Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

To contribute, I'd like to suggest Skyrim Wayshrines - Immerse Fast Travel - Swift SE for consideration since the guide goes the disabled fast travel + immersion route.

- The scenery it adds to the world looks great and fits in wonderfully with the current modding setup.

- It's nicely fleshed out and fully featured, with an MCM menu and configurable parameters.

- It features a quest line to unlock the functionality (and ability to skip it via the MCM if desired.)

- You need to discover + activate wayshrines in the world space to add them to the travel network.

- It features a (optional, configurable) cost for usage by way of expending soul gems.

- (IMO) it is a great compliment to carriage + ferry travel in a no fast travel playthrough, as it offers a handsome and lore-friendly evolution of travel options once characters get higher level (since if you're not auto-skipping it, it takes a lot of legwork to get operational.)

- There are patches to expand the wayshrine network to include Falskaar, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, Wyrmstooth, etc. and they're Merge Plugins-friendly for condensing esp usage.

- There are patches to play nice with The Brotherhood of Old + White Forest Borealis that are merge friendly too.

I feel that the workmanship behind the mod is very solid and it looks + plays great in practice.  I've been using it this entire playthrough along with the Lexy loadout and absolutely love it, it's easily one of my favorite new mods.

This is probably a stupid question given modding Skyrim in general, but just for the sake of clarity and posterity: it's normal for Skyrim to still have the occasional CTD even after being exhaustively thorough with xEdit corrections and cleaning, load order optimization, etc., yeah? 

Don't get me wrong, I have had stints of hours of play with no issues with this setup, I just still every now and then have a sudden CTD when just walking around the world space or (most 'commonly') after the animations finish for Keep Yourself Clean, etc. 

This is still ultimately just the nature of the beast with modding Skyrim, I'm sure--but I just wanted to clarify that it's not just me / having screwed up something while everyone else has a 100% bulletproof experience instead of 97%.

Yeah the occasion crash is acceptable range for me, being able to play for 4+ hrs with no crash is what I deem a stable game. When I was playing Skyrim LE with Darth's guide most of my crashes were caused by corrupted nifs that CrashFixes reported to me so I could look up the formid of the mod and redownload it.

• +1 1

Thank you, that's pretty much precisely the sort of thing I'm referring to--and I'll stress again that especially considering how beefy this mod loadout is, it's astonishingly stable.  Out of, say, 50 hours or so of play, I could ballpark maybe 30 unexpected CTDs along the way that weren't 'correctable' in the troubleshooting sense near as I could tell and in the grand scheme of things, that is a very tiny ratio of frustration to actual gameplay clock--it's just aggravating how much crashing once or twice out of the blue can put you on edge / paranoia for hours and hours afterwards. 

Perfect example in the Solitude area is crashing on my way up to Meridia's beacon, then fastidiously saving every 5 - 10 minutes... but not crashing throughout the entirety of Meridia's quest thereafter, nor the entirety of Wolfskull cave + the thwarting the necromancers summoning Potema, etc. which is a fair chunk of play, riding my horse up to the fort to satisfy the legion and suddenly getting a CTD right as I drew my weapon before attacking the fort.  Reload, runs fine for the entirety of the very protracted fight with the bandits, both interiors of the fort, etc.  Stints like that.

One of the only very direct rough crashes that took me a bit to puzzle out with lots of hopping back and forth between saves, etc. was in the process of discovering that somewhere in the modding process + merges + whatever, somehow the Scroll of Candlelight entry in the records ended up with a NULL reference instead of the correct spell reference--which resulted in a consistent, reliable, 100% of the time CTD as soon as I'd open my inventory with one of the scrolls in there. 

It was satisfying to fix that, but took a lot of reloading and going from being -convinced- that I was crashing upon looting an enemy -> clearly something that enemy is dropping is crashing me -> wait a minute if I reload far enough back and get to that enemy I don't crash -> 'What bloody thing am I picking up between these two saves that's crashing?'

In any event, I would love to be able to scry or divine or whatever warlock magic is necessary to deduce why Skyrim sometimes gets irascible out of the blue; in the meantime, I am keen to do as much preemptively as I can to try to give as smooth a potential experience as I can muster and I spent a lot more than I should upgrading my rig in pursuit of 'I want to be absolutely sure it isn't my hardware holding me back.'

Which is all a very long way of saying that this guide got me both excited to play Skyrim again and mod it up and upgrade my PC, so many kudos to the team behind it.

I have a timer.  I save every 5 minutes.  ha ha

Been a few days since the oldrim legacy pack... seriously looking at loading up SSE, and dropped by.. NICE Work on the compartmentalization of the SSE pack! I do like very much! I am scrubbing the list of mods and will likely have a few questions in the coming days... first one to pop up is :  Does the LOTD hot springs in the personal quarters have a auto un-equip/equip for follower armor? Many thanks, and again.. very nice work!!!

Think I dropped in just before a big patch and wanted to bump this for an answer from the team here... auto undress/dress at the tub for followers/npc?

Also.. after combing the guide.. two tech questions:

if a mod is optional... like one of the survival options, and it shows on the "merge" page... action would be - just disregard that esp in the merging as I would not have it installed?  (example: ineed for Falskaar).

Additionally, is there a "line item" CR page like in the LE version?... say I only want some of the followers... Toccata and M'Rissa... and want to do my own CR from the expert guidance here and would like to copy that, then add my followers and do the rest myself....?

