Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Thanks a ton for this most detailed response! will try out and further test!

I'll post some updated instructions when I've got it all worked out but, right now I've got to do my bills.  You should see something from me by this evening.

OK, good news!  In revisiting the available information on the Wheels of Lull mod, I learned some new things. Most notably that the step I listed; 'Fix the '_'s in the FormID List names' is not needed nor should it be done.

The 'Save Game' error was actually caused by 'EditorID's" not "FormID's. AND the mod author 'TrainWiz' already fixed them in version 3.1! Here's His Post about it.

Next topic; Additional errors in SSE Edit

After doing the 'Fix the 'Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0' error;' procedure this time around, I again ran step #2 'Right click WheelsOfLul.esp and select Check for Errors' and found errors I hadn't noticed before;

_Lull_CaveLever "Lever" [ACTI:0446A26A]

ACTI \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0446A274] < Error: Could not be resolved >
ACTI \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0446A276] < Error: Could not be resolved >
ACTI \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0446A26D] < Error: Could not be resolved >
ACTI \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0446A272] < Error: Could not be resolved >

After some investigation, I found that indeed the FormID's these records reference don't exist.  So, I loaded Oldrim Mod Organizer and pulled up the Oldrim version of WheelsOfLull.esp in TES5Edit.  Ran the 'Check for Errors' function and it showed the same errors.

From this, I'm going to assume that the FormID's were purposely deleted and these references just weren't cleaned up.

I only found one POST about the errors from back in 2015 and nobody responded to it.  I'm guessing that if it was a game breaking issue, someone would have brought it up by now. So, I think they can be left alone.

Although, for my own playthrough, the OCD part of me is going to go ahead and delete them.   If it causes problems, I'll deal with it when it happens.

-Xaxilis
Edited by Xaxilis

Although, for my own playthrough, the OCD part of me is going to go ahead and delete them.   If it causes problems, I'll deal with it when it happens.

OK so, paranoia got the best of me.  I just edited those records and replaced the missing FormID's with 'NULL - Null Reference [00000000]'.  This seemed the safest bet.  

The check for errors function comes back clean and happy now. 

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Xaxiis lol, is that mod really worth the effort, or you're just doing it for fun?

lol Man, I was just asking myself that same question.  It's crashing Creation Kit when I try to save it now....

I'm pretty sure I hate this mod.  I think it's more that, I don't want to let it beat me. 

I got it to save back in February but, that was after I had run the search and replace script, replacing '_' in the entire mod and, this go around, I learned that wasn't the right thing to do.

I'll see if I can't figure it out.  In the mean time I'll stop spamming the thread with constant updates  ::P:

-Xaxilis

Xaxiis lol, is that mod really worth the effort, or you're just doing it for fun?

I guess from a complete museum point of view it would be......But not sure of the hassle having to fix a mod, the mod author themselves haven't addressed..if its them that's ported it to SE. Having played through once, well like Undeath, i can live without it, until the urge and compelling desire to see a full museum kicks in, that is lol

I'm pretty sure I hate this mod.  I think it's more that, I don't want to let it beat me. 

If it makes you feel any better, I think icecreamassassin hated playing it as much as you hate trying to make it work :)

He's since replaced his original scathing review with something merely negative, but oh, boy did he not like it.

lol Man, I was just asking myself that same question.  It's crashing Creation Kit when I try to save it now....

I got it to save back in February but, that was after I had run the search and replace script, replacing '_' in the entire mod and, this go around, I learned that wasn't the right thing to do.

I'll see if I can't figure it out.  In the mean time I'll stop spamming the thread with constant updates  ::P:

-Xaxilis

So, I gave up on trying to get it to save in Creation Kit.  I did some playtesting with just the weapons and Activator record edits I listed.  It loads fine and seems to be working ok.  Although, I only played down to the bottom of the mine where you get into the steamwork looking area.  

This is my first time actually playing that mod. I have to confess, the little I've seen so far looks kinda neat.  Maybe I've just put so much time and effort working on it, my subconscious won't let me dislike it cause I'm too invested.

-Xaxilis

And speaking of iAFT, I can't seem to get it to work on Toccata. The remote tweak options work, but I can't for the life of me get the iAFT dialogue options to show up on her. In classic it would tell me that a follower was now under AFT system and X slots were remaining; I'm not seeing that now (not sure if it just doesn't exist in SSE).

I've tried recruiting through regular means, and force recruiting with the iAFT spell, neither gets the iAFT dialogue to appear. I had the same problem with EFF commands not showing up, and there a save/load would always kick it into showing up, but that fix doesn't work with iAFT. Not sure what's going on.

Edit: Tried recruiting a random NPC and got this --> AFT Warning: TweakRecruitNeutral missing parameter (mod conflict?)

Edited by Tzefira

I have to confess, the little I've seen so far looks kinda neat.  Maybe I've just put so much time and effort working on it, my subconscious won't let me dislike it cause I'm too invested.

There's plenty of folks who have liked it, just wasn't to his taste. There's a section where it takes away all your weapons, and there's a bunch of literally unkillable enemies. It pissed him off pretty fierce.

And speaking of iAFT, I can't seem to get it to work on Toccata. The remote tweak options work, but I can't for the life of me get the iAFT dialogue options to show up on her. In classic it would tell me that a follower was now under AFT system and X slots were remaining; I'm not seeing that now (not sure if it just doesn't exist in SSE).

I've tried recruiting through regular means, and force recruiting with the iAFT spell, neither gets the iAFT dialogue to appear. I had the same problem with EFF commands not showing up, and there a save/load would always kick it into showing up, but that fix doesn't work with iAFT. Not sure what's going on.

Edit: Tried recruiting a random NPC and got this --> AFT Warning: TweakRecruitNeutral missing parameter (mod conflict?)

Derp solved. iAFT has to load after Immersive Citizens, then all seems to be well (so far). Might want to toss that in the LOOT rules section as LOOT put ICAIO after iAFT for me.

So, I gave up on trying to get it to save in Creation Kit.  I did some playtesting with just the weapons and Activator record edits I listed.  It loads fine and seems to be working ok.  Although, I only played down to the bottom of the mine where you get into the steamwork looking area.  

This is my first time actually playing that mod. I have to confess, the little I've seen so far looks kinda neat.  Maybe I've just put so much time and effort working on it, my subconscious won't let me dislike it cause I'm too invested.

-Xaxilis

I've got a WoL .esp that is error free and has been saved in the CK if you guys want a copy.

PM me if interested.