Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Had this twice. Usually after i had some heavy fighting ingame and my laptop was struggeling. But i think it's a MO2 thing (although i can't prove it). When this happened i usually close MO2, start it again and everything is fine again

I read about both possible causes (heavy scripting moment, MO2). Also a lot of people "blaming" SKSE64 for it, others stating that it prevents it. Arthmoor suggests it might also be tied to bad ports (either from using plugins in form 43, which I don't, or with old record versions, which I have at least couple of (Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR patch and some other plugin that I don't remember now both pop warnings when rebuilding the bashed patch, saying that some record has the wrong size. I didn't bother to correct it since I don't know how and it doesn't abort the process anywhay). Arthmoor also suggested at some point it could be the return of al old "directory thrashing bug (here, read first comment) that caused this on heavy builds when you had more that a given number of esp's inside the data folder; that being the reason why the ghosting feature of wrye bash was created. In MO2, the unticked esp's (in my case, only those that were merged into the bashed patch) are still placed in the virtual data folder, only excluded from the load list. 

I've been saying this from the start. It's probably nothing, it's probably everything. But I don't let Wyre Merge my mods, I do it myself for sanity reasons, for neatness and so I can easily remove the plugins from my L.O before I run Wyre.

Plus Wyre can sometimes merge things that are a tad questionable

While I have ya in case you might have missed the memo about The Great Equaliser I posted two pages back.

It Equalises True Soldiers so you have to add that to the exclusion list or manually forward the record afterward

I've been saying this from the start. It's probably nothing, it's probably everything. But I don't let Wyre Merge my mods, I do it myself for sanity reasons, for neatness and so I can easily remove the plugins from my L.O before I run Wyre.

Plus Wyre can sometimes merge things that are a tad questionable

While I have ya in case you might have missed the memo about The Great Equaliser I posted two pages back.

It Equalises True Soldiers so you have to add that to the exclusion list or manually forward the record afterward

yes I did see your message, to be honest, I will probably drop True Soldiers in my next round of updates. Yes, I know you don't let Wrye Bash Merge your mods. I was actually speaking with Mator and he suggests the same thing for Smash so I might look into implementing that myself (I have just been too lazy to do it. I need to work what mods actaully merge into the Bash Patch). 

Also Just so everyone is aware of my plans I will be dropping AAE. OBIS and HLE SIC in favour of Skyrim Revamped Enemy Complete Overhaul and Know your enemy combo. This will mean I will have to issue a new CR and New NPC Retexture CR.

Know your Enemy will be optional I will also mean a tweak to the animal Merged.

Kneph13, on 25 Apr 2018 - 3:14 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm lost with all those SSEEdit blocks and sub-blocks and honestly don't know how to find the correct references to remove

Don't let it unnerve you, I'll take a look at Followers and NPC - Conflict resolution and tell you how to do it when I get home.

That would be great, thanks :)

...stuff & things

I use that combo, it's wonderful. I really like standing on the outside of a crypt and realising I've no silver but remembering that

Axes are good against the undead and maces against Skellies

so I'll be good in a pinch.

I'm still finding my ground in SRCEO but I was never happy with AAE, OBIS, RoTE etc so it's nice to have in the L.O

I have the populated series in there to boot but I'm considering trottling it back to just the civil war/ towns one as it can be a lil tough especially at the earlier levels. Though it does add some surprises to otherwise well trodden paths. Like a random Drugr behind Arvel The Swift ( Bleakfalls Webbed Guy), stuff like that keeps you on yer toes

Anywhos, I'll let ya get back to it so

Edited by uncleseano

Some of the recent model and texture mods have led me to a sort of conclusion: a lot of pretty HD 3d models (trees, meshes in general) are being done that look great themselves, but don't blend into the game that well (don't want to name any because it's not the actual purpose of my post). In the same way, a lot of HD textures are out there that look great when looked at closely, but seem displaced when looking at the big picture, they don't blend so well with rocks, mountains, roads, grass. Most of the fieldgrass*.dds fall into this category, they're either too vibrant, or have large elements that tile if you take a step back. It makes me admire Bethesda's original work: probably not the most striking texture set, but the whole thing blends in a way that no replacement I've tried could even closely match. This is for exterior/landscape textures, interiors and dungeon texture sets are usually much more coherent. For that reason, after trying many popular replacement sets, I removed most, removed landscape textures from sets like Noble and stuck with Simply Optimized Textures for landcape in general.

