Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Shabdez and Blackjackel hi! From the time you press "New" game, All mods in your load order, have there information baked into you game save, literally from the start...hence as you know the golden rule to not remove mods on a play through(what you have, is what you end with).

Do you know what settings turn on logging? With SLE I used the save game cleaner, which fixed most of my problems, but very occasionally if I'd get a CTD, I could figure out what was causing it by looking at the log.

I'm so not looking forward to updating LOTD. I do have saved games since I did default saves as I tested and configured the menus. I know that's probably one of the most complicated mods out there, but I really wish the author could find a way to update it without having to clean scripts. (Granted, it's better than the one time I looked at a version and it said you could only install it on a new game.)

Speaking of, I was looking at the LOTD MCM menu and noticed that all the displays are unchecked. Are those for enabling them at the start, but they'll still be enabled when we get the right items? (Only vaguely related, I agree with Leonard/Gopher and wish there was an option to be able to access the museum without having to fetch a million things first like it used to be.)

BTW, I love the help text in there for "Spiders and bugs enabled?" "When disabled, all Legacy added spiders and chaurus are replaced with non... spidery... things." LOL That's how Inigo first won me over. He asked me something about how I feel about spiders, and me being seriously arachnophobic (and figures I live in north-central Florida where we get spiders in the house the size of my palm or larger), I told him I didn't like them. He told me not to worry then, that he'd kill the spiders for me. :heart:  And once he was chopping wood and said something about imagining he was chopping up spiders. I seem to remember there's a mod that replaces all the spiders with bears or something like that. I'm really curious how that affects the ones that drop from the ceiling... (Then again, I'm used to horses falling from the sky, so...)

I know I'm always recommending mods that near zero of you probably care about, but since we have all of these town/village mods, I HIGHLY suggest checking out Ebonvale Settlement. Almost every building is a specialized shop (one run by a Khajiit even - I don't think I've ever seen that!), there's a really pretty customized inn that has crafting equipment in most of the rooms, and a nice, not too fancy player home. (I consoled myself the key, I forgot to ask the cost.) And you have your own, um, ghost housecarl (?). I thought it was weird at first that there were static wardrobes, but when I talked to him, he told me there's a quest to open up some secret rooms.

It's between Whiterun and Riverwood. My only real complaints are that an ebony mine is a bit too convenient, and it conflicts with both Snapneck Shack and Hunter's Treehouse (I think they're on the same tree), which I was planning to use as a temp home for my Breton. But there's always Anise's place.

Edit: Oh yeah, it also has trainers for almost everything, and at least a couple of potential followers.

Edited by OCDCoder

My favorite player home mod is Rayek's End. I absolutely love it and it is new and improved for SSE.  I am anxious to get to the point where you get the safe house for LotD and see what that is like.  One of several things I have never done in Skyrim is build a Hearthfire home.  To those of you that have, is it worth it?  Best Ebony mine I have found is in the Orc Stronghold near Boethia's Shrine.  The Orc's will fuss about you being there, but they won't do nothing as you mine all their ebony!  LoL

Thanks for the mention of the You Tuber @OCDCoder!  That is a very amusing let's play she has going on.

Edited by Kneph13

My favorite player home mod is Rayek's End. I absolutely love it and it is new and improved for SSE.  I am anxious to get to the point where you get the safe house for LotD and see what that is like.  One of several things I have never done in Skyrim is build a Hearthfire home.  To those of you that have, is it worth it?  Best Ebony mine I have found is in the Orc Stronghold near Boethia's Shrine.  The Orc's will fuss about you being there, but they won't do nothing as you mine all their ebony!  LoL

Thanks for the mention of the You Tuber @OCDCoder!  That is a very amusing let's play she has going on.

Hearthfire homes: Is it worth it? Sure not if you use your favorite playerhome mod anyway - as I do. I always build the three homes however just for completeness, but it is actually not worth the trouble IMO. Takes a ton of ressources to build, even more so if you also take care for the funiture yourself. And if you have the housecarl buy the stuff for you, it takes him an eternity to fill the home. You can speed up the process by finding the border of the home cell and repetedly walk in and out, but that is quite a chore.

