Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I understand LOOT have been updated again I am at work so can't do anything about it until tomorrow.

Try simply loading Arthmoor Villages after ICAIO.

at this point I am so pee'd off with LOOT's constant changes I say screw it and I'll provide my Load order for download

No pressure. Just finished merge section yesterday and wanted to start finishing line after work today but new update forced me to redo merges and for that I needed LOOT which started throwing cyclic interactions. I was pissed myself, didn't know what was causing it. Anyway appreciated your work. Many thanks :)

One mod was unchecked. Now all I have left missing is merged Masters

So I'm working right now on Merge files and will then proceed with the rest of the guide (LOOT, DynDOLOD,...) until the end and see if CTD is old story

I've managed to finish the full guide and the game is loading fine, no crash with Snazzy furniture activated and merged associated !

Edited by genju

Stupid question time. I decided to clean up my Skyrim directory again because even playing vanilla I'm having a couple of weird little issues. When I was reinstalling the Creation Kit, it occurred to me, where are we supposed to install it? I had it in the Skyrim directory before, but that's not what it defaults to, and reading the guides, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible, I got about 3h sleep last night), I don't see anything saying where to install it. I can't remember where I got that idea.

When I was looking at the regular SSE STEP guide to see if it mentioned the directory there, it just says to put the custom .ini file there. it also says not to extract the scripts. What's the reason to do it or not to do it?

Did you update LOTD since starting a save game? You have to do some things to update safely as spec'd in the LOTD page.

yes i cleaned the scripts. i made a post previous to that one that addressed that which is why i got frustrated. but were was also some confusion as to specifics on how to clean the scripts.

Process one:

1) update mod.

2) Load save and save on new slot.

3) clean scripts from game.

OR

Process two:

1) Clean Scripts from save file.

2) Update mod

3) Load game and save to new slot. 

yes i cleaned the scripts. i made a post previous to that one that addressed that which is why i got frustrated. but were was also some confusion as to specifics on how to clean the scripts.

Process one:

1) update mod.

2) Load save and save on new slot.

3) clean scripts from game.

OR

Process two:

1) Clean Scripts from save file.

2) Update mod

3) Load game and save to new slot. 

Process two is the correct method of cleaning LotD scripts. Or, you could do what I usually do, and start a new game after installing the update.

I didn't do that this time however. I saved, cleaned the scripts, installed the new version and proceeded to play. Not had any issues. Been back to the gallery several times. All is well.

Stupid question time. I decided to clean up my Skyrim directory again because even playing vanilla I'm having a couple of weird little issues. When I was reinstalling the Creation Kit, it occurred to me, where are we supposed to install it? I had it in the Skyrim directory before, but that's not what it defaults to, and reading the guides, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible, I got about 3h sleep last night), I don't see anything saying where to install it. I can't remember where I got that idea.

When I was looking at the regular SSE STEP guide to see if it mentioned the directory there, it just says to put the custom .ini file there. it also says not to extract the scripts. What's the reason to do it or not to do it?

Per the Creation Kit FAQ:

HOW DO I GET THE CREATION KIT FOR SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION?

After you've installed Skyrim SE, download the Bethesda.net Launcher to install the Creation Kit for Skyrim SE. Choose the proper folder to install the Creation Kit -- find where you have Skyrim Special Edition installed and choose that folder to install the Creation Kit.

Process two is the correct method of cleaning LotD scripts. Or, you could do what I usually do, and start a new game after installing the update.

I didn't do that this time however. I saved, cleaned the scripts, installed the new version and proceeded to play. Not had any issues. Been back to the gallery several times. All is well.

ok, ill remember that next time. i backed up my saves prior to 4.1 so i just progressed from there and will do process two this time.

Per the Creation Kit FAQ:

HOW DO I GET THE CREATION KIT FOR SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION?

After you've installed Skyrim SE, download the Bethesda.net Launcher to install the Creation Kit for Skyrim SE. Choose the proper folder to install the Creation Kit -- find where you have Skyrim Special Edition installed and choose that folder to install the Creation Kit.

Thank you. I'm thinking it's nap time for me...

