Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

No, you just copy them in the new folder according to the instructions KYE Patches. The files to merge are mentioned below that in Files to merge:

Ok i will copy/paste (instead of cut/paste) them over to Kye Patches Merged. Thanks for your help!

Ok i will copy/paste (instead of cut/paste) them over to Kye Patches Merged. Thanks for your help!

No, that's still not right. All the files should stay where they are in KYE Patches; the only time you cut and paste them is when you are creating the KYE Patches folder in the first place, as per the instructions.

You merge two of the files in Animals Merged and the rest in KYE Patches Merged, but you don't need to do any copy/cut and paste as part of that process.

Once you've completed both those merges you can just disable the "KYE Patches" mod as the original esps aren't needed any more.

Edited by Kal

No, that's still not right. All the files should stay where they are in KYE Patches; the only time you cut and paste them is when you are creating the KYE Patches folder in the first place, as per the instructions.

You merge two of the files in Animals Merged and the rest in KYE Patches Merged, but you don't need to do any copy/cut and paste as part of that process.

Once you've completed both those merges you can just disable the "KYE Patches" mod as the original esps aren't needed any more.

yeah i think i managed to figure it out :)

Those two esps were 'ticked' as a reminder in Merge Plugins that they were already part of another merge anyway.

Them being pasted in the Kye Patches was kind of pointless, because they werent acting as masters nor were they needed for the merge - so i either manually remove them from Kye Patches or i set them as optional esps in MO2 or i simply untick Kye Patches.

So in the end they just get deactivated again anyway, which is fine as they're already in Animals Merged.

Thanks Kal

so i either manually remove them from Kye Patches or i set them as optional esps in MO2 or i simply untick Kye Patches.

For what it's worth, what I tend to do is after I complete each merge, I mark all the .esps that were included in that merge as optional. Then any mods which MO marks as no longer including any used files (italics) I disable.

Strictly speaking this is unnecessary overkill particularly as we use copy assets in the merge, but I find it helps me to keep a handle on what's going on :)

For what it's worth, what I tend to do is after I complete each merge, I mark all the .esps that were included in that merge as optional. Then any mods which MO marks as no longer including any used files (italics) I disable.

Strictly speaking this is unnecessary overkill particularly as we use copy assets in the merge, but I find it helps me to keep a handle on what's going on :)

Oh! the italics and the red X appear on that mod in the left pane right? I did that at first but i thought i was getting a bit cocky.

I figured that would only happen if all the .esps in that mod were made redundant because of the merge, but if an .esp remains because it wasnt used in the merge then the mod wouldnt mark in italics... that could catch you off guard one day you know :P

I finished the updating process, but I discovered a pretty big mistake that is present in my current save - because of my carelessness I forgot to activate KYE Patches Merged previously, even though I created it. Now its activated, but I don't know what to expect. Is my save file doomed?

Hey guys just started with this modding guide and having alot of fun but ran into a little roadblock   ::):

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE is updated to 3.0 today it looks like alot of patches are removed.

I will continue with the guide and keep an eye out for a update on this mod.

Edited by kailan

Slightly OT but, I was reading an interview with Mike Laidlaw (of Bioware/Mass Effect/Jade Empire/Dragon Age) and found this very interesting fact ^_^

"People like to overplay the idea development studios are hostile or antagonistic to one another," he says. "Like, that somewhere I have a Skyrim shrine because how dare they create a great game? No! I love Skyrim. I'm the guy who followed the Skyrim Revisited mod pack. It literally took me three nights to install 175 mods. There was a mod where I put level of detail models for trees into the game, and then ran a fan-made processor that made the level of details for those models and integrated them into the game. My Skyrim is amazing. I love it. It's a great game. And it's worth putting that kind of time in just to see how far the mod community can take it.
  • +1 2

Hey guys just started with this modding guide and having alot of fun but ran into a little roadblock   ::):

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE is updated to 3.0 today it looks like alot of patches are removed.

I will continue with the guide and keep an eye out for a update on this mod.

I will likely be doing an update tomorrow we have had Darth's Sister here for a few days so I am a little bit behind on recent update stuff.

Slightly OT but, I was reading an interview with Mike Laidlaw (of Bioware/Mass Effect/Jade Empire/Dragon Age) and found this very interesting fact ^_^

See everyone Loves Neo even major developers.

I finished the updating process, but I discovered a pretty big mistake that is present in my current save - because of my carelessness I forgot to activate KYE Patches Merged previously, even though I created it. Now its activated, but I don't know what to expect. Is my save file doomed?

I've decided to just restart, with all the changes with the merged conflict resolution, updated major mods, and mistakes I've done, I feel like I might regret it later if I don't restart now. I just hope I won't have to restart again in two weeks  :lol:

I've decided to just restart, with all the changes with the merged conflict resolution, updated major mods, and mistakes I've done, I feel like I might regret it later if I don't restart now. I just hope I won't have to restart again in two weeks  :lol:

yes, you will cos I will do another huge update that will break a zillion mods Update every single I made and then a few days later change my mind again. :rofl: :bleh:  In all seriousness, I have no major changes in the pipeline (Unless kryptopyr suddenly decided to drop her mods on us).