Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Wow, didn't expect a reply so soon! Thank you! I actually didn't do a merge for these and left out Retexture CR because of my omissions. I'll try and see if I can figure out how to adjust the NPC Retexture CR (and re-patch afterwards, thanks for the reminder) once I'm back home.

Ah right. I missed that...

At any rate I've already met an if those prerequisites except for 2. Just wondering.

Why do you need to manually remove that record (ratway) from dawnguard?

Also what does disabling steams overlay do?

The Ratway is a dirty edit that doesn't get removed via the automatic cleaning process.

Removing the Steam Overlay just means I don't get disturbed while playing, I have also found makes things slightly more stable.

I actually have the Steam Overlay turned off as standard nothing more annoying than playing a game and getting messages.

re: 42.1 [bring Out Your Dead]

A particularly petty fix: the text file is named Bring Out Your Dead.txt, no "- Legendary Edition".

re: 44.18 [Greatsword Sheaths and Scabbards Redux SE]

File is under Main Files, not Updates

Edited by shandrakor

Thanks a ton for this most detailed response! will try out and further test!

Here's the problems I fixed in Wheels of Lull that made it so now, Wrye bash doesn't complain about it and you can save it in Creation Kit without it causing Creation Kit to crash.  The game also loads fine with this mod loaded now. However, I haven't had time to playtest the mod in game so, it could still have issues...  

I am using The Wheels of Lull 3.1 Special Edition

Extract .bsa’s

Optimize .nif’s

Fix the 'Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0' error;

1. Open WheelsOfLull.esp in SSE Edit
  2. Right click WheelsOfLul.esp and select Check for Errors.
  3. Around 32 Weapons Records will have errors; 'Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0'
  4. Download and install the Automation Tools for TES5Edit 
  5. It contains a script/tool called ‘AT – QuickChange v2.5’
  6. In SSE EDIT, right click specifically on WheelsOfLull.esp\Weapon and select ‘Apply Script’. 
  7. Select ‘AT – QuickChange v2.5’ click ‘OK’.
  8. Use the ‘Replace’ function from the drop down list.
  9. Fill in the <Path> box with CRDT - Critical Data\Effect  
  10. Delete the contents of the <Find> box so that it has nothing in it. 
  11. Populate <Replace> with NULL - Null Reference [00000000]
  12. click 'OK' to run it!
  13. Exit SSE Edit and save the new .esp (it will be in your Overwrite folder if your using Mod Organizer 2

Fix the '_'s in the FormID List names  ( Here's a Post where I talk a bit about the '_'s in the Form ID Names )

1. Open WheelsOfLull.esp in SSE Edit,
  2. Right click specifically on WheelsOfLull.esp\FormID List and select apply script
  3. Use the the ‘Replace text in EDID and FULL’ script to remove the ‘_’s in the Form ID’s.
  4. Edit the following fields in the script;
  5. StrSearch = '_';
  6. StrReplace = '';
  7. Click OK to run it!
  8. Exit SSE Edit and save it. ( It's in your Overwrite directory if you're using Mod Organizer 2 )

Open WheelsOfLull.esp in Creation Kit and Save it.

They should rename this mod to "The P.I.T.A. Mod"...

Hope this helps

-Xaxilis

Thanks a ton for this most detailed response! will try out and further test!

This part was from memory and I may have told you incorrectly;

1. Right click specifically on WheelsOfLull.esp\FormID List and select apply script

I seem to recall the post I read on it said only CELL and WRLD records. The concern is that '_' is used as a delimiter/separator for quests, custom voices, and other things so, we have to be careful we don't break stuff... Let me research it real quick and get back to you to confirm.

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Let me research it real quick and get back to you to confirm.

-Xaxilis

OK, Just reviewing my previous posts where I quoted other threads;

"[–]YsCordelan 3 points

Updating the editor ID in the CK will update any records that rely on it. So will xEdit IF you let it build reference info on loading (don't press shift when loading)."

Therefore, My original instructions should be fine. When I double checked the edits in SSE Edit, the items referencing the changed FormID's, still referenced them after removing the '_'s.

HOWEVER;

I'm going to re-do removing those '_'s from the FormID's in CK which I trust more.  I also found some other errors in WheelsOfLull.esp that I'm investigating and will need fixed before I do that.

I'll post some updated instructions when I've got it all worked out but, right now I've got to do my bills.  You should see something from me by this evening.

-Xaxilis

OK make sure the correct Headparts and tint layers have been forwarded to your merge. Don't forget you need to adjust the NPC Retexture CR. Redo Bash Patch and zEdit patch since they also cover NPCs.

Just started working on it -- if I create my own NPC Retexture Merge, should I use the clean script on WICO first, or is that covered in the Conflict Resolution file?

Hey! Just finished setting up the guide and everything is looking and running pretty well so far. I can't wait to continue playing and testing. The only thing I have noticed as of yet is that wine/alto wine bottles are missing textures and showing purple. I checked conflicts with rustic clutter and it was not being overwritten by anything else, only overwriting wine bottles provided by LOTD. I tried hiding them and checking again but the problem persists. I also reinstalled rustic clutter and negative results. Thanks in advance if anyone knows a fix.

Edit: Also noticed that there are two Immersive creatures in the MCM. Not sure what that's about.

Edited by buckwild