To contribute, I'd like to suggest Skyrim Wayshrines - Immerse Fast Travel - Swift SE for consideration since the guide goes the disabled fast travel + immersion route.
- The scenery it adds to the world looks great and fits in wonderfully with the current modding setup.
- It's nicely fleshed out and fully featured, with an MCM menu and configurable parameters.
- It features a quest line to unlock the functionality (and ability to skip it via the MCM if desired.)
- You need to discover + activate wayshrines in the world space to add them to the travel network.
- It features a (optional, configurable) cost for usage by way of expending soul gems.
- (IMO) it is a great compliment to carriage + ferry travel in a no fast travel playthrough, as it offers a handsome and lore-friendly evolution of travel options once characters get higher level (since if you're not auto-skipping it, it takes a lot of legwork to get operational.)
- There are patches to expand the wayshrine network to include Falskaar, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, Wyrmstooth, etc. and they're Merge Plugins-friendly for condensing esp usage.
- There are patches to play nice with The Brotherhood of Old + White Forest Borealis that are merge friendly too.
I feel that the workmanship behind the mod is very solid and it looks + plays great in practice. I've been using it this entire playthrough along with the Lexy loadout and absolutely love it, it's easily one of my favorite new mods.