One further comment about trees: is it just me, or has anybody else noticed how pine tree trunks look too simplistic with Enhanced Vanilla Trees? They're all the same, simple cylinders (or very tall cones) that have UV maps wrapped around them in a spiralling pattern that's simply too noticeable - maybe that allows for smaller textures to be applied in a way that simulates a higher resolution, but seems irrealistic and lighting doesn't reflect very naturally on them...

Do try, if you will, simple vanilla pine meshes with HQ tree bark for comparison.

First of all, thank you all for your continuing hard work. You have produced a fantastic resource here for modders of all skill levels. DarkladyLexy and Darth_mathias I stand in awe of your skills.

I have installed the LLOTDSE over the last three days and worked out most of the kinks. I have one texture glitch that is bugging me, and I cannot find what mod is causing it.

Here is a small gallery of images.

[spoiler=Blue Rock Bug]

aH5RjlX.jpg

xEo2VdsxEo2Vds

xEo2Vds

First of all, thank you all for your continuing hard work. You have produced a fantastic resource here for modders of all skill levels. DarkladyLexy and Darth_mathias I stand in awe of your skills.

I have installed the LLOTDSE over the last three days and worked out most of the kinks. I have one texture glitch that is bugging me, and I cannot find what mod is causing it.

mmmm Not sure but look to Majestic Mountain or maybe Landscape Overhaul HD there the main that deal with rock ice and snow now.

[spoiler=Blue Rock Bug]

aH5RjlX.jpg

xEo2VdsxEo2Vds

xEo2Vds

I had that exact same problem, Anubitz. I was in the process of figuring it out when I ran into an issue with CTDs in any city (including Morthal, Riverwood, etc.) and got distracted by that bigger problem so I haven't found a solution for the blue rocks yet. I think Lexy is right; Majestic Mountains caused me trouble in the past, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little fiddling. IMHO those sexy textures are worth it!

If anyone is interested, the CTDs were caused by WICO's .esps, whether in the NPC Retexture Merge or standalone. I can't for the life of me figure out why (WICO is a fine mod that shouldn't cause issues if you install it right), so I'm just building my own little merged patch with all the .esps from the NPC Retexture Merge minus WICO for now.  :cursing:

Had this twice. Usually after i had some heavy fighting ingame and my laptop was struggeling. But i think it's a MO2 thing (although i can't prove it). When this happened i usually close MO2, start it again and everything is fine again

The saves are not really corrupt, somehow they get marked that they are.  MO2 is not the problem as people have had the same problem with NMM.  Like someone else said, some people blame having form 43 mods in the load.  I made some unorthodox changes to Skyrim.ini I read about and have not had that problem since then.

I had that exact same problem, Anubitz. I was in the process of figuring it out when I ran into an issue with CTDs in any city (including Morthal, Riverwood, etc.) and got distracted by that bigger problem so I haven't found a solution for the blue rocks yet. I think Lexy is right; Majestic Mountains caused me trouble in the past, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little fiddling. IMHO those sexy textures are worth it!

If anyone is interested, the CTDs were caused by WICO's .esps, whether in the NPC Retexture Merge or standalone. I can't for the life of me figure out why (WICO is a fine mod that shouldn't cause issues if you install it right), so I'm just building my own little merged patch with all the .esps from the NPC Retexture Merge minus WICO for now.  :cursing:

When you installed WICO you use the stripped out BSA's? and then extracted said BSA's?