Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

re: 31.3 [Expanded Towns and Cities (SSE)]

First box for the FOMOD instructions is "ESM". The actual choices in the box are "ESM - With MCM" and "ESM - Without MCM"

I believe with is the correct answer, but the instruction should be updated.

fixed.

There is a new version of Real Snow HD.

no there is not it still at v1.2

I'm also crashing when approaching the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Might have something to do with the statue meshes.

Edit: Nevermind, I installed the Stunning Statues mod wrong. What exactly does this line mean "Idiot Check: Make sure you have ss in statuessnow folder name otherwise you will CTD near statues."?

Edited by CyanSol

What exactly does this line mean "Idiot Check: Make sure you have ss in statuessnow folder name otherwise you will CTD near statues."?

Just means make sure you have that folder named correctly. Some people (including me) missed the fact that the folder needs that double -s and were naming it statuesnow instead of statuesSnow. If you do that you'll CTD near statues. Same goes for the LeanWolf Talos Greatsword mod.

First my big thanks for this guide. I have been testing it for days with different mod variations and I think I got it to a point where i feel the game is stable, without CTDs.

I thought I share my observations with the remaining LOTD display mods currently not included in the guide:

1. Wheels of Lull currently does seem to cause CTDs, even after NIF optimization and esp update. Some seem location dependent (can be fixed by extracting bsa and nif optimization), others seem random.
  2. Elemental Dragons as a replacement for KS dragons, splendor and diverse dragons seems to work just fine.
  3. Skyrim Underground seems to work fine.

My Questions to those who have experimented with the three mods and want to share their thoughts:

Is there a specific reason (stability or conflict) why 2) and 3) are not in the guide or is it just a design choice?

Did someone manage to get Wheels of Lull working without CTDs or game-breaking bugs?

Thanks in advance!

re: 38.1 [improved Eyes Skyrim]

Directions include deleting:

Textures/Actors/Character/eyes/eyeargonianvampire*.dds

Textures/Actors/Character/eyes/eyekhajiitvampire.dds

Per the FOMOD instruction to select "None" under Vampire Textures, those files are already not present, and can be removed from the list of deletions.

re: 39.1 [Northborn Scars]

Main file is called Northborn Scars, not NBScars. Does not include a readme.txt to delete.

I am running a slightly modified version of this guide (Essentially using 3D trees in place of EVT and also Obsidian weather with NVT enb). Works great so far but found an issue with blood decals.

Screen_Shot3.png

Screen_Shot2.png

Any idea why there are those decals create a blocky lighter shade?

Did someone manage to get Wheels of Lull working without CTDs or game-breaking bugs?

Here's the problems I fixed in Wheels of Lull that made it so now, Wrye bash doesn't complain about it and you can save it in Creation Kit without it causing Creation Kit to crash.  The game also loads fine with this mod loaded now. However, I haven't had time to playtest the mod in game so, it could still have issues...  

I am using The Wheels of Lull 3.1 Special Edition

Extract .bsa’s

Optimize .nif’s

Fix the 'Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0' error;

1. Open WheelsOfLull.esp in SSE Edit
  2. Right click WheelsOfLul.esp and select Check for Errors.
  3. Around 32 Weapons Records will have errors; 'Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0'
  4. Download and install the Automation Tools for TES5Edit 
  5. It contains a script/tool called ‘AT – QuickChange v2.5’
  6. In SSE EDIT, right click specifically on WheelsOfLull.esp\Weapon and select ‘Apply Script’. 
  7. Select ‘AT – QuickChange v2.5’ click ‘OK’.
  8. Use the ‘Replace’ function from the drop down list.
  9. Fill in the <Path> box with CRDT - Critical Data\Effect  
  10. Delete the contents of the <Find> box so that it has nothing in it. 
  11. Populate <Replace> with NULL - Null Reference [00000000]
  12. click 'OK' to run it!
  13. Exit SSE Edit and save the new .esp (it will be in your Overwrite folder if your using Mod Organizer 2

Fix the '_'s in the FormID List names  ( Here's a Post where I talk a bit about the '_'s in the Form ID Names )

1. Open WheelsOfLull.esp in SSE Edit,
  2. Right click specifically on WheelsOfLull.esp\FormID List and select apply script
  3. Use the the ‘Replace text in EDID and FULL’ script to remove the ‘_’s in the Form ID’s.
  4. Edit the following fields in the script;
  5. StrSearch = '_';
  6. StrReplace = '';
  7. Click OK to run it!
  8. Exit SSE Edit and save it. ( It's in your Overwrite directory if you're using Mod Organizer 2 )

Open WheelsOfLull.esp in Creation Kit and Save it.

They should rename this mod to "The P.I.T.A. Mod"...

Hope this helps

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Finally got around to testing Convenient Horses with EFF, since I didn't implement the new follower mod in use yet - worked perfectly for me, so I might stick with it for now. Is any iAFT and patch-related stuff going to go into the main conflict resolution file in the future?

I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me with a cosmetic problem -- I left out the Bijin, Serana and Valerica mods (as well as the merge, since it includes those) and adjusted Fresh Faces & The Ordinary Women with xEdit to remove some of the modifications - specifically for NPCs they both cover, removing those that I didn't prefer along with the corresponding files from the mod folders. They all work fine.

But I'm encountering the darker face bug with some NPCs - Jenassa and Uthgerd, specifically, from when I checked out Whiterun, though it's probably more than just them. Am I missing a fix for that I would have if I used the full list of mods and the merge? I'm not too fond of some of the Bijin modifications and vastly prefer Serana's vanilla style, so I was hoping to avoid those.

The only other thing I can think of that might be relevant - I installed the Racemenu SSE ... beta? Alpha? since I'm using the full KS Hairdos and it caused a crash during creation without it.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

Edited by VonDoom

Finally got around to testing Convenient Horses with EFF, since I didn't implement the new follower mod in use yet - worked perfectly for me, so I might stick with it for now. Is any iAFT and patch-related stuff going to go into the main conflict resolution file in the future?

Well, that depends if a conflict occurs a needs fixing.

Are you all setting this to?:

[Display]

bEnableImprovedSnow=0

yes through BethINI:

29. Under the Detail, Tab make sure Improved Shader is UNCHECKED.

I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me with a cosmetic problem -- I left out the Bijin, Serana and Valerica mods (as well as the merge, since it includes those) and adjusted Fresh Faces & The Ordinary Women with xEdit to remove some of the modifications - specifically for NPCs they both cover, removing those that I didn't prefer along with the corresponding files from the mod folders. They all work fine.

But I'm encountering the darker face bug with some NPCs - Jenassa and Uthgerd, specifically, from when I checked out Whiterun, though it's probably more than just them. Am I missing a fix for that I would have if I used the full list of mods and the merge? I'm not too fond of some of the Bijin modifications and vastly prefer Serana's vanilla style, so I was hoping to avoid those.

The only other thing I can think of that might be relevant - I installed the Racemenu SSE ... beta? Alpha? since I'm using the full KS Hairdos and it caused a crash during creation without it.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

OK make sure the correct Headparts and tint layers have been forwarded to your merge. Don't forget you need to adjust the NPC Retexture CR. Redo Bash Patch and zEdit patch since they also cover NPCs.