....  One of several things I have never done in Skyrim is build a Hearthfire home.  To those of you that have, is it worth it?  ...

I enjoy building a Hearthfire home, feels like you're a real pioneer.

The author Shezrie has some quality of life improvement mods to consider, like converting the back room (not north wing) to a kitchen with oven & labeled (not sorted) storage containers as well as some choice variance to the usual wing construction options. Improved Hearthfire Lighting properly tweaks all HF homes, I'm not sure other lighting mods touch that.

Tranquil Winstad Manor is also very nice and uses some dunmer lanterns in it's mild exterior additions. If your looking to go full imperial villa, it's all about Lakeview Avant Garden for a deluxe exterior treatment. OCDcoder gave links to some of Ghastley's Hearthfire style house mods which worth checking out, but not actual HF DLC homes. Oh, General Stores is converted to SSE and covers both vanilla & HF homes if you want linked & sorted storage. 

After writing all that, yes, I clearly like building homes :-)  Didn't quite realize how much, or how many plugins I had devoted to it.

Also the TNF city homes are all quite nice & support multiple rugrats if you like a lively residence, maybe add Storefront so your spouse has an excuse to get a break out of the house & away from munchkins.

Edited by redirishlord

That one looks interesting. *adds to list*

I built a Hearthfire home when I was playing on the PS3. I wasn't terribly impressed. But I tend to like small homes that aren't crammed with tons of stuff. (Or god, one I installed once that was so huge that I seriously got lost. I wandered around for about half an hour trying to find the exit!) If I want a larger home, what LOTD is for. But I was happy enough with Snapneck Shack when I started my Breton before. Especially for such a tiny treehouse, it has some really cool features! Granted, that was a temp thing for her. She had run away from home and was traveling around with a thief for a couple of years (who sadly was killed in the ambush) so she's used to sleeping just about anywhere, but I fully expected her to eventually end up with a house in Solitude. I have a few different house mods I've saved in a playlist that I need to check out. (One is only for SLE sadly, I'm wondering if I could actually pay Elianora to port it for me.) If you've never checked out RYANT1UM on Youtube, he does reviews of different home mods twice a weekend. (It's funny, though, he gets SO enthused about nearly every mod he reviews like it's the coolest one he's ever seen. LOL)

My Bosmers usually take over that cave right outside of Ivarstead and craft everything they need. There's also a cave somewhere in the mountains north of Riften with a STUNNING view. I am looking forward to trying out Bosmer Hearthfires, though.

BTW, given that it's so easy to get Faendal as a follower (and having learned more about Bretons, she'd probably not want to travel with the Orc she found), I may have just downloaded this. Ahem...

After writing all that, yes, I clearly like building homes :-)  Didn't quite realize how much, or how many plugins I had devoted to it.

I'm really starting to want to remind myself how to use the Creation Kit and create my own again. There was one for SLE that was AMAZING, completely outdoors on a small body of water, with walkways all over the place. Problem was that it wasn't navmeshed so my followers would either be wandering through the water or getting stuck somewhere, and it wasn't set up to block rain, so I'd end up drenched in a storm.

I didn't realize until this evening that I have 72 videos saved on my Skyrim playlist and a lot of them are lists. I may have to start removing things or merging them and see if they explode.

Speaking of, iAFT contains an option for followers avoiding traps. That means we don't need Follower Trap Safety, doesn't it?

...Speaking of, iAFT contains an option for followers avoiding traps. That means we don't need Follower Trap Safety, doesn't it?

I consider it redundant, keep in mind iAFT feature doesn't apply to bear traps, so minor inconvenience there depending on your "chance of death" selection in it's MCM.

I consider it redundant, keep in mind iAFT feature doesn't apply to bear traps, so minor inconvenience there depending on your "chance of death" selection in it's MCM.

I have 0% chance of death so no problem there. For immersion, I'd really like to set it so that followers stay down if they get that badly injured, but if I did that, Hadvar and my Breton would NEVER make it out of the keep. Well, actually, may not be completely true. One time when she got tired of waiting for that last fight to be over, she just ran for it and they didn't follow her. Turns out at least spiders die quickly with fire. (And while I know it works this way, after all that, it felt really odd when he was suddenly outside and fine when I exited the cave...)

