Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

About to test Phoenix ENB Quality option (without Reshade). I noticed there are a few lines in enblocal.ini that need to be edited:

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=true (DELETED)
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240 (DELETED)

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=true (set to false)

FPS limit is already off.

I deleted ForceVideoMemorySize because why should you limit that to 10GB if you have more available? I have 12GB, not much more but still... Anyway Re-Engaged ENB didn't have that setting and was running fine.

Yeah I did the Same even not sure if Boris has implement the VideoMemorySizeMb yet unless it just not needed with SSE.

That second image seems to indicate missing fog/cloud textures? Do reinstall your weather mods from scratch. Did you do the Weather Systems merge? If so, did you tell it to batch-copy all assets, or not?

Thanks for the hint! Batch copy assets is checked and as far as I've seen all the texture-bsas as well as the texture folder is complete in the Weather Systems merge.

What's the advantage of your procedure NOT to copy all assets into the merge? Tbh I don't have much experience with merging mods, because it was never necessary and I've only started with it now because some of the merge files are needed for Lexy's CR. In case of the Weather Systems merge I'll deactivate it and give it a try with the single mods only. We'll see what happens :D

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure - it's been a few years since the last time I did an MO/Skyrim install (certainly before SSE came out) and I don't remember whether that was before or after my most recent PC rebuild.

This thought occurred to me too, so I've had a hunt around in the various likely culprit folders - my games folder, program files, and appdata - and also hit up a few search utils. I can't find any trace of MO anywhere on my system except for where I'd expect. So unless it's really really well hidden that's out!

What's really strange about this problem is that single process applications like LOOT or SSEEdit work absolutely fine. It's only where the initial process that gets launched by MO calls a secondary "child" process that it fails to see the VFS. With zEdit you launch zEdit.exe which in turn calls xEditLib.dll. With SKSE, you launch skse_loader64.exe and that calls Skyrim. I've also replicated the problem by launching cmd.exe from MO2, then CDing to my game directory, and using DIR to see what's there. This works fine, it sees the entire VFS as you would expect. But if I then use that same command window to launch a second (i.e. just run cmd.exe from within the existing command window), the second one can only see the base game. Exit back to the 1st, working fine.  So it's a specific function of MO2 that's not working - extending the VFS to child processes. 

Really weird stuff.

Well, it was a long shot anyway.  You seem to have exhausted the obvious, not-so-obvious and where-did-you-find-that possibilities and it was time to look at the that's-impossible and it-can't-happen possibilities.  Hopefully the MO2 Dev team will be able to help. :confusion:

In case of the Weather Systems merge I'll deactivate it and give it a try with the single mods only. We'll see what happens :D

Ok, the good news is that the graphical issues are resolved. Although I do not understand why it's working now and did not in case of the merged file, where all the textures was included. The only issue left is the CTD as soon as I fast travel to Whiterun stables. But I think that could be because of the other merges I've created the same way as the Weather Systems merge. So what's the "best" and safest way to merge all those files again please? What should I pay special attention to concerning the textures issue?

And one more question: Any experiences with H.P.P. (High Poly Project) and this guide?

Edited by filiusDei

About to test Phoenix ENB Quality option (without Reshade). I noticed there are a few lines in enblocal.ini that need to be edited:

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=true (DELETED)
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240 (DELETED)

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=true (set to false)

FPS limit is already off.

I deleted ForceVideoMemorySize because why should you limit that to 10GB if you have more available? I have 12GB, not much more but still... Anyway Re-Engaged ENB didn't have that setting and was running fine.

Yeah I did the Same even not sure if Boris has implement the VideoMemorySizeMb yet unless it just not needed with SSE.

godescalcus' post brings up a question that occurred to me after the recent upgrade of ENB Series to v0.334:  How do we decide which INI file settings to keep and which ones to ignore when replacing/updating an ENB INI file?

Step 3 of the [ENB Series] Special instructions tells us: Place the d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46e.dll, and enblocal.ini into the Main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

That action will replace the enblocal.ini file that was in the Main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.  I know that Step 4 of the Instructions say to edit ForceVSync in the enblocal.ini file.  My question is directed at all the other settings replaced by the cut-n-paste operation.

Steps 1/2 of the [skyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB] Special Instructions tell us to

1. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 1. Default Version (Install 1st always) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  2. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 2. Vivid Weathers Users (Install 2nd)\Quality Version (Good Image) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

Each of these Copy and Paste actions replaces he enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini files in the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

Until the recent upgrade of ENB Series to v0.334, I always followed directions.  Now I'm asking questions.

Edited by Decopauge123

Playing so far with the current update and it's amazing! But I can't help but think of how far I want to go without MorrowLoot installed. 

Any estimate on when Morrowloot is going to be added to the pack?

thanks for everything! 

Morrowloot is in testing there a discussion on Discord about plus some others thing I am testing.

godescalcus' post brings up a question that occurred to me after the recent upgrade of ENB Series to v0.334:  How do we decide which INI file settings to keep and which ones to ignore when replacing/updating an ENB INI file?

Step 3 of the [ENB Series] Special instructions tells us: Place the d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46e.dll, and enblocal.ini into the Main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

That action will replace the enblocal.ini file that was in the Main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.  I know that Step 4 of the Instructions say to edit ForceVSync in the enblocal.ini file.  My question is directed at all the other settings replaced by the cut-n-paste operation.

Steps 1/2 of the [skyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB] Special Instructions tell us to

1. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 1. Default Version (Install 1st always) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.
  2. Copy and Paste the contents of the folder 2. Vivid Weathers Users (Install 2nd)\Quality Version (Good Image) to the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

Each of these Copy and Paste actions replaces he enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini files in the main Skyrim Special Edition Directory.

