Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

That would be very unfortunate, Immersive citizens is one of the mods I'd definitely consider essential.

don't get me wrong it is a great mod and I love playing with it but I hate modding with it the incompatibilities it has are annoying. for example, If I want to install a new city mod I must first make sure it is compatible with ICAIO and if not decide whether the loss of some ICAIO functionality or maybe NPC do strange things like walking into walls is really worth it.

don't get me wrong it is a great mod and I love playing with it but I hate modding with it the incompatibilities it has are annoying. for example, If I want to install a new city mod I must first make sure it is compatible with ICAIO and if not decide whether the loss of some ICAIO functionality or maybe NPC do strange things like walking into walls is really worth it.

The only solution I really have for that is to only use city mods that are known to be compatible with ICAIO in the first place. Not really a solution per say but I'd much rather limit myself on city mods than lose ICAIO. City mods can be great and all, but the functionality of ICAIO has always come out on top. Just my personal opinion of course, just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I haven't really used many city mods to begin with because I've always been looking out for ICAIO, so my input may not mean much.

Edited by xXSHMATTOXx

The only solution I really have for that is to only use city mods that are known to be compatible with ICAIO in the first place.

Regarding Immersive Citizens, I understand your reasoning, but this is the first time I've ever been able to play with it and I'd be really sad to see it go.

Lexy did mention Sthaagg was working on an alterative that seems to have better performance and accomplish a similar effect, although not so all-encompassing. It especially doesn't do navmeshing and marker spamming, which I think are big causes for incompatibility . Myself and, I think, most mod users that can patch a few things lack the knowledge to rebuild navmeshes if there are incompatibilities there, or do CK work. xEdit is simply not enough to fix things for ICAIO.

I agree with you on city mods not being an essential thing, although I don't really like to lose so much flexibility when modding the game. Truth of the matter is, ICAIO is probably one of the mods that's most invasive in this build. I also agree with lexy, it's a pain to mod with it. Still, I could put up with it because ICAIO's really that good - what also makes me feel like dropping it is actually what's posted on the reddit and step threads by Thalassa, Arthmoor, Nazenn and others. On those grounds, I think I'd be pretty happy to stuff in Nazenn's JK ultra light+DoS merge (Legacy will even patch itself if the Blues Skyrim esp is present), the alternative AI Overhaul (needs porting) and maybe Realistic Conversations (if the former doesn't make it redundant; RC is reported to work nicely with RDO). I'm already using PCE which is patched for ICAIO, but works nicely on its own regading court life. Immersive College of Winterhold also takes care of that corner (also patched but does a good job on its own).

Edited by godescalcus

I just got down to the DynDOLOD output. I just generated it and am looking for the BSHeartland folder, but its not there. I also started the program again, and its not in the region list

Should I even bother fixing it? Or should I just leave it as is?

Edited by ATMPlays

I just got down to the DynDOLOD output. I just generated it and am looking for the BSHeartland folder, but its not there. I also started the program again, and its not in the region list

Should I even bother fixing it? Or should I just leave it as is?

Just leave it Sheson actually recently added Bruma to DynDOLOD's Ignore list.

Dawnstar_No Snow Under the Roof_Patch.esp, Helarchen Creek - No Snow Under the Roof.esp,

Whistling Mine - No Snow Under the Roof.esp have all been included in the No Snow under the roof Merge,

and thus has been deactivated in my Load Order. why do they now have Loot Rules? I also cannot add those rules

unless i reactivate them and making them redundant.

Edited by BlackJackal

Lexy - been putting the build together for a few days now, and the list is very impressive. Still going through it and downloading, but a few questions have come up that either I've missed or I can't figure out the right search terms to use (which means sorry if these are repeat questions...).

1) I (personally) have no objections to the skin choices used, but I have younger children that make the nude versions of those skins... somewhat innappropriate. My question, then, is this - with all the merges and patches that you provide, I'm unable to determine if making the SFW choices for these mods would cause additional problems with the build or not. I don't IMAGINE they would, but given the build's complexity, I'd rather ask the question before I mess something up.

2) I did read other replies WRT building the merge patches, and you mentioned that in your experience most users would do the merges as they went. Like the person you were replying to, I hadn't been doing that either... in fact it hadn't occurred to me to do that at all, since I had made the assumption that if I was supposed to do it that soon, the guide would have mentioned it. The question, then, is which timings make for an easier build... or if it even matters when it's done?

3) Echoing a post from earlier that hasn't been answered yet, the guide directs the renaming of LightningDuringThunderstorms.esp (?) to MintyLightningMod.esp. This has caused a missing master in one of the patch files later on, and I'm very unclear as to the purpose of that rename. What's the thought process here?

Looking forward to getting this monster working - I've always held back from a lot of these mods on SLE because of memory constraints, but with those gone now, this looks like one of the best games in town. As others do, I appreciate the work and frustration you go through to make this available to us. Keep it up, and much thanks.

