Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Having two problems that are likely related. Having a problem getting Merge Plugins to detect TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg (papyrus Flags path). 

I've extracted the Scripts.zip into the /Data folder. The TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg is in its place. I tried entering it manually (...\Skyrim Special Edition\data\Scripts\Source\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg) to no avail.

The second, more worrisome, problem: "Handle script fragments" (on the Merging tab) check box is greyed out, unclickable. I have all other settings mirroring 

MO2 is in portable mode. I made sure to wait until the background loader finished. I've set up my options and saved them, closed the program, reopened and waited for the background loader to finish before jumping back in. All the settings I was able to adjust were the same as when I saved. Still can't click the checkbox next to "Handle script fragments."

Nevermind, problem solve. My dislexia got the better of me and it's supposed to be "/Source/Scripts/" instead of "/Scripts/Source/". Heh

Edited by Sairven

Having two problems that are likely related. Having a problem getting Merge Plugins to detect TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg (papyrus Flags path). 

I've extracted the Scripts.zip into the /Data folder. The TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg is in its place. I tried entering it manually (...\Skyrim Special Edition\data\Scripts\Source\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg) to no avail.

The second, more worrisome, problem: "Handle script fragments" (on the Merging tab) check box is greyed out, unclickable. I have all other settings mirroring 

MO2 is in portable mode. I made sure to wait until the background loader finished. I've set up my options and saved them, closed the program, reopened and waited for the background loader to finish before jumping back in. All the settings I was able to adjust were the same as when I saved. Still can't click the checkbox next to "Handle script fragments."

Nevermind, problem solve. My dislexia got the better of me and it's supposed to be "/Source/Scripts/" instead of "/Scripts/Source/". Heh

That's might not be your dyslexia, there is a typo in the linked image guide at https://imgur.com/a/nDpxe which shows it as /Scripts/Source/.

No, the image is correct it is actaully meant to be /Scripts/Source/ Bethesda packed the CK Scripts wrong and of course never fixed it. However that shoudln't matter to Merge Plugins or the CK it matter if you use the CK for scripting work. which we don't

Hopefully the MO2 Dev team will be able to help. :confusion:

Just wanted to follow up on this in case you all were interested. It turns out I found a bug in MO2! It looks as though MO2 fails in the way I've described if your MO2 install path is *exactly* 63 characters long. One character more or less and everything works fine, but with exactly 63 characters in the path the VFS fails. 

Not surprising I was the only one to have seen it crop up!

Ok, thanks again. Just to be sure: did you mean to uncheck "batch copy assets" in the Merging tab, or uncheck "copy general assets" in the Integration tab, or both?

I was trying to rebuild the Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged, but with only the batch copy assets option unchecked I still get all the folders for meshes, scripts and textures. So I'm assuming that it could be a good idea to uncheck the copy general assets option as well?

And is it safe just to hide the merged plugins, instead of moving them into the optional plugins tab? I don't think that there will in practice be any difference, right?

What I meant is I uncheck "copy general assets" and DO NOT uncheck "batch copy assets". The latter is a more stable way for Merge Plugins to do its job. It's the "copy general assets" that's telling it to copy everything, so uncheck only that one if you want to leave the original mods' assets in place.

Just wanted to follow up on this in case you all were interested. It turns out I found a bug in MO2! It looks as though MO2 fails in the way I've described if your MO2 install path is *exactly* 63 characters long. One character more or less and everything works fine, but with exactly 63 characters in the path the VFS fails. 

Very Interesting! :thumbsup:

Now that is one weird bug. Have you reported this to the devs on discord so they can investigate this issue?

I see a user called Kal on Discord but I don't recall that issue ever coming up.

EDIT:

I have however noticed this discussion in @Mator's Discord.

To be clear the actual issue is NOT to have MO2 installed into the game folder, regardless of the length of the path.

Hi you guys, I have couple question :)

Losgrak hi! In terms of Project AHO, that's up to Lexy...however as this guide is essentially built around Legacy of the Dragonborn, and this clear statement from Icecreamassassin: About Project AHO

"This mod looks amazing but I am going to cut you all off at the knees BEFORE people start asking, because they will very shortly be asking; "Are you going to add museum support for Project AHO" and the answer is not right away. I am focused 100% on Odyssey now and if someone wants to talk to me directly via PM about making a patch for display support, I'd be happy to talk, but I have not played the mod yet, I have no idea what it involves and I do not have the time to do it myself, so PLEASE do not ask about it here, thanks."

So unless someone is going to step forward to make patches for both the museum and guide i(personally) don't think so..BUT AS SAID THAT'S LEXY'S CHOICE

1. Has any of you tried this? Does this mod have any incompatibilities with this guide? I would love to play AHO on my actual gameplay, but I'm afraid it's gonna break my game.

2. I am a bit confused about WICO - first we have this:

[WICO cleanup script]

CORE WICO cleanup script - V2.5b - by Hishy
Files to download :
MAIN FILES - Hishy_NPC_RecordForwarding.pas
Special installation: Extract to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts. Then go to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder

And later in the guide we have this:
Before you do anything else Download Striped BSA for default settings from WICO cleanup script. 
extract the archive and place WICO - Immersive People.bsa in WICO - Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul overwrite when asked.

What should I do with cleanup script? Should I run it through TESEdit, or replacing bsa is enough?

I take you mean Wheels of Lull? you can and it should but personally, I wouldn't The Wheels of Lull is a broken mess on SSE.

You mean mod is broken mess? Problem with quest? Console command required? Or does it effect "vanilla - modded" game? 

I take you mean Wheels of Lull? you can and it should but personally, I wouldn't The Wheels of Lull is a broken mess on SSE.

4. I forgot to clean esm's after last Skyrim update. Is it save to do this now? I'm way into Legacy questline.
Edited by my_summertim

I see a user called Kal on Discord but I don't recall that issue ever coming up.

EDIT:

I have however noticed this discussion in @Mator's Discord.

To be clear the actual issue is NOT to have MO2 installed into the game folder, regardless of the length of the path.

I worked initially with AL12 in #Issue Reports, but later directly with Erasmux to find the fix, most of it was done through DMs.

It has nothing to do with MO2 being installed in the game directory - mine wasn't, for example. It was explicitly tied to the length of the MO2 base path string. After several dll builds with increasingly specific logging hard-coded, we proved it in the end by deleting a single character from my MO2 folder name which fixed the problem.

Erasmux has now found the bug and generated a fixed version of the dlls (this is the "don't use except if asked to for testing" version posted recently in #builds) but it's forked currently from the patch 2 builds so still has the crash bug (most external tools like LOOT crash on launch.) I would imagine they'll merge the changes in later today.

Getting an odd CTD at night time only in the area of the road west of Gjukar's Monument and south of Rorikstead.  There are no landmarks (on the map) in this general area and it was only occurring at night.  Could it be a creature spawn that was causing this?

If I ran along the road toward Rorikstead or approached the area of the road from the countryside I would crash.  I waited until daytime. Mapped to Rorikstead and ran the general area and suffered no crashes.  Weird.