Until the recent upgrade of ENB Series to v0.334, I always followed directions.  Now I'm asking questions.

well, really when you install the enbseries you do need the enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini cos without it your can't test as you go. Once you reach the part where you actually install the enb all those can be overwritten you need just need to remember to tweak  ForceVSync=false (But only if running vsync by the driver).

Playing so far with the current update and it's amazing! But I can't help but think of how far I want to go without MorrowLoot installed.

...or with Skyrim Revamped - Loot and Encounter Zones, which is really awesome, especially when combined with Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul :)

Is it unavoidable SE behaviour to have nights as bright as day if merely one of the moons is up, or is some bad configuration of the ENB/weather/lighting mods? I did exactly as it says in the guide and at night, with rain and all, I can see almost as if it were day, only the color palette seems more blueish and less saturated. The fact that there are clouds doesn't make any difference. Only when both moons set do I get a more realistic dark night. Have you tried Vivid Weathers + Re-Engaged without True Storms? Maybe the compatibility isn't as straightforward as it seemed.

I haven't installed any ENB presets (just did the steps in Prerequisites) and I am also having bright nights, as well as other funky visual glitches related to vivid weather.

If I load the game and change the vivid weather settings in-game (MCM or book) like bloom, saturation etc, things change as they should, however overtime, during the same session they start glitching. For example bloom on setting 3 starts making a blinding white sky, after maybe 30 minutes of gaming. Switching back to Bloom-2  (default) fixes it but all the settings are then rendered useless, either having no effects or glitchy effects. If I save, quit the game, and load again, I can change the vivid weather settings again to my liking but eventually, it glitches again. I tried filmic and classic version of vivid weathers.

It is a weird one so I just gave up on changing Vivid weather settings. I am considering redoing the weather mods + merge completely, again, or trying an ENB preset on top of it and see if it changes anything. I had more or less the same concern as Decopauge123 regarding the ENB ini settings

...or with Skyrim Revamped - Loot and Encounter Zones, which is really awesome, especially when combined with Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul :)

those are also currently in testing and being discussed on Discord

I haven't installed any ENB presets (just did the steps in Prerequisites) and I am also having bright nights, as well as other funky visual glitches related to vivid weather.

If I load the game and change the vivid weather settings in-game (MCM or book) like bloom, saturation etc, things change as they should, however overtime, during the same session they start glitching. For example bloom on setting 3 starts making a blinding white sky, after maybe 30 minutes of gaming. Switching back to Bloom-2  (default) fixes it but all the settings are then rendered useless, either having no effects or glitchy effects. If I save, quit the game, and load again, I can change the vivid weather settings again to my liking but eventually, it glitches again. I tried filmic and classic version of vivid weathers.

It is a weird one so I just gave up on changing Vivid weather settings. I am considering redoing the weather mods + merge completely, again, or trying an ENB preset on top of it and see if it changes anything. I had more or less the same concern as Decopauge123 regarding the ENB ini settings

do realize that Vivid weather MCM doesn't work on all enbs

What's the advantage of your procedure NOT to copy all assets into the merge? 

No advantage at all, besides not having to trust that Merge Plugins Standalone does the right thing. If you tested your mods prior to the merge and all was working, it's unnecessary to copy assets around. If you do copy and don't uninstall the original mods, you'll end with duplicate assets in MO2's mods folder. Nothing game-breaking, just a waste of drive space (in my case SSD space for Skyrim and Skyrim SE is premium). If you choose to uninstall the original mods to avoid this duplication, it'll be more of a hassle in the future if you decide to change that merge. Mind that since this guide is constantly updating, I prefer to leave the original mods, with their assets in palace, just the esp's moved to optional. That way, updating a merge is just a matter of moving those esp's back from optional, add, remove and/or move things around and rebuild the merge.

those are also currently in testing and being discussed on Discord

do realize that Vivid weather MCM doesn't work on all enbs

True of Phoenix ENB ;) But as far as I've seen, I like Phoenix. More about texture noise than color, everything seems more "textured" compared with Re-Engaged (a big difference in snow textures) - but colors are definitely less saturated. And nights are working for me, so far. 

well, really when you install the enbseries you do need the enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini cos without it your can't test as you go. Once you reach the part where you actually install the enb all those can be overwritten you need just need to remember to tweak  ForceVSync=false (But only if running vsync by the driver).

Yea, good point, DarkladyLexy.  I needed to 'take a step back' and look at the whole picture. :thumbsup:

Edited by Decopauge123

True of Phoenix ENB ;) But as far as I've seen, I like Phoenix. More about texture noise than color, everything seems more "textured" compared with Re-Engaged (a big difference in snow textures) - but colors are definitely less saturated. And nights are working for me, so far. 

Cool, I have been thinking about switching the guide to Phoenix since that what I am using now. I Personally using the Performance version of the ENB (Was using ENB + Reshade but was persuaded to switch and I am very glad I did).

My procedure for all merges was to NOT copy all assets into the merge directory (untick the option in Merge Plugins Standalone - it still copies assets that need to be renamed in order to work with the merge). After the merge is finished, placed in the left pane according to the guide and activated, I go through all of the original mods and move only the merged plugins into the optional plugins tab. That way the merged plugin will have all the needed assets in MO2's virtual file system, provided by the original mods. It doesn't matter at all that they come from other mods, as long as they're installed.

Ok, thanks again. Just to be sure: did you mean to uncheck "batch copy assets" in the Merging tab, or uncheck "copy general assets" in the Integration tab, or both?

I was trying to rebuild the Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged, but with only the batch copy assets option unchecked I still get all the folders for meshes, scripts and textures. So I'm assuming that it could be a good idea to uncheck the copy general assets option as well?

And is it safe just to hide the merged plugins, instead of moving them into the optional plugins tab? I don't think that there will in practice be any difference, right?