teaching him to hunt and live off the land, as well as basic sword and archery technics. His beautiful, young, Bosmer mother teaching him ways of the forest, showing him how to combine basic plants into useful potions, how to process an animal carcasses and to make various useful odds and ends, teaching him to appreciate and be a part of great forest, not to be afraid of it but to embrace it, as it is believed to be biggest ally of Bosmer folk. But those dreams always ended with horrible bloody nightmares that he couldn't comprehend or remember.

Khajiit elder tells him stories of powerful Daedric Prince Vermina who can twist dreams and mind of man and mer. He tells him of dark Vermina priests that can create potions potent enough to completely erase ones memory. He tells him about mages skilled in school of illusion that can control ones mind at will...

Finally after two months of traveling through Skyrim wilderness, caravan had arrived in majestic tundra of Whiterun hold. After camp was setup just outside of great walls of Whiterun, Khajiit elder has told him that he should continue his journey on his own and find his past as well as the future. They gave him a bit of food, clothes, and a few septims to rent a room at the Bannered Mare.

"Until we meet this one again" whispered Khajiit elder and slowly walked away.... 

Our hero is determined to learn as much and as quickly as possible what has happened to him. To understand who he really is and why his memory is failing him. To find his family and the house he sees in his dreams. But first, he must regain his strength and stamina so he can face dangers ahead.
  • +1 1

I'm curious about that myself. I have no Idea why it didn't work the first time. I followed the guide to the letter, and havn't had any problems before. BTW, i'm not a newbie with regard to using the usual modding tools like xedit, wrye etc. Still, i couldn't build this zPatch the "normal" way, but had to find a workaround.....

Understood.  ::):   Ah well, these things have a way of working themselves out.  Enjoy SKyrim!  :dancingbanana: :dance: :celebration: :gnome:

So I've been debating on character build for this play through and settled on a Bosmer. For one, I've never played this race yet, and two, i can relate to their love of forest and archery. I must have been a wood elf in previous life LOL. But even though he is a Bosmer from game mechanic perspective, for backstory he is actually a mix - his father was a Nord, and his mom was a Bosmer, so he is deeply attached to the Nord ways of living as well as Wood Elves.

Here is his mug shot https://imgur.com/E11CgZG

And backstory:

Two moons ago a Khajiit caravan, smuggling moon sugar and skooma from Elseweyr to Whiterun, found him in a shallow ditch along the main road. Something about his bloodied lifeless body caught an eye of Khajiit elder leading the caravan, and so they picked him up and loaded on a carriage. 

Slowly they nurtured him back to life and his wounds started to heal, but his mind remained empty. He couldn't remember who he is or what has happened to him. All he had was fragments of dreams about his childhood. He kept seeing the same dream every night - a large Nordic house hidden deep in a snowy mountains and surrounded by lush forests. His father teaching him to hunt and live off the land, as well as basic sword and archery technics. His beautiful, young, Bosmer mother teaching him ways of the forest, showing him how to combine basic plants into useful potions, how to process an animal carcasses and to make various useful odds and ends, teaching him to appreciate and be a part of great forest, not to be afraid of it but to embrace it, as it is believed to be biggest ally of Bosmer folk. But those dreams always ended with horrible bloody nightmares that he couldn't comprehend or remember.

Khajiit elder tells him stories of powerful Daedric Prince Vermina who can twist dreams and mind of man and mer. He tells him of dark Vermina priests that can create potions potent enough to completely erase ones memory. He tells him about mages skilled in school of illusion that can control ones mind at will...

Finally after two months of traveling through Skyrim wilderness, caravan had arrived in majestic tundra of Whiterun hold. After camp was setup just outside of great walls of Whiterun, Khajiit elder has told him that he should continue his journey on his own and find his past as well as the future. They gave him a bit of food, clothes, and a few septims to rent a room at the Bannered Mare.

"Until we meet this one again" whispered Khajiit elder and slowly walked away.... 

Our hero is determined to learn as much and as quickly as possible what has happened to him. To understand who he really is and why his memory is failing him. To find his family and the house he sees in his dreams. But first, he must regain his strength and stamina so he can face dangers ahead.

Wow, impressive.  You put some thought into this.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Decopauge123

Hey seanopoo I can vouch for you, I have mostly the same mods as you with the exception of a few, been following your progress since you started a build by Paul (one of the pack authors) and I noticed after that that is was similar to LOTD build by Darth hence my interest in it. never did get to see your CR patch though. so yeah he pretty much knows what he's doing.

Also an update on my EVT lod issue I had, I did a conversion of the Classic version (what a faff) and yes the lods do look better than the SSE version so there is something borked in there, definitely not a placebo either.

:;):

Deadly! Yeah it's a nice lil C.R patch but I guess without the dependents (there are a good deal now) it'll be kinda pointless. It acts as C.R patch/smaller combiner, like changing the record for when vampire attacks start etc.

I haven't updated my wee list in ahwile. Will do soon my man

Actually, I took it one step further...I edited every one of the Waterfall/Rapid/River audio files so that they were a lower volume.  BY THE WAY, all of these files are part of Audio Overhaul 2.

It works, but it's a sword over a scalpel type of solution.

So I found a simple fix. The issue comes from RealisticWaterTwo, and the patch for RW2 and Audio Overhaul is included in the Audio Patches Merged.esp. Simply have have Audio Patches Merged.esp load after Realistic Water Two in LOOT and it fixes the issue.