Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey all. A question WRT converting plugins - if I followed the process correctly, will MO2 continue to show the "Alternate Game Source" flag? After loading and saving in CK and having no errors flag in xEdit, this flag still shows after converting Extended UI. Thanks in advance for any answer and (if needed...) solution.

MO2 will continue to show Skyrim as it source cos that where you downloaded it from. you can update yourself thou under the nexus info tab when you double-click on it.

Hey guys,

Enhanced Landscapes - standalone oaks is not tagged with the 'converted' tag and the instructions don't indicate to convert, however the ESP is in form 43 and it throws an error in Wrye. Should I be converting this plugin before the merge or is it fine?

Thanks! :)

that because I provide an already premade esp.

The install instruction for the latest XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE don't seem to match the guide. The options are very different.

the latest XP32 requires Racemenu and still have issues. use the older version unless you want to experiment.

MO2 will continue to show Skyrim as it source cos that where you downloaded it from. you can update yourself thou under the nexus info tab when you double-click on it.

that because I provide an already premade esp.

the latest XP32 requires Racemenu and still have issues. use the older version unless you want to experiment.

Thanks for the reply Lexy! I can see a pre-made ESP for marsh pines standalone but not oaks standalone. Am I not understanding something in the guide? I assume it would be safe for me to just convert it myself?

Thanks for the reply Lexy! I can see a pre-made ESP for marsh pines standalone but not oaks standalone. Am I not understanding something in the guide? I assume it would be safe for me to just convert it myself?

ah I was confused the oaks standalone is only Textures no Meshes or esp so nothing needs converting.

Edit: Oh I should know my now not and answer questions when I just woke and before my morning coffee it just a flag issue I'll sort that.

Edit 2: you sure you got the Optional SSE version that has been converted properly

Is this still the case? Haven't had any issues yet, and I don't have racemenu installed. I selected the "none" option in the installer for racemenu option. Not sure if I should overwrite with the older version or just leave it alone. 

Edited by tyrindor

Are you sure it requires racemenu? It was updated pretty recently, I see a "none" option in the installer for that. Not sure if I should overwrite with the older version or just leave it alone. Haven't had any issues yet.

it says it does when you download it.

I guess I relook at it.

it says it does when you download it.

I guess I relook at it.

BTW I ported Racemenu using Dirty Weasel's video and Expired's recompiled dll's. It's "some assembly required" but kinda official (thought alpha) and works in all respects except for face sculpting. Preset saving and loading works - haven't tried with a downloaded preset.

Also, from reddit: "note that XPMSE needs to be downgraded one patch level or you have to use SSE Engine Fixes (which you should be using anyway to prevent a bug that lowers your FPS the more plugins you have) otherwise you'll get CTDs with Racemenu."

Update XPMSE or no update? "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". If Groovatma only published a changelog to see what important changes were made in the newer versions, I might feel motivated to move on from the version we're using. From my digging it seems all the update to 4.3x does is allow for compatibility with Racemenu, weapon scaling and that sort of stuff. The page description also mentions compatibility with SMP (and who needs the extra nightmare of installing SMP and manually editing all those capes and cloaks and any meshes you care to add it to - last time I dug, the few available instructions were published in the most esoteric and unhelpful terms imaginable, along with insults to people who find them hard to follow).

Edited by godescalcus

Guys, who can tell me the difference between CH and Immersive Horses? I like CH through and through, quests and all. I like to train the horse, the whistle, the summon horn, the packing ability and everything works. But people claim that IH is lighter on scripts and that alone would be a good reason to prefer it. It's also been used since Neovalen's SRLE and I could use his and Darth and Paul666root's CR guides to help fix some conflicts, the main ones seemingly being the AI that needs forwarding over mods like Skytest. Probably the CR entries for Convenient Horses in this build also have pertinent information to IH.

Guys, who can tell me the difference between CH and Immersive Horses? I like CH through and through, quests and all. I like to train the horse, the whistle, the summon horn, the packing ability and everything works. But people claim that IH is lighter on scripts and that alone would be a good reason to prefer it. It's also been used since Neovalen's SRLE and I could use his and Darth and Paul666root's CR guides to help fix some conflicts, the main ones seemingly being the AI that needs forwarding over mods like Skytest. Probably the CR entries for Convenient Horses in this build also have pertinent information to IH.

there is an issue with iAFT and IH and RDO but not had a chance to properly look at it

there is an issue with iAFT and IH and RDO but not had a chance to properly look at it

I'm going without any follower mods at the moment... I may try to add MHIYH. Figured that with all the special followers added by the guide (including all 3dnpc followers) that use their own follower system, I don't really need the option to recruit multiple vanilla followers. I may have missed something...

I'm going without any follower mods at the moment... I may try to add MHIYH. Figured that with all the special followers added by the guide (including all 3dnpc followers) that use their own follower system, I don't really need the option to recruit multiple vanilla followers. I may have missed something...

Interesting NPCs uses the vanilla follower system so does toccata and M'rissi only Sofia and Inigo don't work with iAFT.

Interesting NPCs uses the vanilla follower system so does toccata and M'rissi only Sofia and Inigo don't work with iAFT.

LE 3dNPC page has a sticky that starts "Interesting NPCs has its own follower system that is a copy of the vanilla follower system and works on the same principle as vanilla - only one follower can be hired at a time."

I assume I haven't tested thoroughly, but I'd say it should be possible to go with Sofia and Inigo plus Toccata and one 3dNPC follower, sometimes more with active quests, without using an NPC management system. But I may go back to using iAFT, anyway. No problem with Immersive Horses for me, I do like CH and I think IH doesn't have the cool training system. The lighter script load is attractive, that's all.

Edited by godescalcus

LE 3dNPC page has a sticky that starts "Interesting NPCs has its own follower system that is a copy of the vanilla follower system and works on the same principle as vanilla - only one follower can be hired at a time."

I assume I haven't tested thoroughly, but I'd say it should be possible to go with Sofia and Inigo plus Toccata and one 3dNPC follower, sometimes more with active quests, without using an NPC management system. But I may go back to using iAFT, anyway. No problem with Immersive Horses for me, I do like CH and I think IH doesn't have the cool training system. The lighter script load is attractive, that's all.

I am still on the fence with IH but at the moment I am of the mindset if it ain't broke don't fix.