BTW, that house in Ebonvale is 35,000! I don't care how many hidden rooms it has, it's not worth that. There's one place where I wouldn't feel bad consoling myself the key. Or the gold, either way.

... For immersion, I'd really like to set it so that followers stay down if they get that badly injured...

I think iAFT has injured followers down until end of combat by default, you can toggle that option off in the MCM. Could be other way around, I like the injured to be on the deck until the fight's over. Bad tactics should be painful, good training value.

Edit: sorry, I dont expect anyone here to fix my problems. I know it could be anything. Just got frustrated.

The log might be helpful, like I said earlier, I just can't remember how to turn it on right now. (I'd Google it, but I've spent all day working on this build yet again, I actually want to *gasp* PLAY for a while.)

I think iAFT has injured followers down until end of combat by default, you can toggle that option off in the MCM. Could be other way around, I like the injured to be on the deck until the fight's over. Bad tactics should be painful, good training value.

Yeah, "Delayed Combat Recovery." Can't remember the default, but I have it off. Although it might go nice with the setting, um, somewhere (ok, there are WAY too many MCM menus here) that lets followers take potions. Combined with Healing Hands, it would feel a lot more realistic.

Given that she's a Breton, I consoled her a few spells that I thought she'd very likely have if she's EVER done magic (especially from her time as a thief) like Calm, Fury, Muffle, etc. Healing hands might go well with that, although she'd still end up getting killed in Helgen. And given how Nords tend to feel about mages, she's trying to hide her abilities from Hadvar right now anyway.

BTW, I've tried out a few little house mods. Beginner's Shack in Riverwood is really nice for a beginner if anyone cares. Although I may open it in the CK and get rid of the armor mannequin. I don't think I've ever downloaded a house mod that I didn't redecorate somehow. LOL

Hearthfire homes: Is it worth it? Sure not if you use your favorite playerhome mod anyway - as I do. I always build the three homes however just for completeness, but it is actually not worth the trouble IMO. Takes a ton of ressources to build, even more so if you also take care for the funiture yourself. And if you have the housecarl buy the stuff for you, it takes him an eternity to fill the home. You can speed up the process by finding the border of the home cell and repetedly walk in and out, but that is quite a chore.

When you initially arrive at the property for your Hearthfire home, you'll find a container with a very minimal amount of items, a clay deposit, a stone deposit (with a seemingly infinite amount of clay and quarried stone) and a crafting station for your house. The first step is to hoof it to the nearest mill to purchase logs to get started. Also note that you do not have any smithing equipment so you may as well hoof it over to the nearest smith to create a big batch of nails, hinges, and iron fittings.

With the basic Hearthfires DLC you'll need to hoof it over to a mill about 50 times if you purchase 20 sawn logs at a time; hoof it over to a smith about 1,000 times to craft nails, iron fittings, hinges, and locks if you craft small sets at a time; hoof it all over the map multiple times to find find enough ore to melt into ingots; slaughter enough goats to feed the entire Imperial army to collect goat horns for the lights; and purchase a truckload of glass. All of the smithing equipment can be created in the basement of the house, but you can't create the basement until you build the basic house.

If you have Hearthfire Extended, you can craft basic smithing equipment outdoors before you craft the house and this will save a ton of trips to the nearest smith, but it still takes forever with a lot of trips all over the map to gather the stuff required.

I used to build these houses (and still do when I need to thoroughly test), but I don't bother in my own personal playthroughs because it's too much hassle. Also consider that the point of Hearthfire is to allow the player to craft homes for adoptable children so why in heaven's name are all Hearthire homes in deadly areas? All of them also have bandits randomly spawn at the backdoor.

Edit 2: Does anyone know why my character looks so... busty... in the Roughspun Tunic? I have her set at the skinniest setting in the Race Menu. Naked, she looks like a B cup. In that tunic, she looks more like DD. The other clothing I've tried doesn't do that, or at least not as obviously.

Maybe because it seems like the Roughspun Tunic isn't covered in any of the armor conversion for UNP we install ?