Edited by Shadriss

My 2 cents but not a fan of race menu with out the mesh edit. Tried it a month ago with a manual port and no matter what I did my character has jaggy cheeks. ECE has a working face edit but it's not necessary for my issue because it has a addition change that fixes those regions of the face automatically.

Does anyone have a solution to this with current race menu?

Lexy - been putting the build together for a few days now, and the list is very impressive. Still going through it and downloading, but a few questions have come up that either I've missed or I can't figure out the right search terms to use (which means sorry if these are repeat questions...).

1) I (personally) have no objections to the skin choices used, but I have younger children that make the nude versions of those skins... somewhat innappropriate. My question, then, is this - with all the merges and patches that you provide, I'm unable to determine if making the SFW choices for these mods would cause additional problems with the build or not. I don't IMAGINE they would, but given the build's complexity, I'd rather ask the question before I mess something up.

2) I did read other replies WRT building the merge patches, and you mentioned that in your experience most users would do the merges as they went. Like the person you were replying to, I hadn't been doing that either... in fact it hadn't occurred to me to do that at all, since I had made the assumption that if I was supposed to do it that soon, the guide would have mentioned it. The question, then, is which timings make for an easier build... or if it even matters when it's done?

3) Echoing a post from earlier that hasn't been answered yet, the guide directs the renaming of LightningDuringThunderstorms.esp (?) to MintyLightningMod.esp. This has caused a missing master in one of the patch files later on, and I'm very unclear as to the purpose of that rename. What's the thought process here?

Looking forward to getting this monster working - I've always held back from a lot of these mods on SLE because of memory constraints, but with those gone now, this looks like one of the best games in town. As others do, I appreciate the work and frustration you go through to make this available to us. Keep it up, and much thanks.

1. when you install UNP Blessed in the fomod there is never-nude option as well as Vitruvia - Skin texture overhaul for males.

2. it actually does not matter when you do them I think the more experienced users probably do as they go through and guide is meant for aimed ad more experience that what i assumed. I should really stop assuming every user of this guide has modding experience.

3. Ah I see there was a patch for LightningDuringThunderstorms.esp you downloaded from my dropbox that changed the master but for some reason, the link is missing when I did I remove why did I remove it I don't know :confusion: anyway here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf16p6rjkpmax16/Vivid%20Weathers%20SE%20-%20LightingDuringStorm%20Patch.esp?dl=0) 

Edit: Phew it is still there Special After Installation Instructions: (Use this replacer for Lightning During Thunderstorms.) Don't sacre me like that hehehe

1) So in short - no issues if I do the SFW options. Good to know.

2) I'm relatively experienced - been modding and been using STEP since the days of it being a PDF file list. I don't question your thinking here, but I would point out that anyone following a guide for the first time is likely to take it as it comes - IE, if the merging isn't mentioned as something to do until you hit the end of the guide, that's where the first-time follower is more likely to do it. As a suggestion, placing a link to the merge page when a merge is able to be completed (and telling us which merge can now be completed...) may be a way to head off this kind of question in the future. Right now, the mod notes you provide mention when a file is involved in one of those merges, but not when all of the required files for that merge are installed.

3) Thanks for the answer - I'll get that downloaded and into the build when I get home. I assume this can be dropped into the same mod that provides the patch as a direct overwrite? Also, still curious why the rename at all in the first place - does this somehow avoid an issue further down the line that is not immediately obvious?

Thanks for the swift replies, Lexy. Your continuing support for this guide is exceptional.

Edited by Shadriss

1) So in short - no issues if I do the SFW options. Good to know.

2) I'm relatively experienced - been modding and been using STEP since the days of it being a PDF file list. I don't question your thinking here, but I would point out that anyone following a guide for the first time is likely to take it as it comes - IE, if the merging isn't mentioned as something to do until you hit the end of the guide, that's where the first-time follower is more likely to do it. As a suggestion, placing a link to the merge page when a merge is able to be completed (and telling us which merge can now be completed...) may be a way to head off this kind of question in the future. Right now, the mod notes you provide mention when a file is involved in one of those merges, but not when all of the required files for that merge are installed.

3) Thanks for the answer - I'll get that downloaded and into the build when I get home. I assume this can be dropped into the same mod that provides the patch as a direct overwrite? Also, still curious why the rename at all in the first place - does this somehow avoid an issue further down the line that is not immediately obvious?

Thanks for the swift replies, Lexy. Your continuing support for this guide is exceptional.

Well like a said I doesn't matter when you do the merge but at the end is probably the easiest but you will hit the esp limit so I know some users go do go off and start merges halfway through the guide. Every mod that is part of a merge (apart from the pre-Smash merged) is tagged and linked to the merge page already so it up to the individual when they do them. Hopefully, I have taken care of the LOOT issue causing problems now.

yes is a straight overwrite I renamed it cos the vivid weather lightening during storms patch is pointing to the wrong master file which I have corrected. I don't know why Magaclub still hasn't sorted this out but until he does use my replacer.