THanks much for the input!!

To contribute, I'd like to suggest Skyrim Wayshrines - Immerse Fast Travel - Swift SE for consideration since the guide goes the disabled fast travel + immersion route.

- The scenery it adds to the world looks great and fits in wonderfully with the current modding setup.

- It's nicely fleshed out and fully featured, with an MCM menu and configurable parameters.

- It features a quest line to unlock the functionality (and ability to skip it via the MCM if desired.)

- You need to discover + activate wayshrines in the world space to add them to the travel network.

- It features a (optional, configurable) cost for usage by way of expending soul gems.

- (IMO) it is a great compliment to carriage + ferry travel in a no fast travel playthrough, as it offers a handsome and lore-friendly evolution of travel options once characters get higher level (since if you're not auto-skipping it, it takes a lot of legwork to get operational.)

- There are patches to expand the wayshrine network to include Falskaar, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, Wyrmstooth, etc. and they're Merge Plugins-friendly for condensing esp usage.

- There are patches to play nice with The Brotherhood of Old + White Forest Borealis that are merge friendly too.

I feel that the workmanship behind the mod is very solid and it looks + plays great in practice.  I've been using it this entire playthrough along with the Lexy loadout and absolutely love it, it's easily one of my favorite new mods.

I ran this in my LE setup for a long while, and concur. The shrines themselves are designed to use a mod we already use (Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture), so they look even better than the base version on the Nexus. Additionally, the shrines are generally unobtrusive and in places that are near major cities and areas of interest, but not obviously so (finding the stupid things is half the challenge...) so they won't impinge much, if any, on the mods that are already in the lineup. I was going to add it to my own lineup here anyway, but since someone brought it up, I'd second it.

Edited by Shadriss

Just for a self-check as well: for folks using Mod Organizer 2 + ENB + SKSE 64, roughly how long does it take you to go from hitting Run in MO to actually getting to the main menu of Skyrim?  Frustratingly, it takes me 40 - 60 seconds personally; the command prompt window for SKSE comes and goes very quickly, but then the system sits around for a goodly while before actually arriving at the menu and I was curious if this was simply a byproduct of MO's virtual file system and such a tremendous mod load--or if there's some other aberration annoying me.  The actual save loading is pretty quick comparatively (10 - 20 seconds tops typically) it's just the initial load that feels so egregious and leads to more frustration in CTD scenarios.

Just for a self-check as well: for folks using Mod Organizer 2 + ENB + SKSE 64, roughly how long does it take you to go from hitting Run in MO to actually getting to the main menu of Skyrim?  Frustratingly, it takes me 40 - 60 seconds personally; the command prompt window for SKSE comes and goes very quickly, but then the system sits around for a goodly while before actually arriving at the menu and I was curious if this was simply a byproduct of MO's virtual file system and such a tremendous mod load--or if there's some other aberration annoying me.  The actual save loading is pretty quick comparatively (10 - 20 seconds tops typically) it's just the initial load that feels so egregious and leads to more frustration in CTD scenarios.

Normal - I even get a nice message from ENB telling me it's compiling my shaders, with a tip to turn on the shader cache in my driver settings... which they are, which makes this odd, but tolerable.

Normal - I even get a nice message from ENB telling me it's compiling my shaders, with a tip to turn on the shader cache in my driver settings... which they are, which makes this odd, but tolerable.

Same here. I might have once yelled at my screen, "IT'S ON, DO I NEED TO WRITE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU ON HOW TO USE IT?!" :crash:

Trying to build the new weather patch, and have several of the files not showing up in Merge Plugins... mostly the Obsidian_TS files.

RIght now, only seeing Obsidian Weathers, Aequinoctum, Addon for Vigilant, TrueStorms, Minty, and Wonders. Any clues here? Have restarted Merge a few times, as well as MO2... haven't restarted the computer yet, but that will take care of itself overnight. Suggestions welcome.

EDIT: Disregard - I'm not sure why, but the next time around, they all showed.

Edited by Shadriss

Does anyone have any idea how I might try troubleshooting a CTD when entering Riverwood? Turns out my reproducible crash isn't of the "save the game right before the crash then reload and everything is fine" variety, but more like the "somewhere there's a bad mesh" type.

I was running ok at the end of June but haven't played since (I was waiting for Obsidian to go in) though I have been keeping up with the updates. I'm stumped at the moment, but starting a new game and coc'ing straight to Riverwood is a guaranteed CTD, as is running over there.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

just a question about changelog 10/07/18.

1) I have the loots rules for ELE Merged.esp as stated, but i didnt need to change anything what was updated?

2) i never received any complaint/Error from loot when from merging alot of the merges listed, and some of the loot rules say to load after other .esp files that are not even present within the merge.

just a question about changelog 10/07/18.

1) I have the loots rules for ELE Merged.esp as stated, but i didnt need to change anything what was updated?

2) i never received any complaint/Error from loot when from merging alot of the merges listed, and some of the loot rules say to load after other .esp files that are not even present within the merge.

EDIT: Loot keeps placing Weather systems Missives.esp, Merged.esp And Weapons Armor Merged.esp at the very bottom of the LO is that intentional? i didnt b4

EDIT: Resolved itself after multiple loot runs.

Edited by BlackJackal