What about extracting/not extracting the scripts? I'm happy following this guide, I'm just wondering overall what the difference is.

Thank you. I'm thinking it's nap time for me...

What about extracting/not extracting the scripts? I'm happy following this guide, I'm just wondering overall what the difference is.

That I'm not sure of. I had installed the CK prior to finding this guide and I don't know if I extracted the scripts when I installed it or not. It's been working fine for me, so I haven't bothered to figure it out.

Edited by DarKnight

I little digging turned up a post about installing CK (https://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/161-special-edition-creation-kit-installation/) that says that if you're not going to be working with scripts, you don't need to unpack the scripts that are in the CK. Since all we're using CK for is to update the FormID to 44, we don't need the scripts. If you're going to use the CK to do modding on your own and need scripts, then you'll need to unpack them.

That I'm now sure of. I had installed the CK prior to finding this guide and I don't know if I extracted the scripts when I installed it or now. It's been working fine for me, so I haven't bothered to figure it out.

I just looked at my old SLE install and I didn't extract them then and I made a ton of mods with it, so I guess it doesn't matter. (All for personal use, I've never been brave enough to upload any.) But especially since I started looking at house mods last night, I'm really wanting to get back into modding again.

I went ahead and extracted the scripts because why not. It's weird that the directory structure is backwards, though, source/scripts instead of the other way. I'm not sure if I should fix that or not.

I little digging turned up a post about installing CK (https://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/161-special-edition-creation-kit-installation/) that says that if you're not going to be working with scripts, you don't need to unpack the scripts that are in the CK. Since all we're using CK for is to update the FormID to 44, we don't need the scripts. If you're going to use the CK to do modding on your own and need scripts, then you'll need to unpack them.

Huh. I wonder if something changed with SSE. I looked at some of the scripts and the ones I looked at weren't compiled, so it's right that they're sources. It doesn't mention the directory structure for those, though. I guess if it's packaged that way, the creation kit knows where they are?

Thanks for looking that up for me, I'm seriously brain-dead today. :-)

All of this (mostly) because I'm trying to figure out why bShowTutorials=0 in skyrim.ini doesn't work any more. (My enb also isn't working right. No idea how I messed that up either, or if it has to do with that update we did recently.)

Edited by OCDCoder

All of this (mostly) because I'm trying to figure out why bShowTutorials=0 in skyrim.ini doesn't work any more. (My enb also isn't working right. No idea how I messed that up either, or if it has to do with that update we did recently.)

I'm trying to figure out why Karliah and I don't have heads when we're wearing the Nightingale Hood. Brynjolf has a head. I want my head back! It has to have something to do with gender, but I'm damned if I know what. I'm also sure that it's something that I've added in the last week or so, just need to figure it out...or not.

I'm trying to figure out why Karliah and I don't have heads when we're wearing the Nightingale Hood. Brynjolf has a head. I want my head back! It has to have something to do with gender, but I'm damned if I know what. I'm also sure that it's something that I've added in the last week or so, just need to figure it out...or not.

Ok, your problem beats mine. I'd probably have to say your problem even beats my naked Imperial problem from a while back. LOL (You know, years and probably thousands of hours playing SLE, I've never once seen the headless horseman.)

Ok, your problem beats mine. I'd probably have to say your problem even beats my naked Imperial problem from a while back. LOL (You know, years and probably thousands of hours playing SLE, I've never once seen the headless horseman.)

I don't know. I had the naked Imperials as well, and they weren't in a given spot. They were at the Jagged Crown, the Battle for Whiterun, Fort Amol, and the Battle for Windhelm. At Windhelm, the naked ones outnumbered the armored ones. And, oddly enough, even though I have SOS installed, all of the naked ones were missing a piece of vital equipment.  :unsure:

ok so you have Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Scripts in there are 2 more folders DialogueViews and Source?

I have mine extracted as Lexy mentions above (searching this topic also has a response by Kneph13 that's related), with the CreationKit.exe in the SkrimSE root directory.

Oh, and here's something shiny you might like, Elvenwood. To better git yur bosmer on. I'm also liking Settlements Expanded with the Arthmoor villages as a towns expansion/overhaul. 

Edited by redirishlord